homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Be afraid, "Islamic State" (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  16  17  18 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Be afraid, "Islamic State"
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Stetson, anything is possible now. All kinds of weird alliances will arise.

On Friday, a Shia militia slaughtered 70 people at a Sunni mosque, but this militia is linked with the Iraqui government, and have fought against IS!

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I forgot to say that this is one reason that Sunni tribal leaders have been giving IS a free pass, since they see the Iraqui goverment as blatantly sectarian. And some of these leaders fought against Al Quaeda.

--------------------

deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by quetzalcoatl:
Yes, I thought the same. There is a kind of subterranean racism in all this - IS can kill lots of towelheads, who after all, are (some of them), themselves Muslims, but a nice American boy with clean-cut features - that is a step too far.

You say it like it's a bad thing.

--------------------
"The moral high ground is slowly being bombed to oblivion. " - Supermatelot

Posts: 2118 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ad Orientem
Shipmate
# 17574

- Posted      Profile for Ad Orientem     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is deano for real?
Posts: 2606 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have no interest in anyone's skin colour, sexual preference or gender.

I don't even mind if people are genuinely moderate muslims. But I don't see any. The religion itself precludes moderation. It abhors western values and culture and seems to be predicated on destroying it.

That's how it seems to be.

But I am not good at turning the other cheek, and fuck you Martin before you weigh in with some fuckwitted quote about Jesus.

In fact I'm not very good at getting one of my cheeks slapped in the first place. I would rather kick someone who even looks like they MIGHT try to slap my cheek in the bollocks, and give them some shoe when they are down.

I grew up in a tough old pit village, went to a tough old school where I was the brightest child there by some margin and suffered the bullying because of it. I survived school rather than went to school.

So that's my outlook on life - get the first hit in before the other guy seizes the initiative and it ends up as me getting the shoeing.

When I see a threat to me, my family, my lifestyle, my faith, my culture, or my security, my instinct is to deal with that threat and if it requires violence then so be it. And I'm not interested in minimum violence. You stop bullies by giving the worst bully such a good fucking kicking that you put him in hospital and he needs to have facial surgery and new teeth put in at some point. The other's will not dare to try anything.

It works in the playground and in the pub. It will work with muslim fanaticism as well.

--------------------

orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by deano:
You stop bullies by giving the worst bully such a good fucking kicking that you put him in hospital and he needs to have facial surgery and new teeth put in at some point. The other's will not dare to try anything.

It works in the playground and in the pub. It will work with muslim fanaticism as well.

You try these tactics, do you? Or do you just advocate them for the lower classes you've occasionally talked about?

How did they go? Ever get any injuries yourself? Ever try it with a bully armed with a grenade launcher?

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The trouble is that for far too long, and for the most ignoble of reasons, 'the west' has tolerated state barbarism in the middle east, just so long as it suited out own ends or they were only torturing, maiming and killing their own citizens or co-religionists.

Before you howl me down, how else to explain the silence of the US and European governments about the revolting abuses of power in Saudi Arabia, about Savak in the Shah's Iran (and Khomeini's thugs after him); about the ruthless exploitation and denial of rights in Kuwait, the UAE states and Bahrain, etc, etc, etc.

Now if 'the west' wishes it can try to pull up the drawbridge to keep the barbarism in the middle east, but the problem will continue of our own citizens who have become radicalised.

Of course, you could (perhaps should) argue further that the seed-bed for UK based radicalism was partly created by the mis-placed attitudes of the multi-cultural lobby that refused to acknowledge that quasi acceptance of all the nastier habits of some of our muslim immigrants (FGM, forced marriage, 'honour' crime, etc) was in reality saying to some immigrant communities that they could do as they liked so long as they kept their unpleasantness within their own sphere.

The tag from Hosea about reaping the whirlwind comes to mind.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
You try these tactics, do you?

Yes, I have done but not so much since I left school, left the village and moved out of poverty into a more middle-class area. I don't go to those particular pubs anymore either for various reasons.

But I'm still very aware when I am in those surroundings of what is going on and who is looking at me and mine in a way I recognise as not friendly.

If I'm with my family we will leave; if I'm with my mates I might not.

quote:
Or do you just advocate them for the lower classes you've occasionally talked about?

No. See above. I've developed them within that class and took them with me when I thankfully moved out of that class into a better one.

quote:
How did they go? Ever get any injuries yourself?

I got injuries before I figured out the best thing to do what get in first. In junior school and early secondary the injuries hurt but didn't last and I managed to give some back anyway.

When I saw the older boys in secondary school and the genuine damage being inflicted I decided I needed to change and as I grew older I got my attacks in first and I made sure they were more damaging than what the bullies would have done to me.

I put one of them in hospital with fractured skull. He was off school for a few months. Am I proud of that? No. I was pleased by the lack of bullying for a good year or so. C'est la vie.

I've been in pub fights where my hit got in first but the other bloke managed to smack me back. I just went in even more aggressively and really hurt that fucker. He needed jaw surgery. Not prod but again nobody ever bothered me in that pub again.

quote:
Ever try it with a bully armed with a grenade launcher?

Nope. None of the people I fought ever had grenade launchers. If they had I would have scaled up the violence and dropped a nuke on them. Oh... hang on a sec?

Fuck you orfeo and the cowardly little horse you rode in on. Not all of us went to nice, peaceful posh little schools in nice, peaceful posh little areas like you and and because of that some of us recognise the warning signs and know the solutions.

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Fuck you orfeo and the cowardly little horse you rode in on. Not all of us went to nice, peaceful posh little schools in nice, peaceful posh little areas like you and and because of that some of us recognise the warning signs and know the solutions.

To become a bigger bully.

Just because you don't label yourself as a bully doesn't mean you aren't one. You put someone in hospital. How often did the 'bullies' actually put people in hospital? As often as you? You've in fact stated that you caused greater damage than the damage you were trying to avoid. You're just happy because it happened to someone you didn't like.

You want to see what cycles of escalating reprisals look like? Look at Israel and its enemies. Look at the relationship between the West and radical Islam. Look at the Hatfields and the McCoys.

And all you want to do is escalate it up another notch.

You still haven't acknowledged that your belief about 'Pax Romanus' is a fantasy that is the exact opposite of the true facts about Pax Romana. Do you get it? The entire POINT of Pax Romana was to not be the kind of "well, they're too terrified to attack me" approach that you advocate.

What you're advocating is in no sense peace. It is eternal vigilance. It is having to have the weapon at hand at all times, because people will hate you and if they ever notice that you're not holding that weapon, that will be the moment they take to pounce.

Your proposals all escalate hatred of the West to a ridiculous degree. They will provide large numbers of people who can tolerate living on the same globe as you with a reason to actively hate you. And you'll rely on all these barriers and defences to prevent them getting to you, somehow satisfied that they're somehow in the wrong for hating you for what you've done. You'll label their hatred as innate and irrational and motiveless, blissfully unaware that dropping nuclear bombs and locking up an entire generation without trial are actually quite sound reasons to hate you.

[ 24. August 2014, 12:47: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Bostonman
Shipmate
# 17108

- Posted      Profile for Bostonman   Email Bostonman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Nope. None of the people I fought ever had grenade launchers. If they had I would have scaled up the violence and dropped a nuke on them. Oh... hang on a sec?

You know a nuclear warhead doesn't just kill ONE person, don't you? So your analogy here is more or less that you'd preemptively shoot up the entire school to stop the bully? That you'd throw a hand grenade into the bar and walk away? Hint: when you advocate killing all your schoolmates to minimize bullying, you're maximizing bullying.
Posts: 424 | From: USA | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
And I'm not interested in minimum violence. You stop bullies by giving the worst bully such a good fucking kicking that you put him in hospital and he needs to have facial surgery and new teeth put in at some point. The other's will not dare to try anything.

Strong words on the internet there deano. The methods you advocate work well there too, where there's no possibility* of anyone taking a cyberbully, or an offensive loudmouth, outside and giving them a good shoeing.

*Actually that's not entirely true: there's a Welsh rugby site I use which also has pen-names, but everyone lives within c 30 miles of Bridgend and at least 80% are known to others. It's passionate, but civil. Even to the English.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

quote:
I put one of them in hospital with fractured skull. He was off school for a few months. Am I proud of that? No. I was pleased by the lack of bullying for a good year or so. C'est la vie.

Oh deano. You're such a softie. You should have killed him. That would have put an end to the bullying permanently. People would have been so happy.

--------------------

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I don't even mind if people are genuinely moderate muslims. But I don't see any.

You aren't looking very hard then.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
deano,

I've just read your long post to orfeo. It seems that your reaction to every threat to your personal safety has been to instil fear into others. As it has worked for you, you seem to think it will work for others, regardless of whether they are physically and mentally equipped or have might on their side.

Consider this: you're a young Muslim guy in Iraq. Your family has been killed in an American bombing raid or by the post-2003 Iraqi army, ie after the fall of Saddam Hussain. Who do you hold responsible? If you are looking after your own safety, what do you do? I expect that making peace with the post-2003 Iraqi army and others backed by the United States comes a long way down the list of options.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

So that's my outlook on life - get the first hit in before the other guy seizes the initiative and it ends up as me getting the shoeing.

Ah yes, the good Ol' *Pre-emptive strike* . Fat lot of friggin good that's done us since those sunny days of March 03 .

Given the situation we have now ? Containment is the only option . If I really and truly thought someone like General deano could eradicate extremism for all time they'd get my vote . Problem is it's already been tried.

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And God bless you deano, with the awareness of His Son Jesus' love.

Did you get my little irony earlier? Or was it too subtle?

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:
And I'm not interested in minimum violence. You stop bullies by giving the worst bully such a good fucking kicking that you put him in hospital and he needs to have facial surgery and new teeth put in at some point. The other's will not dare to try anything.

Strong words on the internet there deano. The methods you advocate work well there too, where there's no possibility* of anyone taking a cyberbully, or an offensive loudmouth, outside and giving them a good shoeing.

*Actually that's not entirely true: there's a Welsh rugby site I use which also has pen-names, but everyone lives within c 30 miles of Bridgend and at least 80% are known to others. It's passionate, but civil. Even to the English.

Deano reminds me of so many people I've met, who stand at the back, shouting, forwards. Empty words.

[ 24. August 2014, 13:57: Message edited by: quetzalcoatl ]

--------------------

Dave W.
Shipmate
# 8765

- Posted      Profile for Dave W.   Email Dave W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I put one of them in hospital with fractured skull. He was off school for a few months.

Look everybody! It's a tough guy ... on the Internet!

So in this story in which you attack someone and fracture his skull, do you also end up serving time in prison?

Posts: 2059 | From: the hub of the solar system | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm immensely proud of having stood up to bullies. And ashamed of having failed to do so. And everything in between. Including being mugged with a friend by six guys. That was miraculous in its outcome.

Standing up to one transformed our relationship. It was remarkable.

Pouring coals of plutonium fire pre-emptively on ones potential persecutors isn't quite what Jesus meant deano.

Do you know Him by the way?

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

Yes, little boys go on the internet, and say, I am very very hard, and if you annoy me, I will cut your head off. And then there's deano, who envies them so much.

--------------------

Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

- Posted      Profile for Gamaliel   Author's homepage   Email Gamaliel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Deano has mates.

That's the most astonishing thing I've read aboard Ship for a long time ...

--------------------
Let us with a gladsome mind
Praise the Lord for He is kind.

http://philthebard.blogspot.com

Posts: 15997 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

Oh dear. If eve people like you lot ever come to power I fear for us.

Thank fuck the overwhelming majority of you are far to left wing to ever have any chance of real power on either side of the pond.

I was asked a series of questions by orfeo. I answered them, not to prove my toughness which is zero, hence my getting the hits in first, but because he asked.

Some of you didn't like the answers. I don't give a fuck.

--------------------

Dave W.
Shipmate
# 8765

- Posted      Profile for Dave W.   Email Dave W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Does this mean we're not going to get any details about that time you attacked someone and put him in the hospital with a fractured skull?

I was hoping you could make it sound more impressive. As it is, it hardly compares to that time when I killed a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2059 | From: the hub of the solar system | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

That's what Jesus would do.

--------------------
Love wins

RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.:
So in this story in which you attack someone and fracture his skull, do you also end up serving time in prison?

Exactly what I was wondering. Also about the guy who required surgery on his jaw.

And ... why exactly should we take seriously the opinions of a criminal? Because that's what he is.

[ 24. August 2014, 17:57: Message edited by: RuthW ]

Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is so much arm chair theorising.....we haven't got a clue.

None of us.

And not knowing what to do...well it doesn't half produce some interesting ideas.

[ 24. August 2014, 17:58: Message edited by: Ethne Alba ]

quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

quote:
Does this mean we're not going to get any details about that time you attacked someone and put him in the hospital with a fractured skull?

I was hoping you could make it sound more impressive. As it is, it hardly compares to that time when I killed a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

Hey come on, I beat up a whole gang, just with a pencil. 3 of them ended up in hospital, one of them had an orgasm, and one of them asked me to marry him. I was well 'ard!

--------------------

Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

- Posted      Profile for Gamaliel   Author's homepage   Email Gamaliel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not left-wing at all, deano. It's just that you are so far to the right that anyone who isn't Genghiz Khan looks like some kind of woolly librul who isn't well 'ard.

--------------------

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is "well 'ard" some sort of sexual thing? It sounds like some sort of sexual thing... [Confused]

knowwhatimean knowwhatimean saynomore saynomore eh eh eh?

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lamb Chopped:
Deano, please stop being an asshole.

But you only think I am because of you socialist views. If you didn't have those you may - like MPC - completely agree with me.

Sorry, I reject the premise of your post.

The only view I have right now is a view of your backside. It doesn't take any politics at all to recognize an asshole. The look doesn't suit you at all.

Stop being one.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

'e's uh dog in 'stEnders en 'e.

--------------------
Love wins

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

And Chast, we're English. We do NOT compliment a chap on the turgor of his member. Even in impolite society. It just ISN'T done, even alluded to old chap.

--------------------
Love wins

orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Some of you didn't like the answers. I don't give a fuck.

Oh good. Then you won't give a fuck that we don't like your answers for Middle Eastern conflict either, and will stop banging the table and shouting about how we should agree with you.

PS Oh look. I've just noticed that the suspected killer of James Foley has been identified. That certainly takes away ONE of your reasons for ranting and raving, about how no-one had told you who it was within the first few minutes of the murder. You berk.

[ 24. August 2014, 22:43: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------

Dave W.
Shipmate
# 8765

quote:
quote:

Hey come on, I beat up a whole gang, just with a pencil. 3 of them ended up in hospital, one of them had an orgasm, and one of them asked me to marry him. I was well 'ard!
A pencil? Ha! I used a withering glance and a few well-chosen bon mots.*

* NB I'm not claiming they were in French; though if they were, I'm not sure how that would reflect on my 'ardness. Would it indicate that I am more 'ard, or rather that I am less 'ard? I cannot say.

SvitlanaV2
Shipmate
# 16967

- Posted      Profile for SvitlanaV2   Email SvitlanaV2   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I don't even mind if people are genuinely moderate muslims. But I don't see any. The religion itself precludes moderation. It abhors western values and culture and seems to be predicated on destroying it.

To be fair to you, you probably don't know very many ordinary Muslims; or perhaps your personal or professional life involves undue contact with Islamist extremists.

You say that Muslims uniformly hate 'Western values', but I thinhk it would make more sense to say that in a globalised, interconnected world, we all influence each other. Muslims probably appreciate and seek to absorb some aspects of 'Western values', but that doesn't necessarily mean that every Muslim will adore all things Western. The British Empire's gone now!

Relatively speaking, though, Muslims around the world probably have to negotiate Westernisation far more than the average middle class Englishman in a middle class community has to negotiate Islamicisation. They have to cope with Americanisation, the dominance of the English language, rising demand for consumer goods, increasing levels of education - particularly for girls - and improvements in medical care. One outcome of all of this is the gradual reduction in fertility. Yes, even in the Muslim world! Just the other day I learnt that the average number of children per woman in Bangladesh was now less than three. Family planning is a 'Western value', isn't it?

[ 24. August 2014, 23:23: Message edited by: SvitlanaV2 ]

Posts: 6668 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SvitlanaV2:
quote:
I don't even mind if people are genuinely moderate muslims. But I don't see any.

To be fair to you ...
To be fair to deano, he probably wouldn't recognise a moderate muslim if one smacked his head on the pavement till his skull fractured, shouting all the while, 'I am a moderate muslim, you fucking ignorant bully!'

And, again, to be fair (of course) we wouldn't recognise a moderate muslim who did that either, because by his actions he would be self-proclaiming as extreme, whatever words he came out with. But then, if that is the only language deano understands, what is the moderate muslim to do? You see the problem?

Pity deano can't.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

My oldest friend was a Sufi, now alas, gone to meet the Beloved. He was not violent! As far as I could see, neither were his Sufi mates.

--------------------

deano
princess
# 12063

quote:

Oh you want detail. Okay....

Two of the schools biggest bullies sat down one either side one wet lunchtime. We had bays and I was sat in an end one which backed up to a brick wall. My back was to the wall. i was reading a physics text book.

As I say they sat down next to me. They started to take the piss and try to grab the book. I knew what was going to happen because I'd seen it before and suffered it before.

I stuffed the text book back in my bag, which had other books in as well. It was a sports style bag. I grabbed the handles and swung it up as hard and fast as I could into the guy on my lefts face. His head was slammed back into the wall and he fell face forwards. He was out for twenty seconds or so. The other guy legged it. I walked away.

The next thing I knew was a note coming round saying xxxx had been taken to hospital with a possible fractured skull.

I was thirteen or fourteen. A criminal eh? How very left wing and totally of the comfortably raised!

If you don't like the answers don't ask the questions.

By the way, my quote above was paraphrased from Jed Bartlett's speech in The West Wing. Is it accurate? No and a few of you have shown that to be the case.

That is an irrelevance though. i agree with the principle. If a westerner is killed in a village in Pakistan for jihadist reasons, we should eradicate the village. Everyone dies the buildings are levelled and it is gone.

If terrorist blow up a tube train, find out if they were Sunni or Shia and then nuke a middle eastern city and again erase it from existence.

That will raise the question in the jihadists minds as to whether they dare to carry out operations against the west.

Pax Westerna. If a muslim kills one westerner, we will retaliate by killing a disproportionate number of muslims.

We need to inform the muslim world that islam cannot be spread by the sword. It is a tradition, in some minds and obligation and may be advocated in the Koran for all I know.

But it must be shown to be not possible anymore. A bullet gets a missile, a grenade launcher gets a full on air strike and suicide bomb gets a nuke. The jihadis need to be shown that spreading islam by the sword is no longer a viable principle.

In fact, as an ultimate demonstration of that fact, I would advocate dropping a nuclear weapon on Mecca. That way muslims wont need a compass to locate the right direction to pray in, they will need a Geiger Counter!

--------------------

quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

And if a Muslim is killed anywhere in the world by the kafir, we should make sure that a 1000 kafir are killed in reply! God is good. (Al Quaeda training manual).

Spot the difference.

--------------------

Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

ChastMaster - 'hard' can mean tough in idiomatic English over here. So 'well 'ard' means 'very tough'. It's a kind of 'Mockney thing' ... Mock Cockney.

Meanwhile, we need to be all lefty, loving and affirmative with poor old deano. He was bullied at school and this explains why he acts like one online.

It's pitiable really, like his rather myopic view of the world.

--------------------

quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

I'm surprised that such religious hatred is OK on this forum. Is it really alright to advocate dropping a nuclear bomb on Mecca?

--------------------

Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

Deano is just blustering - and also displaying his lamentable lack of geographical understanding. Some of the communities he wants to nuke contain people of many faiths and not just particular branches of Islam.

But that doesn't matter to him. They are all foreigners so it doesn't count.

All I can say is that he must have received a pretty high level of bullying to turn him into the monster he is today.

There was a fair bit of bullying at the bog-standard comprehensive I attended in a South Wales Valley. I'm a twin so attracted a fair deal of attention - 'If I hit yewer brother will yew feel it as well?'

It wasn't pleasant, but it didn't turn me into a venomous, twisted cross between Jeremy Clarkson and Attila the Hun.

Deano is proud of his own ignorance. That's the scary thing.

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
deano

One of the things about Judaism and Christianity is that we subscribe to a view that killing people is wrong.

That applies to everyone, even the people we don't like, people of whom we disapprove, even people who are either trying to kill us or who say they will strive to kill us. Dammit, it even applies to people killed in the course of war or those killed by the state in those barbarous nations which still carry out capital punishment, such as the USA, Saudi Arabia, China, etc.

And 'nuking' is going to kill a lot of people so is most definitely very wrong indeed.

There's also the problem that you'll render the area uninhabitable for goodness knows how long, plus wipe out thousands of innocent men, women and children.

We cannot fight or oppose these people by sinking to their level, however tempting. But we should look at our past behaviours and see what we might have done differently so as to prevent more of the same in the future.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

quote:
Originally posted by Gamaliel:
Deano is just blustering - and also displaying his lamentable lack of geographical understanding. Some of the communities he wants to nuke contain people of many faiths and not just particular branches of Islam.

But that doesn't matter to him. They are all foreigners so it doesn't count.

All I can say is that he must have received a pretty high level of bullying to turn him into the monster he is today.

There was a fair bit of bullying at the bog-standard comprehensive I attended in a South Wales Valley. I'm a twin so attracted a fair deal of attention - 'If I hit yewer brother will yew feel it as well?'

It wasn't pleasant, but it didn't turn me into a venomous, twisted cross between Jeremy Clarkson and Attila the Hun.

Deano is proud of his own ignorance. That's the scary thing.

I get you about bluster, and that he is a joke really. But then Al Quaeda were laughed at in the early days, when their bombastic preachers produced their puffed up revenge fantasies.

Well, there isn't much difference, is there? Would you be happy with an AQ preacher being on the forum? What about impressionable people who might read it, and act on it?

--------------------

rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

Deano, your strategy sounds like a good way of turning the 90% or so of moderate peaceful muslims into fire-breathing Western haters .

I sometimes think that at some time, in the far off future, if/when Islam becomes the dominant Global religion people will say it forced Christianity out by the sword .
The truth, as many of us know it now , is that much of Western Christianity is dying on it's arse through natural causes without the help of anyone's sword.

--------------------

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

quote:
Originally posted by Gamaliel:

Unfair to Clarkson, who may be a bit of a twat at times, but has never (as far as I know) advocated war crimes. It might even be unfair to Attila. Let's face it, deano has just lost it.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's why we argue with deano, to point out that we don't agree with his views.

He's so caught up in his obnoxious world view and enjoying the affirmation he receives from the distressingly high number of others with the same opinion that I doubt we'll change his mind, so arguing with him is pointless. The best to hope for is that he says something in real life to the wrong person and learns why it's so offensive up close and personally.

Cross-posted with the world so edited to make it clear I meant deano

[ 25. August 2014, 10:44: Message edited by: Curiosity killed ... ]

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

quote:
Originally posted by rolyn:
Deano, your strategy sounds like a good way of turning the 90% or so of moderate peaceful muslims into fire-breathing Western haters .

Fine. Bring it on. Let's get it over and done with and start the war that they want. We will win at a stroll and they will be eradicated from existence which makes your following point moot.

quote:
Originally posted by rolyn:
I sometimes think that at some time, in the far off future, if/when Islam becomes the dominant Global religion people will say it forced Christianity out by the sword .
The truth, as many of us know it now , is that much of Western Christianity is dying on it's arse through natural causes without the help of anyone's sword.

I would rather eradicate all muslims than have Islam forced upon me regardless of the state of Christianity.

Is that clear enough for you?

--------------------

rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

quote:
Is it really alright to advocate dropping a nuclear bomb on Mecca?

Didn't a former US President mentioned it ? The same who said to the Iraqi insurgents 'Bring it on'.
They've certainly done that.

--------------------

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

quote:
]I would rather eradicate all muslims than have Islam forced upon me regardless of the state of Christianity.

And how are you going to do that? Nuke the entire globe and start again from scratch? You sound more and more like a Bond villain with every word you post.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  16  17  18 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016