homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Heaven   » The Icelandic president has spoken (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The Icelandic president has spoken
Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

- Posted      Profile for Latchkey Kid   Author's homepage   Email Latchkey Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hate hot cross buns made with chocolate chips rather than currents/sultanas.

--------------------
'You must never give way for an answer. An answer is always the stretch of road that's behind you. Only a question can point the way forward.'
Mika; in Hello? Is Anybody There?, Jostein Gaardner

Posts: 2567 | From: The wizardest little town in Oz | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by no prophet's flag is set so...:
Re carbonara:
There is a tendency to try to gain creaminess with excessive cheese. Please don't!

Very true. It needs some but the cheese and bacon combo is very rich. Cheese lovers can grate more in for themselves.
quote:

Re anchovies:
Often too salty by half. Given where we live, smoked fish goes on pizza nicely, usually pickerel, jack or rainbow trout (often called respectively: walleye, northern pike, steelhead). Pickerel and jack are excellent pickled as well. Rainbow makes good gravlax or frozen and then sliced thinly when still icy like arctic char.

A lot of saltiness can be taken out of anchovies by soaking them in milk for half an hour.

[ 24. February 2017, 21:43: Message edited by: Sioni Sais ]

Posts: 23625 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The damp bread thing.
Why do people think cutting zucchini (courgette) into wedges, breading them and frying would be a good idea? Same with eggplant slices (aubergine, brinjal). Don't bread things!

anchovies & milk: shall try. Thanks!

[ 24. February 2017, 21:50: Message edited by: no prophet's flag is set so... ]

--------------------
Maybe I should stop to consider that I'm not worthy of an epiphany and just take what life has to offer
(formerly was just "no prophet") \_(ツ)_/

Posts: 10284 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

- Posted      Profile for Cottontail   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The President gets my vote. Pineapple is the fruit of the devil. Vile, disgusting so-called foodstuff.

And while I'm at it, I'd also ban cucumber. People who love it tell me it doesn't taste of anything. I'm here to tell you it tastes incredibly strong and contaminates everything it touches.

I'm moving to Iceland.

--------------------
"I don't think you ought to read so much theology," said Lord Peter. "It has a brutalizing influence."

Posts: 2356 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

- Posted      Profile for Latchkey Kid   Author's homepage   Email Latchkey Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In England pineapples were anaemically pale, pale yellow. I tasted my first decent pineapple in Fiji in 1971. Perhaps they are now not picked so under-ripe for transport to the UK.

We now grow our own pineapples and picked them when fully ripe. But I won't put them on pizza. "Hawaiian" pizzas are unheard of in Hawaii, I understand.

--------------------
'You must never give way for an answer. An answer is always the stretch of road that's behind you. Only a question can point the way forward.'

Posts: 2567 | From: The wizardest little town in Oz | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Similarly we eat fresh pineapple but then it is locally produced and actually tastes of something - bananas are the same, even if I went to UK I wouldn't eat them there as we grow tasty ones in the back garden not flavourless muck!

Papaya is one fruit that always tastes soapy however fresh it is - once or twice a year I manage a little as long as it has lime or lemon juice sprinkled over it but otherwise [Projectile]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 47811 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Balsamic makes me [Projectile] I even get queasy when I see people lapping up the gallons they pour on a salad with a spoon.

Even as a child I detested bananas and pineapple. It was only when I lived in South Asia that I found out what was missing - taste. I still won't touch the facsimiles peddled in North America. Watermelon is insipid. Lettuce is a complete waste of agricultural resources.

I quite like coriander. And most other melons.

As an adult, I banned egg custard from my house. I haven't had it since I was force fed it as a child.

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pineapple, cucumber and bananas may well not be at their best in Scotland; berries generally do not grow well here. Buy and eat what grows best locally.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 6119 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gee D:
...Buy and eat what grows best locally.

Absolutely!

Spinach seems one of the most universally loathed green veggies but not over here where it is in season most of the year and is grown in the next village down towards the river. One day we were driving past a field where they were harvesting the stuff so we bought 10 rupees worth [not a lot of money], took it home and within half an hour it was cooked and on the lunch plate. It tasted vastly different from the frozen spinach I used to get from Sainsbury!

Actually, thinking about this thread and loathed foods I think half the problem is the cooking - people seem to loathe Okra [ladies fingers, vendaka, etc.] and say it is slimy but that is not how it has to be.

As for Calimari - why not just buy a bag of rubber bands and chew them?

--------------------

Posts: 47811 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
Spinach seems one of the most universally loathed green veggies but not over here where it is in season most of the year and is grown in the next village down towards the river. One day we were driving past a field where they were harvesting the stuff so we bought 10 rupees worth [not a lot of money], took it home and within half an hour it was cooked and on the lunch plate. It tasted vastly different from the frozen spinach I used to get from Sainsbury!

Spinach should never be cooked (yuck!), but it is wonderful raw -- as a salad or in a sandwich.

--------------------
Don't keep calm. Go change the world.

Posts: 8904 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
quote:

Spinach should never be cooked (yuck!), but it is wonderful raw -- as a salad or in a sandwich.
Spanokopita is great.

I grew up in the 50s and 60s with English cooking of vegetables each done separately and overdone removing flavour. No wonder the kids won't eat them. I think that cooking in the UK has improved now. At least where I go on my return trips it has.

--------------------

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

- Posted      Profile for Pangolin Guerre   Email Pangolin Guerre   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
[QUOTE] As for Calimari - why not just buy a bag of rubber bands and chew them?

... Because, calamari needn't be rubber bands. Properly prepared, squid is quite tender. It has to be flash grilled or stewed low and slow. As a friend put it to me once, "two or two": two minutes or two hours, nothing in between.
Posts: 341 | From: 30 arpents de neige | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Graven Image:
Damp bread. No chip beef on toast, no hot turkey sandwiches, no gravy of any kind on any bread product and that includes biscuits and gravy. Most likely started when if ill my mother would give me warm milk on toast. [Projectile]

Milk on toast? What fresh new Hell is this? [Projectile]

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17192 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Milk toast -- an old grandmothers' cure-all (sort of like chicken soup) from time immemorial.

My life would be significantly less worth living if I couldn't sop up my pasta sauce with a piece or two of nice fresh crusty Italian bread. Torn off the loaf, not sliced. My grandmother always said it is a sin to slice bread.

But olives? Fruit of the devil's own making. (I'll bet that's what he gave Eve, not an apple.)

[ 25. February 2017, 10:19: Message edited by: Amanda B. Reckondwythe ]

--------------------
"We're not in Wonderland anymore, Alice." – Charles Manson

Posts: 9824 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:

But olives? Fruit of the devil's own making. (I'll bet that's what he gave Eve, not an apple.)

We must disagree once again, Miss Amanda. Of course the serpent offered Eve an olive, because it was the most delicious, tempting fruit in the Garden. She wouldn't have accepted it were it not.

(The Serpent must have had all the necessary ingredients to make it edible first; olives cannot be eaten fresh off the tree. Or perhaps they were edible straight off the tree before the Fall.)

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Of course the serpent offered Eve an olive, because it was the most delicious, tempting fruit in the Garden.

Had she spit it out without swallowing, how different life would be now.

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The milk toast got me dredging up repressed memory of blood soup. I think it is a central and eastern Europe thing. Pig blood. I have memory of my Prussian born gramma spooning it into my mouth while recovering from mumps and measles. Had them in rapid succession, and apparently I needed building up. I recall the 'skin' forming on top as it cooled, which is probably clotting, and also sticking to the roof of my mouth. I will skip lunch now.

--------------------
Maybe I should stop to consider that I'm not worthy of an epiphany and just take what life has to offer

Posts: 10284 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

The milk toast got me dredging up repressed memory of blood soup. I think it is a central and eastern Europe thing. Pig blood. I have memory of my Prussian born gramma spooning it into my mouth while recovering from mumps and measles. Had them in rapid succession, and apparently I needed building up. I recall the 'skin' forming on top as it cooled, which is probably clotting, and also sticking to the roof of my mouth. I will skip lunch now.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Reminds me of dim sum one Sunday brunch in a Chinese restaurant. Along with all the dumpling delicacies was a soup-like dish of dark red liquid. I thought it might be borsch (yes, I know what you're going to say). I asked the waitress what it was, and she replied, "Duck's blood."

Needless to say, I passed.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Of course the serpent offered Eve an olive, because it was the most delicious, tempting fruit in the Garden.

Had she spit it out without swallowing, how different life would be now.
Okay great now I've got the image of Eve spitting without swallowing stuck in my head. Thanks heaps.

--------------------
God has shown me that I should not call any man impure or unclean. --Acts 10:28

Posts: 61999 | From: Ecotopia | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
Okay great now I've got the image of Eve spitting without swallowing stuck in my head. Thanks heaps.

Only on the Ship could we get to this from pineapple on pizza.
[Killing me]

--------------------

Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

quote:
quote:

We must disagree once again, Miss Amanda. Of course the serpent offered Eve an olive, because it was the most delicious, tempting fruit in the Garden. She wouldn't have accepted it were it not.

(The Serpent must have had all the necessary ingredients to make it edible first; olives cannot be eaten fresh off the tree. Or perhaps they were edible straight off the tree before the Fall.)

Was it the knowledge of how to cure olives that the serpent gave Eve?

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Salad should not be served with hot food. At least not on the same plate.

Hot food should be served on a warm plate, and salad on a cold one, keep them on separate plates, otherwise what happens with too much pub food in Britain occurs:

Lettuce which was presumably crisp and cold when it was put on the warm plate in contact with the hot food is already going limp when it gets to the table, and halfway through the meal the the cucumber is lukewarm. Putting cold salad on the same plate as hot food is a sure way to make the food underwhelming. Just leave it off or put it on a side plate.

--------------------
Fearfully and wonderfully mad

ن
blog

Posts: 8535 | From: Proxima b | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lettuce in a burger, see above.

--------------------
Fearfully and wonderfully mad

ن
blog

Posts: 8535 | From: Proxima b | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

quote:

Not **that**, silly boy.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Not **that**, silly boy.
Well they lived 900 years and only had 3 sons. Do the math.

--------------------
God has shown me that I should not call any man impure or unclean. --Acts 10:28

Posts: 61999 | From: Ecotopia | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

quote:
quote:
quote:

Not **that**, silly boy.
Well they lived 900 years and only had 3 sons. Do the math.
Proof enough for me that she did swallow*. But we digress.

* The olive, of course. "Not tonight, dear, I have indigestion."

[ 27. February 2017, 13:53: Message edited by: Amanda B. Reckondwythe ]

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

So getting us back on thread. I prefer not to eat anything that swims, as opposed to lives on land or in the air.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

quote:
So getting us back on thread. I prefer not to eat anything that swims, as opposed to lives on land or in the air.

No wonder we haven't had a Phoenix-area Shipmeet in a while! You and I haven't agreed on anything on this thread.
[Biased]

I prefer to eat things that swim or fly (seafood or poultry) but rarely eat land mammals.

--------------------

Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Drinking the water that they swim in has its problems for some people, too.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 802 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
posted by Cottontail:
The President gets my vote. Pineapple is the fruit of the devil. Vile, disgusting so-called foodstuff.

And while I'm at it, I'd also ban cucumber. People who love it tell me it doesn't taste of anything. I'm here to tell you it tastes incredibly strong and contaminates everything it touches.

Are you my long-lost-separated-at-birth twin? [Paranoid]

(though the cucumber ban is more about its repetitive action than taste per se)

[ 28. February 2017, 07:50: Message edited by: kingsfold ]

Posts: 4438 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

quote:
No wonder we haven't had a Phoenix-area Shipmeet in a while! You and I haven't agreed on anything on this thread.

No excuse. We could agree on a salad bar, I would imagine. Things that grow in the ground are eminently edible -- except, of course, for olives.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

quote:
quote:

No excuse. We could agree on a salad bar, I would imagine. Things that grow in the ground are eminently edible -- except, of course, for olives.
A salad bar without olives?!?
[Eek!]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
... Spinach should never be cooked (yuck!), but it is wonderful raw -- as a salad or in a sandwich.

Yea and amen.

I must be in the minority when it comes to coriander - I can take it or leave it. The seeds are lovely ground and cooked with cauliflower and/or broccoli, but the leaves? I'd really just as soon have parsley.

I understand that whether you taste fresh coriander as soapy is a genetic thing, rather like being able to roll your tongue.

And I'll 'fess up now - I quite like pineapple on pizzas (sorry Mr. Johannesson), especially if they also have ham, mushrooms and sweetcorn.

I'd better see myself out ... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"It's not so much the toes", said Piglet, "as the ears". A. A. Milne
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 18701 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Piglet--

And take your sweet corn and pineapple with you! [Biased]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?"--Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon"
--"I'm not giving up--and neither should you." --SNL

Posts: 16951 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Many years ago we were in Gujarat [NW India] and there they put sugar in everything - vegetable dishes contain sugar, even Dal Fry has sugar in it - not only is is inappropriate, not only does it taste vile but also, perhaps unsurprisingly, Type 2 diabetes is rife!

--------------------

Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Many years ago we were in Gujarat [NW India] and there they put sugar in everything - vegetable dishes contain sugar, even Dal Fry has sugar in it - not only is is inappropriate, not only does it taste vile but also, perhaps unsurprisingly, Type 2 diabetes is rife!

I wonder if that could be a remembrance of the colonists? When I was very young we stayed with an old lady in Fife who didn't think fresh peas were fit to eat unless she threw a large spoonful of sugar in the pot after boiling the life out of them.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 802 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

Sprouts.
Please do not garnish with sprouts.

--------------------

Kittyville
Shipmate
# 16106

- Posted      Profile for Kittyville     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hear, hear, LK! Or even worse - pea shoots. Yuck.
Posts: 263 | From: Sydney | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Different sprouts, but we can never understand why brussels sprouts form a necessary part of the festive Christmas dinner. Best cooked, cooled and then put into the compost bin is our opinion of them.

--------------------

Posts: 6119 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

A salad bar without olives?!?
[Eek!]

Good idea. Olives are quite unnecessary; you can get the same effect anyway simply by rolling candle ends around in salt for a bit.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17192 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So someone ordered pineapple on their pizza, and the cook refused to do it! (Hello Giggles)
[Eek!]

There's a link there to the original tweet, which has a link to a relevant pic. Doesn't look like it's a Hawai'ian pizza (usually ham and pineapple). But still.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?"--Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon"
--"I'm not giving up--and neither should you." --SNL

Posts: 16951 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ketchup.

Especially on eggs. Even the smell of it when someone else is eating it [Projectile]

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7646 | From: Canada, eh? | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

- Posted      Profile for Cottontail   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kingsfold:
quote:
posted by Cottontail:

Are you my long-lost-separated-at-birth twin? [Paranoid]

(though the cucumber ban is more about its repetitive action than taste per se)

I am glad to find you, sister.

I did a church talk recently where I spoke about my three most hated foodstuffs:
3. Pineapple
2. Cucumber
1. Pear
It's fair to say my audience was bewildered (though about 10% shared my cucumber loathing). Indeed, one man was heard to mutter, "That girl needs help."

--------------------
"I don't think you ought to read so much theology," said Lord Peter. "It has a brutalizing influence."

Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Many years ago we were in Gujarat [NW India] and there they put sugar in everything -

I ate in a Gujarati restaurant once (can't remember what city I was in at the time - somewhere in the UK, probably), and remember thinking that the food was quite horribly sweet. I put it down to a bad choice of restaurant, but maybe it was a bad choice of Indian region.
Posts: 4251 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

quote:
Originally posted by Cottontail:
about 10% shared my cucumber loathing

To me cucumber tastes like watermelon, which I like. Trouble is, people often leave the skin on cucumbers. Yuck! Both cucumber and watermelon have to be eaten minus the skin.

I don't think anyone has mentioned rye yet. The devil serves rye bread in hell. I'll eat a Reuben sandwich but on sourdough, please.

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

I'm wondering how the topic of food dislkes came up ina church talk - apart from my liking your dislikes.

--------------------

Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

quote:
Originally posted by Gee D:
I'm wondering how the topic of food dislkes came up ina church talk - apart from my liking your dislikes.

Oh, it was a children's talk about things that make you go 'yuck', and these foods make me go 'yuck'. And that's okay with food, but in Jesus' time, some people thought other people were 'yuck', and wouldn't touch them or anything. But Jesus loved them and touched them and healed them, and nobody is 'yuck' to Jesus. [Smile]

[ 14. March 2017, 22:24: Message edited by: Cottontail ]

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

Thanks, I can see now.

--------------------

sabine
Shipmate
# 3861

- Posted      Profile for sabine   Email sabine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
*bump* I just found a recipe for pineapple cornbread!!

sabine

--------------------
"Hunger looks like the man that hunger is killing." Eduardo Galeano

Posts: 5743 | From: the US Heartland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016