homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Grandson of FLP (Famous Last Posts!) (Page 131)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  128  129  130  131  132  133  134  ...  156  157  158 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Grandson of FLP (Famous Last Posts!)
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Vicious Sioni Sais

No, not at all, he is a really gentle guy.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On a scale of 1 to The5thMary

In a warped sort of way, that makes even more sense. I wonder what sort of values The3rdMary, The6thMary and so on represent?

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eutychus:
On a scale of 1 to The5thMary

In a warped sort of way, that makes even more sense. I wonder what sort of values The3rdMary, The6thMary and so on represent?

I saw this too, and figured it was a way of keeping score on the number of Marys present in various pericopes in the Gospels.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cream Suits and Tea (the giant cheeseburger)

Erm... thank you, I'll keep to the scones! [Eek!]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Vicious Evensong

Yes, that choir doesn't have the best reputation indeed.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
North Dakota, abortion, porridge

What are... things I hope to never experience personally?

(OK, I'm not serious about the North Dakota one. And I un-capitalized Porridge to be clear I meant the thing and not the shipmate!)

[ 05. May 2013, 20:13: Message edited by: churchgeek ]

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

Single women treated to the pain

...otherwise known as "pick-up lines."

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

I don't approve of... no prophet

You'll like the Old Testament, then!

--------------------

seasick

...over the edge
# 48

- Posted      Profile for seasick   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How to "improve"...Custard

Fewer lumps?

--------------------
We believe there is, and always was, in every Christian Church, ... an outward priesthood, ordained by Jesus Christ, and an outward sacrifice offered therein. - John Wesley

Posts: 5769 | From: A world of my own | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
NIMH turns away from orfeo.

You gotta give them some chance at success...

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

New Leader for British... Baptist Trainfan

A new engine, we hope?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Zach82, over here you... Porridge

Yup, that'll work as a non-obscene descriptor!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

Word of God? Moo

Good a word as any, I suppose.

--------------------

orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
NIMH turns away from orfeo.

You gotta give them some chance at success...

Eh?

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(National Institute of Mental Health)

(I was implying you were too tough a case for them.)

[ 12. May 2013, 06:26: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

How to "improve" Ad Orientem

I'd start by approaching from the west, then he won't see you coming.

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

Youth of today boogie

Is that like saying they rock?

--------------------

Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Are Baptist changing Matt Black

Yeah - and then we're coming for you!!!

(After a task force has been appointed and a report received, the conclusions of which will be put to the next church meeting, requiring at least a 2/3 majority, before it proceeds to the implementation group who will begin to put plans together for this to be rolled out in the next few years - as the Lord guides us..)

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The head, the heart... The Midge

Swat it! Fast!! [Smile]

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

the youth of today... Leaf

It's all those ads: they get swayed like by wind, and buy, buy, buy!

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The head, the heart and the gut moo

Some awful indigestion there!

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

Are we going to be Karl: Liberal Backslider

Can't we just leave it to Karl, and let the rest of us be ourselves?

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
The head, the heart and the gut moo

Some awful indigestion there!

[Killing me] [Overused]

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

Corpus Christi (Bishop's Finger)

Hmm, that's an interesting, but probably heretical, take on "Where the Bishop is, there is the Church."

--------------------

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Annunaki and extra-terrestrial... Marvin the Martian

A catchy title, although there's a bit of redundancy in there. And I'm sure that at the end of the story, the Martian zaps them all the way back to Niburu with his laser.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Annunaki and extra-terrestrial Leaf
For certain definitions of leaf, this brings that thread into the light a bit more.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

How can a committee say you're... no prophet

That's right, only God can appoint you as such.

--------------------

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We are subject to our Barnabas62

Well we certainly are if we are posting in Purgatory where he wields the hostly power!

[ 22. May 2013, 11:15: Message edited by: Lucia ]

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

It's Geek to me: Translating Eutychus

Fortunate, well-fated.

Oh, you said Geek?

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ugh (geroff)

[Killing me]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

(Excuse me for being thick, but would 'geroff' be 'get off' in some kind of Cockney accent?)

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LeRoc:
(Excuse me for being thick, but would 'geroff' be 'get off' in some kind of Cockney accent?)

Dunno about Cockney, but it's used that way by garden gnomes in Harry Potter.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

quote:
mousethief: Dunno about Cockney, but it's used that way by garden gnomes in Harry Potter.
Ah, I didn't watch those films. Thank you.

--------------------

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The use of satire in Doublethink

So one version is the true one and the other is the satirical one?

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Emily Thyme

It's Emily Thyme!

(I just thought that was kinda cute.)

--------------------

Avila
Shipmate
# 15541

- Posted      Profile for Avila   Email Avila   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Burnt Offerings recipe... Laud-able

It may be but would prefer the unburnt version

--------------------
http://aweebleswonderings.blogspot.com/

Posts: 1305 | From: west midlands | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Paul & the Exorcized... hatless

Must have been a hair-raising experience!

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can One Be a Cafeteria anteater

Yes, I'm sure, but you'll get some funny looks!

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

- Posted      Profile for the giant cheeseburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We are subject to our Marvin the Martian.

All hail [Overused]

--------------------
If I give a homeopathy advocate a really huge punch in the face, can the injury be cured by giving them another really small punch in the face?

Posts: 4834 | From: Adelaide, South Australia. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
Can One Be a Cafeteria anteater

Yes, I'm sure, but you'll get some funny looks!

I hear the UN wants us to eat insects. Fits right in. [Biased]

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Acceptance of a Gay Hawk

Unlikely. Poor thing would probably be pecked and clawed to death.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

USA to charge fee to... the giant cheeseburger

For potentially causing obesity? Good.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

USA to charge fee to... no prophet

Indeed. And that's perhaps why there's plenty of them there. Mostly self-appointed ones, though.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Paul & the Exorcized daronmedway

Nice imagery there.

--------------------

Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Would you eat insects? Pine Marten
From what I hear pine martens eat anything that's offered.

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the giant cheeseburger:
We are subject to our Marvin the Martian.

All hail [Overused]

Damn straight.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Acceptance of a Gay... Hawk

Everyone's free to choose their bird.

--------------------

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

Someone Please Call... Sine Nomine

How do you call someone who doesn't have a name?

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

Contains all mousethief

I don't think he can be contained.

--------------------

ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The All New Mornington piglet

what are the powers of a mornington piglet?

[ 31. May 2013, 07:09: Message edited by: FooloftheShip ]

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  128  129  130  131  132  133  134  ...  156  157  158 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016