homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Heaven   » Election and politics relief

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Election and politics relief
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Post here anything you find which is uplifting, unusual and/or shows humanity in a good light.

Lebonese women self-organise to solve rubbish problem

--------------------
my new book: Biblical But Bollocks. Available in all good bookshops.

Diomedes
Shipmate
# 13482

- Posted      Profile for Diomedes   Email Diomedes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This cheered my morning - one for the gardeners and allotment holders.
http://spitalfieldslife.com/2017/06/08/at-cable-st-gardens/

Posts: 110 | From: Essex England | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dunno whether it will cheer anyone else up (it's a bit graveyard humour-ish) but I re-watched the Babylon 5 episode Geometry of Shadows last night.

Green!

Posts: 3716 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Chinese university offers liquor degree.

Sign me up.

Also:
quote:
According to South China Morning Post, Moutai University won't be the first in the country to offer unusual courses. Elsewhere, students can study crayfish preparation, lotteries, or the science of hot noodles.

[ 08. June 2017, 09:41: Message edited by: Ian Climacus ]

Posts: 7212 | From: Albury, Australia | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ian--

Does "the science of hot noodles" equal something like entangled polymers and Brownian motion (PDF from UTK.edu), or perhaps "Researchers engineer shape-shifting noodles" (Technology.org)?
[Cool]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?"--Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon"
--"I'm not giving up--and neither should you." --SNL

Posts: 17249 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jane--

quote:
Originally posted by Jane R:
Dunno whether it will cheer anyone else up (it's a bit graveyard humour-ish) but I re-watched the Babylon 5 episode Geometry of Shadows last night.

Green!

Oh, yes, that was a good one--particularly because it was the first appearance of a certain fascinating group.
[Smile]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?"--Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon"
--"I'm not giving up--and neither should you." --SNL

Posts: 17249 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016