homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Heaven   » Welcome home!

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Welcome home!
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This week is Moving Week for Miss Amanda as she leaves her recently-sold condo and settles into a new rental apartment.

Right now I'm surrounded by boxes. I hate living this way and am looking forward to unpacking as quickly as I can in the new place.

This morning I received an e-mail from an apartment rental website I browsed to. The e-mail has helpful hints for easing the burden of the move: how to deal with keys, how to move pets, how to make new friends in the new place, etc.

My sister gave me the best advice of all: Set up the bedroom first, so whatever else happens you'll be able to get a good night's sleep.

What helpful hints do Shipmates have for making a move to a new place as stress-free as possible?

Feel free to be witty.

--------------------
"It used to be that being crazy meant something. But not anymore – nowadays everybody's crazy!" – Charles Manson

Posts: 10297 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mine would be to make sure you only take the things to your new house that will actually fit there and you actually want. We've just been talking about how we had to get rid of a very useful desk and sofa, not to mention a bookcase when we downsized to this place, and we could ahve done with being even more ruthless.
And make sure any rubbish from the old house is cleared away before the removal men come. I once had a black plastic stuff full of stuff I thought I had left by the dustbin come with me to my new place.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 1926 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
boxes clealy labelled with what room they're supposed to go to

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23064 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Four years ago - the last time I moved - a friend said to me, "Just get the books onto the shelves. Arranging them is a job you can save for a few long winter evenings."

I'm still waiting for the right long winter evenings. But trying to find a book is much more entertaining than it used to be!

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9769 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Set a (small, very small) number of boxes you intend to pack each day. That way, even if you get no more than that (tiny number) done, you can have a virtuous glow of accomplishment--instead of kicking yourself for not doing better. And if you DO get more done, it's gravy.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 19992 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A readily available box with kettle, tea bags, milk and mugs. And biscuits.

Proper tea and a teapot can wait for once.

M.

[ 13. August 2017, 19:30: Message edited by: M. ]

Posts: 2256 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ohher
Shipmate
# 18607

- Posted      Profile for Ohher   Author's homepage   Email Ohher   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Far from witty, but make sure you keep important relevant papers -- rental agreement, bank account & credit card #s, utility phone numbers (shut off at old place, turn on at new), postal change cards, etc. in a a neon-stand-out colored folder which travels with you at all times. Also pharmacy #s if you're on meds needing periodic refills, etc.

--------------------
From the Land of the Native American Brave and the Home of the Buy-One-Get-One-Free

Posts: 261 | From: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would agree with the bedroom sorting. You need to be able to get a sleep once you have actually moved in.

Tea and basics are also important. So you can survive until you have unpacked most stuff.

We also had a spare bedroom, so we put everything we didn't need immediately into there.

If you have any regular medication, make sure you have enough of a supply.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18648 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Along with the tea bags etc., make sure you have a toilet roll, in case the previous residents have meanly taken theirs with them.
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Also a roll of paper towels, and perhaps a light bulb or two.
Pack boxes and label them where they're to go: "Kitchen", etc. Ideally you have an idea of what is to go where in the new place. You could also do this in a two-tier way. The first round is all the items that you will move from the old living room to the new, but will not need to live -- pictures on walls, for instance. This sort of thing can be packed ages, months and weeks, in advance. The last round is the need-right-away stuff, the beds, the sheets, the towels.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 5679 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If you have pets arrange for them to be boarded elsewhere on moving day. Pick them up after you are moved. With all the coming and going they can get lost.

Plan easy take out meal for your first night in your new home. No cooking or putting up with being to tired to go out to eat.

Important papers, meds, and gin stay with you and do not get packed.

Arrange for someone else to clean old home after you have left if you can afford it.

Measure all the rooms and your furniture plan what will fit and where. Moving day is not the time to do interior design work.

Graven Image who is looking to downsize soon. Good Lord Deliver Us.

Posts: 2607 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Polly Plummer:
Along with the tea bags etc., make sure you have a toilet roll, in case the previous residents have meanly taken theirs with them.

I have seen that happen. How uncharitable.

I also know of one person moving in to find all light bulbs had been removed by previous tenants. It is all very well for Brenda to say to have spares. Down here there are two fittings and one will not work in the other. Bayonet style end, or a threaded screw end to the bulb. It may be different where others are. Check before buying.

All mine here have screw ends which seem to me to be less common than bayonet fittings never had those before.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9469 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Graven Image:
Measure all the rooms and your furniture plan what will fit and where. Moving day is not the time to do interior design work.

I have found an application called Smartdraw to be invaluable for planning furniture arrangement.

--------------------
"It used to be that being crazy meant something. But not anymore – nowadays everybody's crazy!" – Charles Manson

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If you can, get into the new place ahead of time and plot or even mark (masking tape) exactly where you want boxes to be stacked. If you don't, people are sure to leave them against the wall, rendering doorways, electrical plugs, and windows inaccessible. If you have target masked-off areas, you have a better chance of being able to close that freaking window (or plug in the hotwater pot) because you left a cunning trail between the towers of boxes.

If you really want to get fancy (and nobody's colorblind), you can use colored masking tape and have everybody just take the boxes-with-red-tape to the area-with-red-tape etc. (and spare people turning stuff upside down to try to read chicken scratch labels).

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 19992 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
quote:
Originally posted by Polly Plummer:

I have seen that happen. How uncharitable.

I also know of one person moving in to find all light bulbs had been removed by previous tenants.

Never mind light bulbs. When my parents moved into their new home a few months before I was born, the previous owners had taken the light flexes as well. They had to call an electrician to put new ones in.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12842 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
quote:

I have found an application called Smartdraw to be invaluable for planning furniture arrangement.
I have something similar. Hours of innocent amusement even when I'm not moving!

--------------------

Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The military moved us every five years, they did the packing themselves in a very slam bam way so it behooved one to have all the linens in one place, etc. Many people told stories of garbage boxed and shipped, but there were also, canned good with lamps and toothbrushes with shoes.

I would start a few weeks prior and go through all closets and cupboards making sure the Air Force wouldn't be needlessly shipping worn out clothes or unloved ornaments. Not even wrong color lipstick. In spite of the randomness I always had every last thing unpacked and in it's place before I went to bed the first night. Sometimes it was three in the morning, but the boxes were flattened and in the trash.

When we moved to England the movers told us that we were allowed 10,000lbs but we only had about 3000, due mainly to me extreme purging. A nice English lady came around a few weeks after we had moved in and wanted to know if I had any old things for the church bazaar. I know she didn't believe me when I said, sorry not a thing, but I knew it was totally true.

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My Dad was a minister, we moved every five years.

Kettle, mugs, milk and tea bags were reverently taken in the car to be first in the house with us.

We also put butter on the cats' paws and kept them in for 10 days, it worked every time, they never strayed.

[Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 12683 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

You'll all be glad to know that I've followed most of your advice.

I cleaned out drawers, cupboards and closets weeks ago, and also began packing at that time. I'm down to the last box now, and moving day is this Thursday. I'm totally ready!

I pick up the keys tomorrow, so I'll have two days to do whatever needs to be done in the new, totally vacant apartment before the movers arrive. I will carry over medications and personal papers to the new place myself, and will probably grocery-shop beforehand so that fridge and cupboards are fully stocked.

The biggest mistake I ever made in a move was to pay to have the movers unpack for me. I was totally surrounded all at once by my possessions and felt completely overwhelmed.

--------------------

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by leo:
boxes clealy labelled with what room they're supposed to go to

So that when you move again, you can move the labelled, unpacked boxes into the correct room? This was our experience I'm afraid.

My wife, bless her, says that when we move again, each room gets one box and one box alone. The contents may be kept for one year (the seasonal variation here being great makes this reasonable), and things not used must go.

Best wishes on settling in Miss A.

--------------------
Maybe I should stop to consider that I'm not worthy of an epiphany and just take what life has to offer
(formerly was just "no prophet") \_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11085 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I moved about 3 months ago. One of the things I found helpful once I was in was to do a jigsaw puzzle. Rather than stress about unpacking everything, it was an activity that was distracting and cathartic. I was able to take a break from the business of unpacking, make a cup of coffee and just forget about the stress I’d had in the month leading up to the move.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3708 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Unpack basic kitchen items first - kettle, toaster, microwave (if you use one) and make sure fridge has basics to make meals for 1 day.

Then bedroom.

Biggest tip: flatten empty boxes and get out of flat once empty - it will cheer you up and give you extra space.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4686 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nobody has mentioned curtains yet. Make sure you put curtains up ASAP, especially in the bedroom

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12842 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
nickel
Shipmate
# 8363

- Posted      Profile for nickel   Email nickel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When you're unpacking, make sure that any crinkly paper, no matter how flat it looks, is in fact empty before being tossed into the trashcan. Ever since our last move, we've missed our beloved church key that had a magnet glued to it. I can think of no other way we'd have lost such a valuable tool. The side of our refrigerator still looks empty without it.
Posts: 545 | From: Virginia USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When I moved across the water from Birkenhead to Liverpool I took a domesticated late teen lad with me and he was brilliant at organising, arranging and unpacking - and he had loads of energy. He sorted the kitchen perfectly and I never had to change his arrangement in all the years I was there.

Highly recommended!

I took him out for a nice meal that evening, cheap at half the price!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I once heard a recently-widowed lady talk about when she moved: she looked at all the stuff in her new kitchen and was almost in tears, couldn't think where to start with putting it away. Then the cleaning lady said "I'll put it away wrong, and then later you can do it right"- the perfect response. It often takes someone with no personal connection to the problem to see the way out!
wild haggis
Shipmate
# 15555

- Posted      Profile for wild haggis         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Some of my hints have been said already. But here goes.
We moved 4 months ago from one end of the country to the other! I hate moving but married to a minister, being and ex-missionary!!! It is so nice to have our own wee home now in Dragon land.

Never pack yourself, you will get back ache and bad temper. For me that is a golden rule we have used in several moves. Buy a moving package with your removal men and they will do it and save you time and hassle.They are the experts and you will be covered by their insurance if a breakage does occur (rare in my experience). You won't if you do it by yourself.The boxes will be labelled for you with what you ask them to put. Then they are put into the correct rooms when you get there. Honestly it really is worth the money. Moving is stressful anyway why give yourself more stress?

Always have a box of basics in your car: tea/coffee, milk, sugar, biscuits, bread, butter and a kettle. You can always add the microwave too and a couple of microwavable meals if there are no shops near at hand. Don't forget mugs, cutlery and plates to eat off - the bed would get messy otherwise.

When you unpack, do kitchen first and then bedroom, bathroom and living room. Other rooms can wait. Yes, I agree shove the books into bookcases and you can sort them later. Same with DVDs/CDs etc. Unpack the necessities first.

You need food, wash and sleep. The rest can wait.

We had the problem moving from a big manse to our own little house. We had to get rid of so much stuff to charity shops, furniture projects etc. There were a difficult and sad decisions to make.

Then when we arrived...........you've guessed it! More trips to give stuff to the charity shops that we couldn't fit into our new house.

Now we are settled..................

--------------------
wild haggis

Posts: 108 | From: Cardiff | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Well, I'm in! All unpacked, everything put away, everything went very smoothly. I'll hang pictures tomorrow. Right now I'm ready for bed!

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sleep well, Miss Amanda--you're home! [Smile]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?"--Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon"
--"I'm not giving up--and neither should you." --SNL

Posts: 17997 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Great! [Yipee]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
May your new home be a place of peace, joy, laughter, and good health to you and all who enter in. [Votive]
Posts: 2607 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bless your home and all who reside in her [Axe murder]
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Author's homepage   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
May your new home be a place of peace, joy, laughter, and good health to you and all who enter in. [Votive]

Amen! Welcome home! [Axe murder]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 17837 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Thank you. You can browse here if you'd like to see what the place looks like.

--------------------

Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

My goodness! That's a beautiful place you have there.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Congratulations! That looks remarkably similar to the apartment where I lived when I first moved to Arizona -- but in a different part of the Valley.

--------------------
Don't keep calm. Go change the world.

Posts: 9461 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

So neat and put together for having just moved. You planned well Miss Amanda.
Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
So neat and put together for having just moved. You planned well Miss Amanda.

Thank you for inviting us into your new home.
It looks so comfortable.
May you enjoy every day of your life there!
GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Posts: 2604 | From: Matarangi | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lovely peaceful environment and very appealing apartment. Congratulations!

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 498 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm impressed at how much you've done in a short space of time, and a pool too. Not that one would be any good in a similar complex here in the UK.
Enjoy your new life in a new place.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 1926 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:

It's fabulous - and I'm very jealous of your pool!

And you're a girl! I thought you were a boy! (A man to be reckoned with ) [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:

And you're a girl! I thought you were a boy! (A man to be reckoned with ) [Smile]

He wasn't a girl when I saw him a couple of months ago!

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

To paraphrase Mark Twain: Rumors of a sex change operation have been greatly exaggerated.

--------------------

Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well! Miss Amanda is very handsome, has a delightful, perfectly organized apartment complete with musical instruments, corner cupboard with nifty curios and a pool. The complex must be all aflutter over the new resident.

Best wishes!

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Author's homepage   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I love your new digs!! Your quilt is just beautiful! Hoping this will be a home of great happiness for you! <3

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 17837 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

The quilt is hand-made Amish. I love it too.

--------------------

Trudy Scrumptious

BBE Shieldmaiden
# 5647

- Posted      Profile for Trudy Scrumptious   Author's homepage   Email Trudy Scrumptious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, absolutely lovely digs! May you be very happy there.

--------------------
Books and things.

I lied. There are no things. Just books.

Posts: 7360 | From: Closer to Paris than I am to Vancouver | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

- Posted      Profile for Pangolin Guerre   Email Pangolin Guerre   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I say, as one about to move, that I admire (well, am envious of) the order you imposed with such alacrity. Digs and complex look really quite civilised. Well done.
Posts: 656 | From: 30 arpents de neige | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow, congrats on the new apartment, Miss Amanda. It looks wonderful.

Health to enjoy, as they say!

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 9953 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

But do you still have a red shower curtain for Pentecost?

--------------------

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016