homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Heaven   » Jalsa Salana convention in Guildford in July

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Jalsa Salana convention in Guildford in July
Meconopsis
Apprentice
# 18146

- Posted      Profile for Meconopsis   Email Meconopsis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was wondering if any shipmates attended?
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ITTWACW!

(Jalsa Salana is a Muslim festival, I believe).

IJ

--------------------
The future is another country - they might do things differently there...

Posts: 9168 | From: Passing The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, at least you saved me from Googling. I might have expected to see that on the specials part on the menu of the local curry house. [Yipee]

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3700 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Being in a Helpful Mood, here's a linky:

https://www.jalsasalana.org.uk/

Quite why the OPer thinks any Shipmate may have visited, I know not, though it's good to learn about other faiths.

Mecanopsis, why the question?

IJ

--------------------
The future is another country - they might do things differently there...

Posts: 9168 | From: Passing The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Meconopsis
Apprentice
# 18146

- Posted      Profile for Meconopsis   Email Meconopsis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It looks to me as if they have made some attempts to reach out to find commonality with other religions. I wondered if any Christians on the Ship had been interested enough to go?
Meconopsis
Apprentice
# 18146

Rina Wolfson from the Jewish Chronicle wrote a very nice piece. Her main question was "where are the journalists". I would like to see it discussed here (maybe in Purgatory?)

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016