homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: I'd call you to Hell, but you're not worth the effort (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: I'd call you to Hell, but you're not worth the effort
Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Eutychus:
quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:
EXPLAIN YOURSELVES.

Explanatory link
I like that song much less now after seeing that.

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Explanatory link for explanatory link

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Eutychus:
Explanatory link for explanatory link

Can we call someone to Hell for being Rickrolled?

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Haven't seen a rickroll for a couple of years. Nice.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You are all completely useless.

This seems to be a host/admin conspiracy. Only the saved seem to be able to go to heaven and it's all a goddamn secret.

GNOSTICISM LIVES.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Your mistake, Evensong, is that you assume you have to know what's going on in order to participate.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
-

The above is a full-scale illustration of what most retired folk wear all day - and all night - in order to save on laundry.
Enjoy carrying the weight of that mental image around for the rest of the day.

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

--------------------

passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
ι'м иσт ѕυяє ωнαт тнιѕ ιѕ αℓℓ αвσυт, but if there's a bandwagon rolling, ʇɥǝu I ɯɐʎ ɐs ʍǝll ɾnɯd ou˙
Posts: 1289 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
Your mistake, Evensong, is that you assume you have to know what's going on in order to participate.

Employing your regular posting style then, are you, orfeo?

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by Silver Faux:
quote:

Employing your regular posting style then, are you, orfeo?
At least mine has variations.

--------------------

George Spigot

Outcast
# 253

- Posted      Profile for George Spigot   Author's homepage   Email George Spigot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mornington crescent.

--------------------
C.S. Lewis's Head is just a tool for the Devil. (And you can quote me on that.) ~
Philip Purser Hallard
http://www.thoughtplay.com/infinitarian/gbsfatb.html

Posts: 1625 | From: Derbyshire - England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Can you see an invisible joke?

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by dj_ordinaire:
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:

There's only one answer to that.

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have done an extensive review of doctrine in my church. The inevitable conclusion of the teachings of the church fathers is that the OP in this thread is doctrinally unsound.

Had our so called administrator bothered to check with me first, I would have been pleased to inform him that

is, and always will be, heretical. Of course, I have no desire to be overly harsh so I want you readers to understand that heretical here is used in only its technical sense. There is nothing in our teachings that says that

leads to eternal damnation, although a good long period in Purgatory is probably merited. Fortunately, Mr. Cresswell has already served a good long time in Purgatory, so he has little to worry about in this instance.

As to Evensong not understanding what Alan meant with

I can only say that sometimes the less said, the better.

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
O

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Otter
Shipmate
# 12020

- Posted      Profile for Otter   Author's homepage   Email Otter   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
O

I could tell you stories about O...

[ 02. May 2012, 16:36: Message edited by: Otter ]

--------------------
The plural of "anecdote" is not "data", YMMV, limited-time offer, IANAL, no purchase required, and the state of CA has found this substance to cause cancer in laboratory aminals

Posts: 1429 | From: Chicago, IL 'burbs | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was just thinking that rickrolling was a relatively tame alternative...

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Which, TBH, is unusual for Evensong. She normally joins in happily when she has no clue what is going on. Like always.

Typical woman. Knows fuck all, but still can't keep her gob shut.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh, isn't that the cutest little remark ever.

(Polishes it and puts it on curio shelf.)

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

- Posted      Profile for monkeylizard   Email monkeylizard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In the beginning there was

Then Alan spoke, and there was

--------------------
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. ~ Herbert Spencer (1820 - 1903)

Posts: 2201 | From: Music City, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

- Posted      Profile for Kyzyl   Email Kyzyl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by monkeylizard:
In the beginning there was

Then Alan spoke, and there was

And then She Was

--------------------
I need a quote.

Posts: 668 | From: Wapasha's Prairie | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

And then there was a copyright blocking notice from Youtube [Confused]

--------------------

rufiki

Ship's 'shroom
# 11165

- Posted      Profile for rufiki   Email rufiki   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:

quote:
Originally posted by Ricardus:

quote:
quote:

I thought this was a           website!
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
██████
Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
HOW did you do that????
I didn't think we could do spoiler tags!

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

- Posted      Profile for Beeswax Altar   Email Beeswax Altar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

--------------------
Losing sleep is something you want to avoid, if possible.
-Og: King of Bashan

Posts: 8411 | From: By a large lake | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
molopata

The Ship's jack
# 9933

- Posted      Profile for molopata     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think Alan's point is to show how people of power can start self-perpetuating conversations about nothing. Literally.

Hey, where's Peatsy to close this thing down like he normally would?

--------------------
... The Respectable

Posts: 1718 | From: the abode of my w@ndering mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

- Posted      Profile for justlooking   Author's homepage   Email justlooking   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
══════════════✍
Posts: 2319 | From: thither and yon | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I just think he's calling No Body SPecial to Hell...
Posts: 1289 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by Tortuf:
I have done an extensive review of doctrine in my church. The inevitable conclusion of the teachings of the church fathers is that the OP in this thread is doctrinally unsound.

Since when did the Ship ban heresy?

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by Molopata The Rebel:
I think Alan's point is to show how people of power can start self-perpetuating conversations about nothing. Literally.

Ship's Seinfeld.

--------------------

art dunce
Shipmate
# 9258

- Posted      Profile for art dunce     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Won't someone think of the children.

--------------------
Ego is not your amigo.

Posts: 1283 | From: in the studio | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

Ship's Seinfeld.
You mean like every other Hell thread?

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Posts: 2716 | From: Houston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by rugasaw:
quote:
quote:

Ship's Seinfeld.
You mean like every other Hell thread?
Reduced to its essence. But why stop at Hell? Or even the Ship? You mean like every other message board thread across internet history?

Alan has created the nearest thing to a perfect OP the web has yet seen.

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well you see. That's it. I think it's a test. [Paranoid]

I hate tests. [Paranoid]

orfeo

# 13878

^ Flashbacks to high school trauma?

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

Current trauma.

My every move is scrutinized these days. They've probably even got a very fat file on Evensong. [Paranoid]

All I can do is wave.

*waves*

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

(takes screen shot of wave.)

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

Fuckin tourists.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Fuckin tourists.

Tourist? A cunning disguise for an agent of Them.

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

I should have known. It was Kelly all along.

She's got that fluffy bunny innocent look about her.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tortuf:

Since when did the Ship ban heresy?
Damn, you are a fucking idiot.
Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

I thought it was funny. [Big Grin]

[ 03. May 2012, 03:35: Message edited by: Evensong ]

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
I should have known. It was Kelly all along.

She's got that fluffy bunny innocent look about her.

Can you lean closer and speak into my lav mic, please? I mean, in my ear?

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

And it's at that point that the axe comes out right?

I don't think so honey

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Everybody is so damn hung up on that axe.

Here's my axe, OK? Yeesh.

--------------------

Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

- Posted      Profile for Barefoot Friar   Email Barefoot Friar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Mad] I broke the handle on an axe today. Second day in a row, too. I guess it would help if I could actually hit the damn log with the head of the axe instead of the handle.

What I really need, but do not have, is a sledge and a wedge. I'm trying to make do.

--------------------
Do your little bit of good where you are; its those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world. -- Desmond Tutu

Posts: 1621 | From: Warrior Mountains | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Hm.

Coincidentally, someone just sent me this.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
█ Y █ a ██ w █ ██ n █ ! █

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016