homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Purgatory: U.S. Presidential Election 2016 (Page 34)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  138  139  140 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Purgatory: U.S. Presidential Election 2016
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Mere Nick: Go tell the family members she lied to that it's a crock.
They know this already.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by LeRoc:
quote:
They know this already.
How many of them denounce old GW? Without him, their would likely not have been a Benghazi.
Not that this excuses Clinton, if your accusation is accurate, but it does point to the hypocrisy people use when assigning blame.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Dave W.
Shipmate
# 8765

- Posted      Profile for Dave W.   Email Dave W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mere Nick:
quote:
Originally posted by simontoad:
The lying to family members stuff - isn't that Benghazi? I'm with John Stewart on Benghazi - it's a crock, and the Republicans failed to lay a glove on Hilary repeatedly.

Go tell the family members she lied to that it's a crock.
Do you have any more reason to think the "lying to family members stuff" isn't bullshit than you did the last time this came up on this same thread in October?
Posts: 2059 | From: the hub of the solar system | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

- Posted      Profile for cliffdweller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mere Nick:
quote:
The lying to family members stuff - isn't that Benghazi? I'm with John Stewart on Benghazi - it's a crock, and the Republicans failed to lay a glove on Hilary repeatedly.

Go tell the family members she lied to that it's a crock.
Uh-huh, that's why Hilary's approval ratings rose throughout the Benghazi hearings. They were the best gift the GOP ever gave a candidate-- demonstrating clearly for all who bothered to watch it how empty and vindictive the whole thing was. Keep it up.

--------------------
"Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid." -Frederick Buechner

Posts: 11242 | From: a small canyon overlooking the city | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I just don't think Hilary is any worse on the honesty front than any other business-oriented politician in the entire anglosphere. Her credibility just isn't a negative point, in my opinion. The problem with Hilary is the same as every other business-oriented politician in the anglosphere - her politics.

But this is the USA, so beggars can't be choosers.

On this issue of lying to families - way to play the emotive card when the facts don't suit your agenda.

--------------------
Human

Posts: 1571 | From: Romsey, Vic, AU | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
Mere Nick
Shipmate
# 11827

- Posted      Profile for Mere Nick     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
quote:
quote:
They know this already.
How many of them denounce old GW? Without him, their would likely not have been a Benghazi.
Not that this excuses Clinton, if your accusation is accurate, but it does point to the hypocrisy people use when assigning blame.

Hillary lied to those family members and it is not hypocrisy to say so.

--------------------
"Well that's it, boys. I've been redeemed. The preacher's done warshed away all my sins and transgressions. It's the straight and narrow from here on out, and heaven everlasting's my reward."
Delmar O'Donnell

Posts: 2797 | From: West Carolina | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mere Nick
Shipmate
# 11827

- Posted      Profile for Mere Nick     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

On this issue of lying to families - way to play the emotive card when the facts don't suit your agenda.

On the issue of lying to families of dead people, it takes an asshole to do it. The only issue regarding agendas is what was Hillary's when she did it?

--------------------
"Well that's it, boys. I've been redeemed. The preacher's done warshed away all my sins and transgressions. It's the straight and narrow from here on out, and heaven everlasting's my reward."
Delmar O'Donnell

Posts: 2797 | From: West Carolina | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Mere Nick: On the issue of lying to families of dead people, it takes an asshole to do it. The only issue regarding agendas is what was Hillary's when she did it?
No, the only issue is motherfuckers fabricating something that didn't happen — something that has been proven over and over again that didn't happen — and using the grief of these families for their political gain. It's despicable.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

romanlion
editorial comment
# 10325

- Posted      Profile for romanlion     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
Mere Nick: On the issue of lying to families of dead people, it takes an asshole to do it. The only issue regarding agendas is what was Hillary's when she did it?
No, the only issue is motherfuckers fabricating something that didn't happen — something that has been proven over and over again that didn't happen — and using the grief of these families for their political gain. It's despicable.
So three separate families of the dead are all fabricating motherfuckers?

Wow...

--------------------
"You can't get rich in politics unless you're a crook" - Harry S. Truman

Posts: 1486 | From: White Rose City | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

quote:
romanlion: So three separate families of the dead are all fabricating motherfuckers?
No, it wasn't directed at them. The families have nothing to do with these fabrications.

This is about the motherfuckers who fabricated a story about Benghazi, stepping over the grief of these families, just to hurt Mrs. Clinton politically.

--------------------

Dave W.
Shipmate
# 8765

- Posted      Profile for Dave W.   Email Dave W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by romanlion:
quote:
quote:
So three separate families of the dead are all fabricating motherfuckers?

Wow...

Can you provide links to quotes from three families supporting this story?
Posts: 2059 | From: the hub of the solar system | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

I don't have much love for Mrs. Clinton. I'm not from the US so I don't vote there but if I were, she wouldn't be my first candidate of choice.

But what sickens me is the fact-free politics. Making up a story about her that has been proven untrue, but to continue repeating it because it might hurt her politically. It is sickening because it hurts the truth. It is sickening because it abuses the grief of the families. And it says a whole lot about the political views of your side if they have to resort to made-up stories to hurt their opponent.

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2015/10/30/is-hillary-clinton-a-liar-on-benghazi/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2015/01/04/what-benghazi-family-members-say-hillary-clinton-said-about-th e-video/?tid=a_inl

Note also The Washington Post updated its factcheck in the light of a critique by Briebart.

I am somehwat confused as to what difference it makes how quickly it was confirmed that it was an anti-american mob, or an anti-american terrorist group that was responsible.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dave W.
Shipmate
# 8765

quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink.:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2015/10/30/is-hillary-clinton-a-liar-on-benghazi/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2015/01/04/what-benghazi-family-members-say-hillary-clinton-said-about-th e-video/?tid=a_inl

Note also The Washington Post updated its factcheck in the light of a critique by Briebart.

Thanks for the links, Doublethink.
quote:
I am somehwat confused as to what difference it makes how quickly it was confirmed that it was an anti-american mob, or an anti-american terrorist group that was responsible.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think the idea is that the former seems more random and unpredictable (particularly when sparked by the action of an obscure filmmaker), whereas the latter is an ever-present threat; the claim that Clinton persisted in falsely blaming the video makes it look like she was ducking responsibility.
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes. I'd seen those Washington Post articles. But detailed analysis won't stop the claims. "She's a Clinton, therefore she can't be trusted".

But I think a classic liberal view of the evidence and the statements would conclude "not proven".

You're a believer in classic liberalism, Mere Nick. Why are so sure she's guilty of lying?

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

- Posted      Profile for Og, King of Bashan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We're having so much fun rehashing this one more time that it has gone unnoticed that, holy cow, actual votes will be cast tomorrow!

Any predictions for Iowa on the eve of the caucus? And remember, this isn't a first past the post event, so let us know who you have in second and third, and if it is a squeaker or a landslide.

Posts: 3259 | From: Denver, Colorado, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

The Democratic one is easy. Sanders has chances of winning New Hampshire, not Iowa.

The Republican is a toss-up between Trump and Cruz, with Rubio coming third.

[ 31. January 2016, 14:36: Message edited by: LeRoc ]

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have been asking people who complain that Hillary is untrustworthy, "But do you trust Trump more?" And there is of course no way anyone of sense could.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

I'm all for looking at Mrs. Clinton's proposed policies with a critical eye. I disagree with a number of them. But shouting "she's dishonest!" without basis, hoping that continuing to say this will damage her, is dishonest.

--------------------

Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

- Posted      Profile for Og, King of Bashan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
The Democratic one is easy. Sanders has chances of winning New Hampshire, not Iowa.

The Republican is a toss-up between Trump and Cruz, with Rubio coming third.

But how close will it be? If Clinton beats Sanders by 10, the media narative is "game over." If he is only down by one or two, then wins New Hampshire, the story is that the presumptive winner is struggling.

--------------------
"I like to eat crawfish and drink beer. That's despair?" ― Walker Percy

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

quote:
Og, King of Bashan: But how close will it be? If Clinton beats Sanders by 10, the media narative is "game over." If he is only down by one or two, then wins New Hampshire, the story is that the presumptive winner is struggling.
I concur that the winning margin is significant here, but I think the true test will be in the Southern states.

[ 31. January 2016, 15:42: Message edited by: LeRoc ]

--------------------

Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

Likewise on the GOP side, it seems pretty likely that Rubio will be third. But the difference between third with a healthy turn out vs. third by a mile and Ben Carson nipping at his heels is huge.

--------------------

romanlion
editorial comment
# 10325

- Posted      Profile for romanlion     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Making up a story about her that has been proven untrue, but to continue repeating it because it might hurt her politically.

What is the untrue made up story about her?

--------------------
"You can't get rich in politics unless you're a crook" - Harry S. Truman

Posts: 1486 | From: White Rose City | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink.:

This.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Cruz was confronted about Obamacare, up close.

"Uncomfortable Question for Ted Cruz on Obamacare Silences the Room" (NYT First Draft).

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Og, King of Bashan:
We're having so much fun rehashing this one more time that it has gone unnoticed that, holy cow, actual votes will be cast tomorrow!

Any predictions for Iowa on the eve of the caucus? And remember, this isn't a first past the post event, so let us know who you have in second and third, and if it is a squeaker or a landslide.

Well, I'm waiting here, very excited, for the results. No predictions. It's all too much of a dizzying whirligig.

In the meantime, I saw people posting rubbish about Clinton, instead of complaining about the actual things that are wrong with her as a candidate, so I decided to have a go to pass the time.

--------------------
Human

cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

- Posted      Profile for cliffdweller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Current polls are saying they are now a dead heat in Iowa. Which, while understanding that a primary is quite different than a general election, is significant, given that the main charge against Sanders has been that he is unelectable.

--------------------
"Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid." -Frederick Buechner

Posts: 11242 | From: a small canyon overlooking the city | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by cliffdweller:
Which, while understanding that a primary is quite different than a general election, is significant, given that the main charge against Sanders has been that he is unelectable.

Isn't it that "understanding" which is important? People who vote in primaries tend to have more extreme politics than people who vote in general elections. The main charge against Bernie Sanders, I thought, has been that he would be unpopular with the 20% of voters in the middle of the political spectrum. I don't think those people are strongly represented in primaries, are they?

IMO, with a half-way rational republican candidate, there's not a chance that Bernie Sanders would win a general election, but there might be a chance for Hillary Clinton. We don't have that, though - we have the choice between a number of complete nutters as the republican candidate.

I still think Clinton would poll better than Sanders in a general election, but it may well be the case that either Clinton or Sanders will beat whoever ends up being the republican candidate. In which case, primary voters would be advised to vote their true preferences, rather than trying to pick the more electable candidate.

Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

Yes, I think all that is true. One further bit of data is the hunch that Sanders will do better, though, at getting out the liberal vote-- there's much more excitement re his candidacy than Clinton's. Surprisingly, Sander's campaign has much more of an Obama-like feel to it, even though Clinton would be the "history-making" candidate (the first woman president, as opposed to yet another old white guy). Sanders is drawing from huge frustrations with the system, like Obama in '09, pulling support from a vast network of small donations as opposed to the deep pockets of vested interests which all other candidates are pulling from. How that would play out in a general election is something of a wild card, but looking at '09 may give us some clues. As you said, who the GOP candidate turns out to be is very much a factor as well.

--------------------

Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Surprisingly, Sander's campaign has much more of an Obama-like feel to it, even though Clinton would be the "history-making" candidate (the first woman president, as opposed to yet another old white guy).

The Obama campaign saw significantly increased voter turnout in groups who haven't traditionally had a high turnout: ethnic minorities and young people. A black president is an obvious draw.

Women vote more than men anyway these days. There's no untapped pool of potential female voters to tap the way that Obama's candidacy got ethnic minority voters (and particularly black voters) to turn out.

In terms of a historic first, I think most people would agree that electing a female president would be a good thing. That only counts for anything if people are willing to abandon their preferred candidate in favour of a historic totem. If Bernie was another Martin O'Malley saying more or less mainstream Democratic things, I'd say a lot of his supporters would look at Hillary and decide that she was a pretty similar candidate, and that the chance to elect a woman was worth something.

Bernie's message is sufficiently different from Hillary's that I don't think there's much of that happening. Sure - there are plenty of Hillary supporters who are talking about how great it would be to elect a woman, but I think they're all people who would have been Hillary supporters even if she had been a man.

Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Carex
Shipmate
# 9643

- Posted      Profile for Carex   Email Carex   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

Current polls are saying they are now a dead heat in Iowa. Which, while understanding that a primary is quite different than a general election, is significant, given that the main charge against Sanders has been that he is unelectable.
And Iowa has caucuses rather than a primary. The results are representative of those who show up rather than the party membership as a whole.
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My feeling 10 years ago was that misogyny trumps racism, and that a man - any man - even a black man - would be preferred over a woman. So I'm wondering if a man - any man - even a wild-haired old man - will still be preferred over a woman.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

quote:
Firenze: My feeling 10 years ago was that misogyny trumps racism, and that a man - any man - even a black man - would be preferred over a woman. So I'm wondering if a man - any man - even a wild-haired old man - will still be preferred over a woman.
So if Sanders wins, it's because of misogyny? That's a bit too simple for me.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If Sanders loses, is it anti-Semitism?

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

There have been reports that the Sanders campaign has been plagued by the support of "Bernie Bros," enthusiastic males who take to internet discussions and resort to sexist attacks on Clinton. That might lend a little credence to the misogyny over racism theory,

I am caucusing as a Democrat this year in Colorado, and I am still undecided. I might lean towards Sanders, but if I find myself in a room where every other white male is supporting Sanders, or where every black voter supports Clinton, I might be really hesitant to go over to the Sanders side myself, even if that came as no fault of the candidate. I feel more strongly about building bridges in my neighborhood than I do about either candidate. (I'm mostly showing up to get a friend who is running for state house on the primary ballot.)

I am going to predict a real squeaker on the Democratic side. I'm rooting for a Sanders win, but I still think that a slightly more likely point or two win for Clinton won't spin very well for her in the morning.

I got Trump on the GOP side, with Rubio pulling in enough panicked Republicans to finish a strong third, in the upper teens, putting pressure on Bush, Christie, and Kasich to consider if they really want to stick around long enough to potentially throw it to Trump.

--------------------

cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

quote:
Originally posted by Carex:
And Iowa has caucuses rather than a primary. The results are representative of those who show up rather than the party membership as a whole.

Understood that a caucus is quite different than a primary. But even in a primary, as in the general election, the results are only representative of those who show up.

--------------------

Crœsos
Shipmate
# 238

- Posted      Profile for Crœsos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
My feeling 10 years ago was that misogyny trumps racism, and that a man - any man - even a black man - would be preferred over a woman.

I had a similar opinion back during the 2008 campaign; that misogyny was a more potent force in American politics than racism. The seven years (to date) of the Obama presidency have made me re-examine that assumption.

--------------------
Humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 10706 | From: Sardis, Lydia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
My feeling 10 years ago was that misogyny trumps racism, and that a man - any man - even a black man - would be preferred over a woman. So I'm wondering if a man - any man - even a wild-haired old man - will still be preferred over a woman.

Though she has improved since, charisma definitely was on the side of Obama.
Clinton was, and still is, strongly associated with establishment. Obama was a relative outsider.
So they were not coming from n equal place as far as voter perception. That said, I do believe misogyny a factor.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If you don't, then wait until Clinton is the nominee. Obama's presidency brought out every nutbar racist from behind the baseboards. Clinton's prominence will drag out every creepy sexist with a mouth full of four-letter words.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

What I do think is that Mrs. Clinton would be able to handle the Republican obstructionism better than Pres. Obama did.

--------------------

Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's 538 Season again.

Favouring Trump and Clinton in Iowa.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

OTOH, I'm getting tired of people saying or implying I should vote for Clinton because VAGINA.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

Hmm.

I wonder how ageism, youth-ism, ugly-ism, bodyshape-ism, etc are faring?

Content of character, anyone? Best policies, anyone?

Nah! Just isn't going to happen. The superficial is just so much easier to process.

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Well, given that most people have been elected because WHITE PENIS, that isn't remarkable.
It should be about policy not anatomy, Thatcher had a vagina after all and she still managed to be a massive prick.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

I dreamed last night that Bob Dylan stood for the Republicans as a write-in candidate. When I asked him why he was standing for the Republicans he said, "Well I might look like Gerry Ford but I feel just like Jesse James."

quote:
I am going to predict a real squeaker on the Democratic side.
Og, a real squeaker implies something completely different where I'm from, a bit like a Trump [Razz]

--------------------
Human

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar lays out a reasoned argument as to why it is ridiculous to vote for Trump. Unfortunately, reason is the last criteria Trump's supporters use.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar lays out a reasoned argument as to why it is ridiculous to vote for Trump. Unfortunately, reason is the last criteria Trump's supporters use.

I doubt that Trump's supporters would pay much attention to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar -- he's not only Black, but a Muslim.
[Eek!]

I just found out today that I'm scheduled to read in church on February 7. The reading is 2 Corinthians 3:12-4:2. I am SO tempted to announce it as "Two Corinthians"!

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by saysay:
OTOH, I'm getting tired of people saying or implying I should vote for Clinton because VAGINA.

I shall have to schedule an emergency confession with my priest because the world is ending and I don't want to face the end of the world unshriven. I agree with saysay about something.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

Pretty early results I saw before turning in just now look as though they support the 538 probabilities.

Early stories look like this. Young Democrats seem to be voting, massively, for Sanders. But they appear to be well outnumbered by senior citizen Democrats who are voting massively for Clinton.

And the very significant GOP evangelical vote (a high turnout so far) looks like producing more or less equal shares for Trump. Cruz and Rubio. If so, that's good news for Trump, bad news for Cruz. Trump has a solid lead amongst non-evo Republicans.

Maybe it will all look different in a few hours time? Lots of district variations in Iowa.

--------------------

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

What a magnificent festival of democracy! I wish we did caucusing here.

--------------------
Human

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  138  139  140 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016