homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Heaven   » A little piece of me (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: A little piece of me
sabine
Shipmate
# 3861

- Posted      Profile for sabine   Email sabine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pangolin Guerre:
What purpose would it serve? Condiment of some sort?

Since I'm allergic to milk, any substitute to use in baking (and some cooking) is needed if I wish to bake. The chickpea liquid could well be a good substitute. I plan to try it.

sabine

--------------------
"Hunger looks like the man that hunger is killing." Eduardo Galeano

Posts: 5790 | From: the US Heartland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
sabine
Shipmate
# 3861

- Posted      Profile for sabine   Email sabine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A big thanks to all of you for your suggestion about the chickpea water and vegan cream. Much appreciated.

sabine

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Google around -- there are masses of sites and recipes. No point in reinventing the wheel, right? Also, pictures!

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 5200 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
sabine
Shipmate
# 3861

quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Clough:
Google around -- there are masses of sites and recipes. No point in reinventing the wheel, right? Also, pictures!

For the chickpea thing?

I've spent years finding non-chickpea-water recipes for my milk and soy allergies and also $$$ buying cookbooks for same (I could probably start a blog if I had time. [Smile] ) I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I was just starting out with this. I've known about my allergies for 40 years.

But I'm fascinated with the chickpeas. I eat them quite a bit; now I know I have been tossing perfectly good water.

sabine

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here, for instance, are 20 thrilling vegan things to do with aquafaba. Hazelnut almond dacquoise, who would have thought?!?

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 5200 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
sabine
Shipmate
# 3861

quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Clough:
Here, for instance, are 20 thrilling vegan things to do with aquafaba. Hazelnut almond dacquoise, who would have thought?!?

I'm drooling!! Thank you. [Smile]

sabine

--------------------

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't do dairy either. I think the trick to things like this is to not expect non-dairy things to resemble dairy. Appreciate them in their own way.

I have made slightly sweetened mildly curried aquafaba, with chopped dried cranberries with a sprinkling of coconut on top. One of those weirdly mindbending flavour things which we'll repeat.

Posts: 10639 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016