homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Grandson of FLP (Famous Last Posts!) (Page 0)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  156  157  158 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Grandson of FLP (Famous Last Posts!)
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Killing me]

Bet he (i.e. the Patriarch) didn't get anywhere, though.

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eutychus:
Abraham was testing Martin60

"Oh Martin! Will you sweep away the intelligible amid the unintelligible? What if there are five non-enigmatic ideas in your prose? Will you really drown them out and not spare other Shipmates for the sake of those five actual ideas?"

[Two face]

[Overused]

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eggnog Piglet
A small consumer of too much eggnog? A piglet made of eggnog? An Eggnog made of Piglet?
Or does Pooh not know of punctuation?

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eggnog Boogie

Too much of the former, the latter ensues!

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Shake it all about:... Boogie

Seems about right. [Yipee]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is it really the last Wet Kipper

If so, I'm not sure whether to be disappointed or relieved.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Royal Wedding: whose piglet?
Corgis, I’d have expected...

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All scripture is given Nick Tamen

Do you think he'll share any of it?

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

What has gone wrong...Schroedinger's cat

You peeked, didn't you.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Tea and biscuits or... Wesley J

One doesn't exclude the other. Except that I am quite partial to the two former one, and thus there might be none left...! [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Oops... Service booklet... (Baptist Trainfan)

Timetable misprinted?

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is it really the last ... Jedijudy

Surely there's only one. [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Young, scrappy, and ... Ian Climacus just doesn't sound right. Not the Ian we know and love. Well, except the young bit.

(Nice to see you back in form, IC [Axe murder] )

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

At last, Evangelicals Moo

...thus joining the barnyard chorus of the oinking Catholics, the crowing Orthodox, the bleating Anglicans, and all the mainline hee-hawing.

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

How would you read Lamb Chopped

Is that the carnivore's version of tea leaves?

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The prayers of the Tree Bee

has a nice feel to it

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:
The prayers of the Tree Bee

has a nice feel to it

[Smile]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Find your inner chef... Baptist Trainfan

... in the buffet car?

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Spiritual abuse is... Moo

Holy cow! [Eek!]

--------------------

Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, it may relate to that whole ‘animal noises’ thing from a few years ago...

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What constitutes a balaam

1. Having a talking donkey.
2. Not being called Shrek.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What constitutes a Schroedinger's cat

Tricky. As I understand it, if we look to find out it will disappear.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

What constitutes a Martha

I'm pretty sure I've sat through this sermon, more than once.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tea and biscuits or Bishops Finger

Uh, I'll take the tea and biscuits, please. (Is this the relics thread?)

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

Where does your father Pigwidgeon

I'd have to ask him what that even means, let alone where he does it!

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

My birthplace is more Less and fewer
Um, what?

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Rosa Gallica officinalis
Shipmate
# 3886

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Gallica officinalis   Email Rosa Gallica officinalis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How often do you clean... L'organist

He gets a bath once a year whether he needs it or not.

--------------------
Come for tea, come for tea, my people.

Posts: 874 | From: The Hemlock Hideout | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
... but showers daily!

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How often do you clean Baptist Trainfan

After the train has gone through a tunnel with windows open he will certainly need it.

[aside]Ah, the romance of steam[/aside]

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
New ship and new boards Moo

Is there no end to the delights which await us at the relaunch??

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

The prayers of the Telepath

I wonder how that will go down at the next Communion service?

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Rosa Gallica officinalis
Shipmate
# 3886

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Gallica officinalis   Email Rosa Gallica officinalis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The prayers of the Erroneus Monk
were addressed to the wrong deity, and therefore answered with disastrous consequences.

--------------------
Come for tea, come for tea, my people.

Posts: 874 | From: The Hemlock Hideout | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Julian of Norwich and silent... venbede

Women power made him shut up?

[ 25. January 2018, 10:54: Message edited by: Wesley J ]

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Speaking the Name of...Martin60

If you do it in the mirror 3 times, he won't appear, but you may be mocked for thinking he might.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Admitting to yourself you... Orb

You say that as if it was a bad thing!

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

New vicar changes Gamaliel

Can we get the old vicar back, then?

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

quote:
Originally posted by Eutychus:
What constitutes a Martha

I'm pretty sure I've sat through this sermon, more than once.

Is that the one that made you fall out the window?

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Admitting to yourself... hatless

So you forgot your headgear again!

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No Whisky Priests here...Evensong

Well, quite. Can't have the Rersicles and Vesponses all slurred, now can we?

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Where did Pilate get... Bishops Finger

A question that has puzzled scientists throughout the ages.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Just pick it up and... Curiosity killed ...

That's one way of looking at it. Before picking it up, please check that it's safe, though!

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

Where did Pilate get Lamb Chopped

I assume his personal cook would have chopped it for him.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Philosophy, and Being... lilBuddha

Certainly helps!

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

When Google Fails You:... Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Quite! [Overused]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

All scripture is given... mousethief

Hey, I want some, too! [Eek!]

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Do I have a Divisional Boogie

Divisive, maybe. But needs work before representing the division.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

Do you recognize this Bishop's Finger

Well, if you know it's a bishop's finger, it must have an episcopal ring on it. Can you just show me the ring and not the finger, please?

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

[Eek!]

IJ

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can living equines Boogie?

Of course they can - dressage!

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
Can living equines Boogie?

Of course they can - dressage!

If only Kenwritez were with us. I feel sure he would produce an "Interpretive Dance for Equines" routine. I don't think Martha Graham ever tried, but who knows.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  156  157  158 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016