homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Purgatory: U.S. Presidential Election 2016 (Page 97)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  ...  138  139  140 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Purgatory: U.S. Presidential Election 2016
W Hyatt
Shipmate
# 14250

- Posted      Profile for W Hyatt   Email W Hyatt   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Clough:
Charles Pierce over at the Atlantic is one of the great political curmudgeons of our day, and \ this rant is excellent.

Thanks for that link. This paragraph in particular struck me:

quote:
It is now popular to opine that, had the Democratic Party nominated someone else for president, then Donald Trump already would have been crushed as an electoral force. Watching the events of the last month leads me to the opposite conclusion. Had the Republican Party nominated someone more dedicated to the hard work of demagoguery, someone more committed to the craft of being a dictator, instead of the scatterbrained dilettante currently campaigning as a performance piece, that candidate would be even money to defeat anyone the Democrats put up in opposition.

[ 15. September 2016, 00:51: Message edited by: W Hyatt ]

--------------------
A new church and a new earth, with Spiritual Insights for Everyday Life.

Posts: 1565 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
romanlion
editorial comment
# 10325

- Posted      Profile for romanlion     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
"I would rather not have to vote for her, although she is a friend I respect. A 70-year person with a long track record, unbridled ambition, greedy,not [sic] transformational, with a husband still d**king bimbos at home (according to the NYP)."

Colin Powell on Hillary - 2014

[Killing me]

--------------------
"You can't get rich in politics unless you're a crook" - Harry S. Truman

Posts: 1486 | From: White Rose City | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was feeling sleepy and got off the freeway at Newberry, SC to change drivers and have a bathroom break. What a town! It gladdened my heart to see well nigh on 30 banners and posters around the town, with one lawn decorated with at least eight lawn posters for candidates from the President (Trump) through to the Clerk of Courts. Truly, this lawn was festooned.

I believe that the candidates were mainly on the republican side of the street, but there was one candidate for Congress who had a decided Democratic look about him. Plus, the other candidate identified as Republican. Newberry SC, you are my kind of town, well, except for your flavor of politics...

Political Billboard of the Trip: Outside Charleston, Hillary and Trump beaming down at motorists. "Moving to Canada? Let us sell your home."

[ 15. September 2016, 01:57: Message edited by: simontoad ]

--------------------
Human

Posts: 1571 | From: Romsey, Vic, AU | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

- Posted      Profile for Sober Preacher's Kid   Email Sober Preacher's Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ah, it appears you have found the indigenous Electora Americana, commonly known as the Wild American Ballot.

Unlike we in Commonwealth Realms who suffer with only one office on a ballot at a time, and thus one x, the Wild American Ballot features a plethora of offices by way of electoral plumage. What it lacks in party diversity it makes up for in office selection. It is believed to attract the other, more fickle half of the species, the Common American Voter.

--------------------
NDP Federal Convention Ottawa 2018: A random assortment of Prots and Trots.

Posts: 7646 | From: Peterborough, Upper Canada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
romanlion
editorial comment
# 10325

- Posted      Profile for romanlion     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by simontoad:
Newberry SC, you are my kind of town, well, except for your flavor of politics...

Newberry is indeed a great place. 70 miles from my home and yes, decidedly (R).

Newberry is between Clinton and Prosperity, and there is a (somewhat) famous intersection not far from there that shows signs for each town, with arrows in opposing directions.

--------------------

cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

- Posted      Profile for cliffdweller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Political Billboard of the Trip: Outside Charleston, Hillary and Trump beaming down at motorists. "Moving to Canada? Let us sell your home."

But to whom? one might ask...

Clever marketing on the realtor's part, though...

--------------------
"Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid." -Frederick Buechner

Posts: 11242 | From: a small canyon overlooking the city | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by romanlion:
"I would rather not have to vote for her, although she is a friend I respect. A 70-year person with a long track record, unbridled ambition, greedy,not [sic] transformational, with a husband still d**king bimbos at home (according to the NYP)."

[Killing me]

Of course, that was before an escapee from Ringling Bros. decided to put his hat in the ring.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And of course what he said about Trump is much more bleak. It sounds like the choice between the one he would prefer not to have to vote for and the one he wouldn't vote for.

--------------------
mdijon nojidm uoɿıqɯ ɯqıɿou
ɯqıɿou uoɿıqɯ nojidm mdijon

Posts: 12277 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
romanlion--

quote:

[Killing me]

Is that from the New York Post? (Per your NYP.) Do you have a link? I don't know if the quote is accurate. The NYP is tabloidish, AFAIK.

BTW, thanks for answering my earlier question about how you would vote, if you had to.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Enoch
Shipmate
# 14322

- Posted      Profile for Enoch   Email Enoch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by mdijon:
And of course what he said about Trump is much more bleak. It sounds like the choice between the one he would prefer not to have to vote for and the one he wouldn't vote for.

Isn't that exactly the dilemma? Trump is so appalling that whatever a person thinks of Mrs Clinton, their duty to their fellow citizens, the rest of humanity and God is to hold their nose and vote for her.

The maths are such that even a protest vote for Mr or Mrs A. N. Other is not an option.

[ 15. September 2016, 10:38: Message edited by: Enoch ]

--------------------
Brexit wrexit - Sir Graham Watson

Posts: 7610 | From: Bristol UK(was European Green Capital 2015, now Ljubljana) | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'd say more a reluctant nobrainer rather than a dilemma.

--------------------

romanlion
editorial comment
# 10325

quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
romanlion--

quote:

[Killing me]

Is that from the New York Post? (Per your NYP.) Do you have a link? I don't know if the quote is accurate. The NYP is tabloidish, AFAIK.

Link

It's a direct quote from Powell's leaked emails. The NYP reference is his.

In an exchange with (mega) donor and Clinton supporter Jeffery Leeds in 2015, Leeds describes attending an event with Hillary where she could "barely climb the podium steps."

quote:
And of course what he said about Trump is much more bleak.

And much less noteworthy...

Powell made is career mostly in republican administrations (those racists), but he's a democrat voter.

--------------------

Crœsos
Shipmate
# 238

- Posted      Profile for Crœsos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Powell made is career mostly in republican administrations (those racists), but he's a democrat voter.

Not really. He's an Obama voter. Powell never really said anything about his other votes and it's likely that prior to Obama Powell voted for at least some Republican Presidential candidates.

--------------------
Humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 10706 | From: Sardis, Lydia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The secret ballot is a wonderful and glorious thing. (Although it is supposedly illegal, I do like the idea of taking a selfie of yourself and your ballot.)

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

- Posted      Profile for cliffdweller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Oh, I'm quite sure that's impossible. Clinton is the only person, ever, who mishandled emails. Certainly no one in a Republican administration would ever do something so vile!

quote:
In an exchange with (mega) donor and Clinton supporter Jeffery Leeds in 2015, Leeds describes attending an event with Hillary where she could "barely climb the podium steps."

I believe that was right after she murdered Vince Foster, and just before she forged a birth certificate to cover up her secret Kenyan Muslim heritage. Probably died her hair too.

Keep it up-- with every increasingly ludicrous conspiracy theory you're simply undermining the credibility of any more plausible problem.

--------------------
"Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid." -Frederick Buechner

Posts: 11242 | From: a small canyon overlooking the city | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I particularly admire the idea of body doubles. There's a lot you can do with an army of lookalikes.

--------------------

romanlion
editorial comment
# 10325

quote:
Originally posted by cliffdweller:
quote:

Oh, I'm quite sure that's impossible. Clinton is the only person, ever, who mishandled emails. Certainly no one in a Republican administration would ever do something so vile!
Powell didn't mishandle anything, his personal emails were hacked and then leaked. As far as I know none of Powell's correspondence from the single machine he used at State for classified email have been hacked or leaked.

Hillary operated completely outside the .gov system for all of her personal and State department business, on a server that was in her basement, and accessed that server from umpteen mobile devices wherever in the world she was and could find a wi-fi network.

Apples and moon rocks.

quote:
Originally posted by cliffdweller:

quote:

I believe that was right after she murdered Vince Foster, and just before she forged a birth certificate to cover up her secret Kenyan Muslim heritage. Probably died her hair too.

Keep it up-- with every increasingly ludicrous conspiracy theory you're simply undermining the credibility of any more plausible problem.

What conspiracy theory do you imagine you see here?

It's just the words exchanged between Powell and Leeds through email, confirmed by Powell's office to be authentic.

--------------------

Callan
Shipmate
# 525

- Posted      Profile for Callan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Tangent, But I think this guy, running for the Missouri Senate seat, may be just about to go viral.

--------------------
How easy it would be to live in England, if only one did not love her. - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 9757 | From: Citizen of the World | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

quote:

You've often got a bizarre reason for focusing on and speculating on some negative aspect applied to Clinton and dismissing the same or worse negative aspect that might be applied to Trump.

A republican describes Trump as a national disgrace. Because they voted for Obama that's not as important as the less negative thing they said about Clinton.

--------------------

romanlion
editorial comment
# 10325

quote:
quote:

You've often got a bizarre reason for focusing on and speculating on some negative aspect applied to Clinton and dismissing the same or worse negative aspect that might be applied to Trump.

It should be obvious, but I'll break it down for you.

It is less noteworthy that Powell criticizes a republican, especially this republican, because he has been slamming republicans for years. People expect it.

This cycle in particular his criticism of Trump is like a fart in a hurricane...

But when he says "Everything HRC touches she kind of screws up with hubris", that's noteworthy. It's news.

--------------------

Crœsos
Shipmate
# 238

- Posted      Profile for Crœsos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
It should be obvious, but I'll break it down for you.

It is less noteworthy that Powell criticizes a republican, especially this republican, because he has been slamming republicans for years. People expect it.

This cycle in particular his criticism of Trump is like a fart in a hurricane...

I'm pretty sure claiming criticisms of Trump aren't newsworthy is what someone or other once called "the soft bigotry of low expectations".

And Powell hasn't really been "slamming republicans for years", at least not in public. (Privately via e-mail seems to be another matter entirely.) Unless you count endorsing a democrat for president (twice) to be "slamming republicans".

--------------------

romanlion
editorial comment
# 10325

quote:
Originally posted by Crœsos:
And Powell hasn't really been "slamming republicans for years", at least not in public.

Just McCain in 2008...

Romney in 2012...

And the GOP in 2013...

Not to mention anything from 2016.

That's years, and pretty public...

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

A good analysis of the American cultural divide and how the election is going to exacerbate it.

--------------------

Gramps49
Shipmate
# 16378

- Posted      Profile for Gramps49   Email Gramps49   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am looking forward to the first Presidential Debate on September 26. I would say this will be a make or break situation for the candidates. There will likely be 3 people in the debate, assuming Gary Johnson can hold up in the polls.

Of the three, my money will be on Hillary. She is a skilled debater, having been trained as a lawyer and been in politics most of her adult life, even being member of the US Senate.

It has been my experience in the past that the first debate will be the most watched and undecided people will make their determination then. Examples of the first televised debate debacles are when Nixon debated Kennedy. Nixon was the better prepared, but he did not wear makeup and looked ghastly. Then there is the image of Bush looking at his watch in his debate against Bill Clinton.

Shortly after the debate some states will begin early voting. Once people begin voting it will be harder for any candidate to make up lost ground from the first debate.

Posts: 2193 | From: Pullman WA | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I particularly admire the idea of body doubles. There's a lot you can do with an army of lookalikes.

It worked for President Mitchell.
[Biased]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Crœsos
Shipmate
# 238

quote:
Originally posted by Gramps49:
Examples of the first televised debate debacles are when Nixon debated Kennedy. Nixon was the better prepared, but he did not wear makeup and looked ghastly.

Nixon also kept looking from side to side in a "shifty" manner. The main reason for this was that the clock was off to one side of the stage, so every time Nixon checked how much time he had left he did the shifty-eyed thing. Kennedy had a much firmer grasp of body language and always looked down at the podium before glancing at the clock.

--------------------

romanlion
editorial comment
# 10325

quote:
Originally posted by Gramps49:
I am looking forward to the first Presidential Debate on September 26.

Should be compelling television to say the least.

I expect it will set the high water mark for POTUS debate ratings for years to come, in spite of the low approval of both candidates*.

*ETA: Or perhaps because of?

[ 15. September 2016, 16:04: Message edited by: romanlion ]

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Enoch:
Trump is so appalling that whatever a person thinks of Mrs Clinton, their duty to their fellow citizens, the rest of humanity and God is to hold their nose and vote for her.

I am not a fan of Clinton, but Americans have no other rational choice. Her problem is not that she is unqualified, that is imbecilic rhetoric of those fools who need velcro on their trainers because they cannot manage laces.
Her biggest real problem is that she is an entrenched part of a flawed system. A problem for the American voter is that there is no other rational choice.
Trump may not be part of the political establishment, but he is emblematic of some of their biggest problems.
Gary Johnson and the other unelectables are merely distractions and resource drains.
With Clinton. America will have a competent leader, though not likely the one it needs.
With Trump, well, who the Hell knows? Evidence is that he will not be even passable. He might be, but with the same odds that a meteorite with a perfect, already cut, 1,000 carat diamond encased within will land in my back garden. It is possible, but bloody unlikely.

quote:

You mean this to disparage Powell, but it actually emphasises the need to vote for Clinton. That hurricane of criticism of Trump is not for nothing.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

A particularly devastating dissection of the emptiness at the center of Trump. This is from the NY Times, which means you have to use one of your free stories on the click.
The point that strikes me (which I do not believe has been pointed out before) is Bruni's discussion of Trump's Sekrit Plan to Defeet ISIS. He refuses to speak of it, because Obama might implement it, and then (because it will succeed in jig time) cop all the credit. Yes, the death of however many people between now and the Trumpian inaugural is acceptable, because Trump getting the kudos is paramount.

--------------------

mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

quote:
Originally posted by Crœsos:
And Powell hasn't really been "slamming republicans for years", at least not in public.

quote:
Just McCain in 2008...

Romney in 2012...

And the GOP in 2013...

Not to mention anything from 2016.

That's years, and pretty public...

He criticized aspects of their campaigns but didn't call any of them anything like as strong as a national disgrace.

But no, you don't have to break it down any further, I get it completely and have got what you mean for some time on this thread.

--------------------

romanlion
editorial comment
# 10325

A good and timely piece, detailing why the Powell emails impact Hillary more than Trump, from CNBC.

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

Well, thank God. Our long national nightmare is over. The Birther in Chief has thrown in the towel.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Well, thank God. Our long national nightmare is over. The Birther in Chief has thrown in the towel.

You about gave me a heart attack. I thought you had linked to a story saying Trump had dropped out of the race. I'd say our nightmare is far from over.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

I'm sure President Obama is sleeping much better, knowing that he doesn't face deportation on January 21.
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

- Posted      Profile for Og, King of Bashan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It sounds like the announcement was part of a broader and more bizarre stunt, which involved press members being locked in the ballroom while Trump ignored their questions and lured the pool television cameras away from reporters for a question-free tour of his new hotel. Oh, and the stage that Trump spoke from collapsed in front of assembled media a short time after Trump left.

Read all about it, with footage of the stage collapse.

--------------------
"I like to eat crawfish and drink beer. That's despair?" ― Walker Percy

Posts: 3259 | From: Denver, Colorado, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
quote:

I'm sure President Obama is sleeping much better, knowing that he doesn't face deportation on January 21.
[Roll Eyes]

Obama is cool, assuring us that he kind of knew where he was born.

--------------------

Anglican_Brat
Shipmate
# 12349

- Posted      Profile for Anglican_Brat   Email Anglican_Brat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Can someone cite one incident where Mr. Trump said

"I am sorry, I was wrong about that"?

[ 16. September 2016, 22:00: Message edited by: Anglican_Brat ]

--------------------
It's Reformation Day! Do your part to promote Christian unity and brotherly love and hug a schismatic.

Posts: 4332 | From: Vancouver | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
W Hyatt
Shipmate
# 14250

- Posted      Profile for W Hyatt   Email W Hyatt   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Killing me]
Posts: 1565 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

Here is a report from a reporter who was there. It sounds like an egregious scam even for Trump, and I sense that the press is not going to suck up this kind of crap any more.

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

The headline here says it all: Never Wrong, Never Sorry, Never Responsible. These are both from the POST, btw.

--------------------

romanlion
editorial comment
# 10325

quote:

That ploy kinda blew up on Hillary and her media.

Trump has all the talk focused on the details of Mark Penn's memos from 2008 discussing Obama's "otherness" and lack of "American roots".

Absolutely hilarious...never seen anything like it.

--------------------

romanlion
editorial comment
# 10325

quote:
Here is a report from a reporter who was there. It sounds like an egregious scam even for Trump, and I sense that the press is not going to suck up this kind of crap any more.

He could do it again tomorrow...no problem.

--------------------

romanlion
editorial comment
# 10325

quote:
The headline here says it all: Never Wrong, Never Sorry, Never Responsible. These are both from the POST, btw.

Enough about Obama, he's just about outta here!

--------------------

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We are now in Macon GA, and have determined that freeways are not the places to see election billboards, unlike around my place in Australia, which is one of those places. We did see a few Trump/Pence lawn things in one town, while driving along a state highway. Nothing for poor old Hill. I think Arkansas is more Clinton country but we won't be going there. From here its across to Selma to tread the sacred places of the Civil Rights Movement, and then down to New Orleans.

Trump finally denied the birthers. I have no idea how anyone's credibility could survive that. But I think his will among people who already like him. I think they will excuse his lies and say that Hilary is worse. I'm scared Trump might win. It will probably pass, but I am scared right now.

--------------------
Human

Posts: 1571 | From: Romsey, Vic, AU | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

When I was in Georgia I was startled at how many Hillary and Bernie yard signs there were. But I may have been in a very blue district.
Kristoff argues that Trump is a crackpot candidate, which is hard to argue with.

--------------------

rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post 
quote:
Trump finally denied the birthers. I have no idea how anyone's credibility could survive that. But I think his will among people who already like him. I think they will excuse his lies and say that Hilary is worse. I'm scared Trump might win. It will probably pass, but I am scared right now.

It has happened in the past where people, en masse, have been drawn towards a situation that lacks all credibility. Even individuals dubious about the thing to which they feel drawn are powerless to hold out against the pull of the crowd. It might be a form of mass hypnosis.

Possibly the most disturbing image I've seen of what is currently going on in America was a simple pop-art. It was that of a brick, stood on end, with Trump's hair-piece on top of it.

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Horseman Bree
Shipmate
# 5290

- Posted      Profile for Horseman Bree   Email Horseman Bree   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Is it normal in US elections for one of the candidates to ask that his opposing candidate be set up for assassination?

I know he wants the "second amendment people" to take the law into their own hands - that is what guns are designed for. But is he so afraid of HC that he needs her assassinated before the voting?

--------------------
It's Not That Simple

Posts: 5372 | From: more herring choker than bluenose | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

I doubt it is fear. I believe Trump is totally driven by audience response, and if they cheer he is willing to say anything. No other entity has any reality for him, and therefore whether Clinton, or anybody, lives or dies is of no relevance. And therefore why not call for her death? It is like calling for the death of a hobbit, with no reality whatsoever.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I believe Trump is totally driven by audience response, and if they cheer he is willing to say anything.

Which is why I wish the upcoming debates were done without audiences. Nobody there to cheer or applaud. Just the candidates and the moderator and a TV camera.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
But the audience may egg him on to say stupider and stupider things, which will put Hillary in a better and better light. Especially since she's a skilled lawyer who, I'm sure, knows how to cross-examine.

[ 18. September 2016, 04:11: Message edited by: Amanda B. Reckondwythe ]

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  ...  138  139  140 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016