homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Heaven   » Support for Anglican seminary in El Salvador

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Support for Anglican seminary in El Salvador
Al Eluia

Inquisitor
# 864

- Posted      Profile for Al Eluia   Email Al Eluia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm working on a project that I thought some Shipmates might want to help with.

This past year the Anglican Episcopal Church in El Salvador (IAES) launched its own seminary. The IAES is a diocese within the Province of Central America. Currently the IAES has eight priests serving 18 congregations. The article linked below from Episcopal Cafe gives some more detail about the school.

A seminary is born in El Salvador

Currently I'm chairing the El Salvador Companion Committee for the Diocese of Olympia (western Washington state), which has an informal companion relationship with the diocese of El Salvador. On a tour of their facilities last year I noted that their library could really use some strengthening so that the students can have the best resources available. At my suggestion the Dean of the Seminary and diocesan staff have set up an Amazon wish list. If any of you would like to purchase one or more titles to contribute, you can do so through this link:

Seminary wish list

If you don't read Spanish, try right-clicking on the page and choosing "Translate to English." Please note that prices listed are in Euros.

Your assistance will be thoroughly appreciated!

--------------------
Consider helping out the Anglican Seminary in El Salvador with a book or two! https://www.amazon.es/registry/wishlist/YDAZNSAWWWBT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_ep_ws_7IRSzbD16R9RQ
https://www.episcopalcafe.com/a-seminary-is-born-in-el-salvador/

Posts: 1151 | From: Seattle | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Al Eluia

Inquisitor
# 864

- Posted      Profile for Al Eluia   Email Al Eluia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
ALSO:

This address can be entered for the shipping address (direccion de envio):

47 av. Sur #723
Col. Flor Blanca
San Salvador, El Salvador

--------------------
Consider helping out the Anglican Seminary in El Salvador with a book or two! https://www.amazon.es/registry/wishlist/YDAZNSAWWWBT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_ep_ws_7IRSzbD16R9RQ
https://www.episcopalcafe.com/a-seminary-is-born-in-el-salvador/

Posts: 1151 | From: Seattle | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trudy Scrumptious

BBE Shieldmaiden
# 5647

- Posted      Profile for Trudy Scrumptious   Author's homepage   Email Trudy Scrumptious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
While this is certainly a worthy cause, Hostly guidance suggests that if every Shipmate started a thread for every worthy cause we support, we would be overrun. Therefore, we suggest you do the same as many Shipmates are already doing for various causes -- create a signature that briefly explains what you'd like people to support, with a link to where they can find out more and donate if so moved. Then, every time you post, you're spreading the word.

With that advice, I'm closing this thread.

Trudy, Scrumptious Heavenly Host

--------------------
Books and things.

I lied. There are no things. Just books.

Posts: 7373 | From: Closer to Paris than I am to Vancouver | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016