homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Purgatory: U.S. Presidential Election 2016 (Page 117)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  114  115  116  117  118  119  120  ...  138  139  140 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Purgatory: U.S. Presidential Election 2016
Gramps49
Shipmate
# 16378

- Posted      Profile for Gramps49   Email Gramps49   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
1) How did Trump get nominated in the first place?

To hear from his biographers, Trump had been planning this for over 30 years. But in my mind, the stars for his nomination really lined up with the Republican led congress swore to thwart every proposal by Obama. It caused a lot of anger out there which Trump tapped into.

Then there is the current Republican primary system. When you have over a dozen candidates vying for the nomination, the vote gets quite diluted. He actually never got the majority of the vote all of the primaries put together. He eventually had a plurality, though.

2) I found this Time Magazine article about the Trump meltdown interesting, especially how the evangelicals tried to come up with a rationalization to continue to support him. I think it shows how bankrupt that movement really is.

3) This just in: the Trump campaign is pulling out of Virginia.

Posts: 2193 | From: Pullman WA | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
4)The rest of the Republican contenders couldn't put a single personality together between them, much less an engaging one.

As horrible as it is turning out to be, Trump has a strong personality. And personality wins over substance every single day of the year.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Crœsos
Shipmate
# 238

- Posted      Profile for Crœsos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
4)The rest of the Republican contenders couldn't put a single personality together between them, much less an engaging one.

As horrible as it is turning out to be, Trump has a strong personality. And personality wins over substance every single day of the year.

I think this involves a dubious premise and an ignored reality. The dubious premise is that any of the non-Trump Republican primary candidates had any "substance". Do you remember any of the substantive policy proposals of any of the rest of the 2016 Republican field? They were just the same usual mix of tax cuts for the very wealthy and vicious cuts to social programs.

The ignored reality is that substance seems to be beating personality in the general election.

--------------------
Humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 10706 | From: Sardis, Lydia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Crœsos:
I think this involves a dubious premise and an ignored reality. The dubious premise is that any of the non-Trump Republican primary candidates had any "substance".

Not in the slightest did I mean to imply any of those others were of much real substance.
It was really two points; one that lack of personality doomed the others and that personality is a massive factor in people's voting.

quote:

The ignored reality is that substance seems to be beating personality in the general election.

That sort of implies that Clinton doesn't have a personality. Trump has a personality, but it is one that many people do not like. People are choosing ideology, but substance? Not so sure. If substance were a real issue, Trump would not have made nominee and the polls since would have had a much greater gap.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A bunch of quite-free links!

You will not be surprised to hear that John Scalzi is endorsing Clinton, but as always his reasoning is clear and impeccable. Worth reading.

Evangelical leaders accused of hypocrisy. I hope this will cure the Church of getting into partisan politics; certainly the burn is going to be severe.

A dissection of the excuses people are offering for the TFO's wandering hands.

His puzzlement -- why don't women love him? Apparently he thinks women just adore having their crotches grabbed.

And a long eloquent expression of the rage that women feel about it. It is unusual for any political campaign to actually foment real change. But every now and then they do; this could be the one in our generation.

[ 13. October 2016, 18:07: Message edited by: Brenda Clough ]

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
quote:
Originally posted by Lamb Chopped:
I would put good money on there never being a concession speech. Really, can you imagine him saying any such thing?

He has implied that he won't.
He's BSing again. The man couldn't keep quiet to save his life.

I expect a massive tweet storm, a bunch of nasty interviews, and several lawsuits.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We could have a betting pool -- who will he blame the most? I am thinking his unlucky manager, Kellyann Conway.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Clough:
We could have a betting pool -- who will he blame the most? I am thinking his unlucky manager, Kellyann Conway.

It's Obama's fault. Everything is.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

OK, one more round of links. There are so many!

The TFO as a mental disturbance in the body politic. The money quote: "Everyone who crosses into Trump's orbit, into his gravitational pull, gets damaged. No one gets out unhurt."

A long how we got into this fix piece, arguing that assaulting women was the last straw.

From the POST, how the deep misogyny was inevitable and how it's not going to go away. "And to finally become president, this candidate who has traversed the last half-century of social, economic, and cultural progress — or lack thereof — for women, has to overcome Trump, looming like the “boss” in a video game, the powerful last enemy you have to fight to finish the game."

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

To paraphrase John Oliver, there is no rock bottom. We passed the last turtle months ago and still still the descent continues.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Crœsos
Shipmate
# 238

- Posted      Profile for Crœsos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
From Twitter:

quote:
Trump tells Billy Bush that he sexually assaults women; New York Times finds two such episodes. Trump passes a fact-check.
Truly a "glass half-full" sort of analysis.

--------------------
Humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 10706 | From: Sardis, Lydia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

- Posted      Profile for cliffdweller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

I predict a bounced paycheck in her future. This may be the first time it was deserved tho

--------------------
"Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid." -Frederick Buechner

Posts: 11242 | From: a small canyon overlooking the city | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
quote:

It's Obama's fault. Everything is.
Yeaaahhhh. Thanks Obama!

As Brian McLaren said, maybe we just have to go through another four years on top of four hundred thousand of patriarchy, of the demon daddy.

How many more Lord?

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

Conservatives argue that to cauterize the blight that is Trump GOPers should vote for Hillary. It is repetitious to say this, but this has never happened before.

And Michelle Obama weighs in with devastating effect. The money quote: “If this is painful to us as grown women, what do you think this is doing to our children?” she asked. “What lessons are they learning about their values as professionals? As human beings?About their dreams and aspirations?”

--------------------

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Only if this third rate monster joke doesn't win.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Surely it won't entirely be Obama's fault? What about all those awful brown people, Muslims, ungrateful women, and the like?

I'll get me coat....

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
Surely it won't entirely be Obama's fault? What about all those awful brown people, Muslims, ungrateful women, and the like?

I'll get me coat....

Ian J.

Maybe not the ungrateful women, but wasn't it Obama who let all those awful brown people and Muslims into our country? After all, he's one of them.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
From Twitter:

quote:
Trump tells Billy Bush that he sexually assaults women; New York Times finds two such episodes. Trump passes a fact-check.
Truly a "glass half-full" sort of analysis.
That is frickin' fabulous.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

Go here, and read the NYT's reply to Trump's lawyers. The money quote: “The essence of a libel claim, of course, is the protection of one’s reputation. Nothing in our article has had the slightest effect on the reputation that Mr Trump through his own words and actions has already created for himself.”

--------------------

Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I reckon Michelle Obama has just doomed Trump to a landslide loss. Very impressive. Very moving. And very motivating. Trump's share of the female vote can be expected, with confidence, to go to record low levels. A richly deserved nemesis for a thoroughly nasty human being.

I note with no surprise that Fox News did not screen the speech live. Megyn Kelly's reaction should be interesting.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
romanlion
editorial comment
# 10325

- Posted      Profile for romanlion     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Barnabas62:
I reckon Michelle Obama has just doomed Trump to a landslide loss.

I reckon you overestimate her influence.

No one gives a shit what she says, that's why channels interested in selling commercials don't screen her blather.

Even if she wins, Illary and her rapist husband will be DOA day one.

--------------------
"You can't get rich in politics unless you're a crook" - Harry S. Truman

Posts: 1486 | From: White Rose City | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

- Posted      Profile for Og, King of Bashan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by romanlion:
No one gives a shit what she says, that's why channels interested in selling commercials don't screen her blather.

What more do you need to say when a woman gives a speech about women feeling voiceless and a dude turns around and says "no one gives a shit what she had to say."

--------------------
"I like to eat crawfish and drink beer. That's despair?" ― Walker Percy

Posts: 3259 | From: Denver, Colorado, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Some people have nothing to post but spite. How sad that is.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I just checked YouTube. Apparently, ABC, CBS,and NBC, CNN, and C-SPAN were among the news outlets that were so indifferent to Ms. Obama's statements that they posted every damn word she said.

Also, The O'Reilly Factor. [Eek!]

[ 14. October 2016, 03:23: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
romanlion
editorial comment
# 10325

- Posted      Profile for romanlion     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
Some people have nothing to post but spite. How sad that is.

Some people have nothing to do but post.

More sad...

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

[Killing me]

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
romanlion--

quote:

Ummm, just what are you trying to say here? That they'll be assassinated? And/or you're hoping for that???

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
romanlion
editorial comment
# 10325

quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
romanlion--

quote:

Ummm, just what are you trying to say here? That they'll be assassinated? And/or you're hoping for that???
Yes, obviously.

Bill and Illary will be assassinated on inauguration day.

Just. Fucking. Wow.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
romanlion--

And you're hoping for it?

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
romanlion, I appreciate that things look great right now for Hillary Clinton, and that you see that as a bad thing for America. I think I would be feeling very bad if things were reversed. Chin up, me old china plate.

--------------------
Human

Posts: 1571 | From: Romsey, Vic, AU | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

No one gives a shit what she says,

No one? I saw a shitload of someones in media coverage.
quote:
that's why channels interested in selling commercials don't screen her blather.

I'm not sure that the money-grabbers are the best evaluaters of all that is good and beneficial to planet earth. YMMV.

quote:

I find the small pink pills quite helpful.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Og, King of Bashan:
quote:

What more do you need to say when a woman gives a speech about women feeling voiceless and a dude turns around and says "no one gives a shit what she had to say."
This. This, this, a thousand times, this.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
hosting/

quote:

Romanlion, expressing your opinions is what Purgatory is all about, and you are welcome to do so.

However, indulging your fantasies and/or appearing to incite or condone violence in the above manner are beyond the pale, and I'm flagging your above post to the admins.

/hosting

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

And another Trump story:

When deaf actress Marlee Matlin was on "The Apprentice", Trump regularly treated her as mentally challenged--to her face and behind her back. (The Daily Beast) He also sexually harassed her and the other women on the show.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

simontoad--

{tangent}

quote:
Originally posted by simontoad:
I think I would be feeling very bad if things were reversed. Chin up, me old china plate.

Out of curiosity, do Aussie china plates come with chins?
[Biased]

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Those referred to by the rhyming slang have chins.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

The 7 Oddest Things Donald Trump Thinks: Why the man who wants to be leader of the most powerful nation on earth prefers fast food, no sleep and old-school flame retardants. (Politico)

And there are stranger things.

--------------------

alienfromzog

Ship's Alien
# 5327

- Posted      Profile for alienfromzog   Email alienfromzog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What I find so mind-boggling is this:

How one interprets allogations against famous people is complicated. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty in the eyes of the law. In general the evidence is that false allegations are rare. Whether this is true in the context of famous people, I'm not so sure. However it is very clear that rich and famous people have used their power to silence critics.

Trump though is a special case: whilst all this week, he and his supporters keep making blanket denials, we have a recording of Trump himself boasting that he's assaulted women.

How is there any real doubt?

AFZ

--------------------
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
[Sen. D.P.Moynihan]

An Alien's View of Earth - my blog (or vanity exercise...)

Posts: 2150 | From: Zog, obviously! Straight past Alpha Centauri, 2nd planet on the left... | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

We'll see. Want a bet on what the post election demographics will show about Trump's share of the women's vote? Hint: Romney got 44% in 2012, Obama 55% Further hint; in advance of Michelle Obama's speech, Hillary had a forecast average lead of 15 points with women voters. i.e. 4% better than Obama. Trump is forecast to be 5 points ahead with the men voters.

The gender differential voting pattern is going to kill Trump's presidential prospects. I'm relatively cautious. I think Hillary's advantage in the women's vote will widen. I think Michelle Obama's speech will be one of the factors in that probable gap-widening.

I think a lot of women will 'give a shit' about what she said and I hope a lot of men will as well. She spoke up very well about demeaning speech, attitudes and behaviour towards women. That's not a political point. It is a moral point.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

afz--

Maybe because he has few, if any filters 'twixt mind and mouth; he says whatever pops into his head at the time; his dad taught Donald and siblings that they only mattered if they WON, and Donald seems to have made that the one and only focus of his life; and, since he's a con man who really knows how to play his "marks", he casts himself as a martyr. And they buy it.

I'm coming to the conclusion that he really has very little control over *any* of his own actions, and really doesn't understand why his behavior matters. Not minimizing anything he's done. But he really might not be able to do any better than he's doing. Broken, sick, whatever.

The PBS show "Frontline" recently had an excellent episode called "The Choice 2016". (Can be watched there.)

Video duration: 1:54:48 Aired: 09/27/16
Rating: NR
Video has closed captioning.

"Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are two of the most polarizing presidential candidates in modern history. Veteran FRONTLINE filmmaker Michael Kirk goes beyond the headlines to investigate what has shaped these two candidates, where they came from, how they lead and why they want one of the most difficult jobs imaginable."

It's a really good show about both candidates. People who've known Trump since childhood said he never really changed--and he's said the same thing about himself. When he was little, he was the kind of kid who would run around and knock down other kids' block constructions. IMHO, he hadn't yet learned "use your words, not your fists". So I speculate he's like an obnoxious five year old, taught that winning is the only thing that makes him at all worthwhile; he has no sense of boundaries or how to treat people; he possibly has the boundless libido that some teen boys seem to have; and he may be running out of things at which to win, so this campaign is especially important to him.

So I think we can reasonably expect even worse behavior from him, win or lose.
[Paranoid] [Help] [Votive]

[ 14. October 2016, 09:33: Message edited by: Golden Key ]

--------------------

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
simontoad--

{tangent}

quote:
Originally posted by simontoad:
I think I would be feeling very bad if things were reversed. Chin up, me old china plate.

Out of curiosity, do Aussie china plates come with chins?
[Biased]

[Big Grin]

chin = chin, china plate = mate, mate = friend, me old mate = a mate for whom you feel particular affection, especially when drinking together.

He has to face up to what he wrote, but I'm not a mod etc and so I thought Romanlion could use a blokey e-slap across the arse with a wound up end of a wet towel. Of course we are in an e-locker room, so there's nothing suss [Razz]

[ 14. October 2016, 10:09: Message edited by: simontoad ]

--------------------
Human

Posts: 1571 | From: Romsey, Vic, AU | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

quote:
quote:
romanlion--

quote:

Yes, obviously.

Bill and Illary will be assassinated on inauguration day.

Just. Fucking. Wow.

[Roll Eyes]

You can get that looked at you know. I'd recommend chemical castration at least as well. Camomile tea. Basket weaving. Arf. ARF!ARF!ARF!ARF! [Ribbit. RibbitRibbitRibbitRibbitRibbitRibbitRibbit]

[ 14. October 2016, 10:14: Message edited by: Martin60 ]

--------------------
Love wins

Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Og, King of Bashan:
quote:

If this election begins to change how this dynamic is seen, that would be a good thing. Might just have reached a tipping point awareness wise in some groups that heretofore had ignored such things as not important.

I fully expect the racist (I refuse to call them alt) right to go full backlash and add women's rights to the evils list they whine about.

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
The 7 Oddest Things Donald Trump Thinks: Why the man who wants to be leader of the most powerful nation on earth prefers fast food, no sleep and old-school flame retardants. (Politico)

And there are stranger things.

I read out some of these to a friend on the phone. 'How' he asked, 'does he fit his avoidance of germs with sticking his tongue in women's mouths?'
Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

- Posted      Profile for Og, King of Bashan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Og: Thread Killer:
I fully expect the racist (I refuse to call them alt) right to go full backlash and add women's rights to the evils list they whine about.

"Repeal the 19th" was a trending hashtag yesterday. The 19th amendment being women's suffrage.

--------------------
"I like to eat crawfish and drink beer. That's despair?" ― Walker Percy

Posts: 3259 | From: Denver, Colorado, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
<snip> he possibly has the boundless libido that some teen boys seem to have<snip>

...Or, perhaps none. Some of the Good Old Boys™ around here who talk and grab like the Donald has claimed to do, were, according to their wives, non-functioning. Much to their great relief.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

What is sad about the TFO is that he is over 70. He is not going to ever change, spiritually, now. He will be an asshole until they shovel him under. True repentance may be possible, but certainly is not within earthly power. Only a true miracle can save him. (Jesus, you know why they call it a Hail-Mary pass, right? Here, Lord, take the football; it's all on you.)

But for the rest of us, there is hope! Trump is over 70; surely he cannot have more than another decade of fumbling crotches and ogling teens left in him. He will, thank you, God, thank you! never run for political office again, a benison that almost brings tears to my eyes. And the firestorm of his remaining days (the IRS; the tanking hotels; the women suing; becoming the Biggest Loser of all time) may not do him any good, but surely it will be salutary for Eric Trump, the heir to his creepiness. There is hope, for Eric!

Meanwhile, here was the candidate yesterday, blaming all his problems on Jews and an international conspiracy. There's no bigotry like an old classic bigotry, eh?

--------------------

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

What's gerontology got to do with soteriology?

--------------------
Love wins

Nick Tamen

Ship's Wayfaring Fool
# 15164

- Posted      Profile for Nick Tamen     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
What is sad about the TFO is that he is over 70.

"TFO"? Is that The Forbidden One? (Or as he has become known around our house, He Who Would Be Groper in Chief?)

--------------------
The first thing God says to Moses is, "Take off your shoes." We are on holy ground. Hard to believe, but the truest thing I know. — Anne Lamott

Posts: 2833 | From: On heaven-crammed earth | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

The Tiny Fingered One.

More nervous-making details about the evolution of the anti-Semitic trend in his campaign. You know, this movie looks familiar. I didn't like it the first time.

This is more cheering, and I know Romanlion will like it: comic columnist Alexandra Petri creates a time line of Hillary Clinton's awfulnesses.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  114  115  116  117  118  119  120  ...  138  139  140 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016