homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Heaven   » Inner Child

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Inner Child
HCH
Shipmate
# 14313

- Posted      Profile for HCH   Email HCH   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Do you think of yourself as having an inner child? Or more than one? If so, how old is the child? Of which sex (matching or different)?
Posts: 1498 | From: Illinois, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've always been twelve.

--------------------
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life,nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Posts: 3115 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Inner Child? I don't have an Outer Adult.

--------------------
So goodnight moon, I want the sun
If it's not here soon, I might be done
No it won't be too soon 'til I say goodnight moon

- A. N. Parsley, D. Mcvinni

Posts: 16963 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I suspect I have an inner adult.

I have multiple inner children. all the same gender, but one is very young, before I was ill. The most common is early 20s. Who wants to have a whole lot of fun.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18647 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ohher
Shipmate
# 18607

- Posted      Profile for Ohher   Author's homepage   Email Ohher   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My inner child is about 8 or 9, is totally immersed in books, wants nothing quite so much as to be left alone to read, but is unfortunately plagued and constantly interrupted by the demands of RL.

--------------------
From the Land of the Native American Brave and the Home of the Buy-One-Get-One-Free

Posts: 261 | From: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes - the key to spiritual 'progress' is to 'become like a little child.'

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23064 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My inner child isn't hidden, she's around all the time for everyone to see.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 12679 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I AM my inner child.

Which is why my desk has all the cool stuff to mess with, and visiting children want to come see.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 19992 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a Muse instead. She is a morning person.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 5676 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It is so wonderful to have an inner child inside my saggy butt, spare tire, farting body, which pretends that a 4 year old is smarter than me, and finds me when I am in my hiding place, somehow giving away my location when we are playing hide and go seek (it is called hide and seek in other places, somehow we have to to "go").

There is something lovely about being with a child who enjoys the sound of farts and so genuinely pretends that it is really really stinky. Hasn't everyone played "pull my thumb"? Try it with your husband or wife if no child is available, then chase each other through the house, using mobility aides like canes and walkers if necessary, and do some giggling for no reason until milk comes out of your nose.

So, no, I don't have any semblance of an inner child. None at all. (yes you do)(no I don't)(yes you do)(no I don't)(yes you do)(no I don't){repeat until someone farts}

Posts: 11082 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Author's homepage   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, my inner child doesn't hide very often! My outer adult is very ticked that the inner child can't do some of the things she wants to, like go tubing on the Ichetucknee! And jump from rock to rock! And ride roller coasters!

She is about twelve years old.

My mother only recently became older than me. She was sixteen for most of my adult life.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 17834 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
BroJames
Shipmate
# 9636

- Posted      Profile for BroJames   Email BroJames   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My inner child is a fantasy climber (I'm a happy tree climber and rock scrambler IRL - but nothing serious). I have whiled away dull moment in cathedrals by plotting a route from ground to triforium - Durham is appealing for that, and I often look at a building or structure and think how would I climb that.
Posts: 3245 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by leo:
Yes - the key to spiritual 'progress' is to 'become like a little child.'

I can sit in the supermarket aisle and scream if that helps.

That is a really complex quote, because there are only certain aspects of childhood that help, Otherwise the Tangerine onw would be a guru.

I think it is largely about that sense of exploration and adventure, the possibilities ahead. It is about losing the cynicism that later life produces.

My inner child features in my dreams a lot - still at school, just about finished, I think. But maybe they are his nightmares. My inner child still wants to go clubbing at Greenbelt, but my outer adult sees that I am 2.5-3 times as old as anyone else there.

I hope my inner child never grows up through. He definately wants to live and have fun still.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18647 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My inner child has always been greedy for sugar and sleeping long hours. I often wish she had been strangled at birth.

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 9953 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My inner child is about 13 or so, and enjoys anything to do with bodily functions.

--------------------
Human

Posts: 1188 | From: Romsey, Vic, AU | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by simontoad:
My inner child is about 13 or so, and enjoys anything to do with bodily functions.

Pull my thumb?

--------------------
Maybe I should stop to consider that I'm not worthy of an epiphany and just take what life has to offer
(formerly was just "no prophet") \_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11082 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My inner child is possibly somewhere between 6-8 and spends an inordinate amount of time outside and preferably up trees, in rivers or among the fells....
mark_in_manchester

not waving, but...
# 15978

- Posted      Profile for mark_in_manchester   Email mark_in_manchester   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mine reacts badly to authority and is still seeking approval from substitute father figures. It's all a bit much at my age.

--------------------
"We are punished by our sins, not for them" - Elbert Hubbard
(so good, I wanted to see it after my posts and not only after those of shipmate JBohn from whom I stole it)

Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
thanks for the reminder....as an addition, my inner child is usually getting told off. Mostly for arguing or fighting.

sigh

[ 19. September 2017, 15:17: Message edited by: Ethne Alba ]

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016