homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Heaven   » PKN anyone? (PechaKucha nights) How about a PK sermon festival?

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: PKN anyone? (PechaKucha nights) How about a PK sermon festival?
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
PechaKucha means a presentation of something with 20 slides (powerpoint or similar) for 20 seconds, total 6 mins 40 secs.

I have seen these at various events where a number of people are presenting on some integrated theme, e.g., research on a public policy topic, environmental advocacy.

I had wondered if the format might do well with churches, particularly with those who are engaged with audio-visual. Can you imagine putting together a sermon of 6 mins 40 seconds duration with 20 slides to show, one of 5 mini-visual sermons and you with a microphone in one hand, and a projector remote?

Why not?

(you may search for the term and come up with all sorts of info)

--------------------
We must learn to live in harmony with nature. If we don't cease believing we can master and dominate it, life on Earth may be crippled or destroyed.
(formerly known more succinctly as "no prophet"), either way not be taken seriously. \_(ツ)_/

Posts: 10035 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Trudy Scrumptious

BBE Shieldmaiden
# 5647

- Posted      Profile for Trudy Scrumptious   Author's homepage   Email Trudy Scrumptious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My friend just did something similar to that except it was called Rapido. I was invited to do one too, but the concept of trying to crunch my thoughts down into such a compact format sort of terrified me. But I think if I'd had the time and mental space to focus on it, it actually would have been a very good discipline.

It's certainly a format I'd like to see some of our ministers try with sermons, as opposed to the "ramble on for forty minutes and hope someone can figure out the point you were making" style that's all too popular in our denomination (and probably others where long sermons are the norm).

--------------------
Books and things.

I lied. There are no things. Just books.

Posts: 7238 | From: Closer to Paris than I am to Vancouver | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016