homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Grandson of FLP (Famous Last Posts!) (Page 141)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  138  139  140  141  142  143  144  ...  156  157  158 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Grandson of FLP (Famous Last Posts!)
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Which jobs make you... Heavenly Anarchist

That's what I would like to know!

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Which jobs make you... Schroedinger's cat

You work for Schroedinger and are a cat?

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wesley J:
Which jobs make you... Schroedinger's cat

You work for Schroedinger and are a cat?

That seems dangerous. Or not.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Query about Anglican seasick

Uh, I don't think I want to know.

[ETS Silly stuff]

[ 22. March 2014, 14:06: Message edited by: jedijudy ]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Caribbean nations seek Eliab

They seek him here, they seek him there
Those Caribbeans seek him everywhere

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Keep Calm and Carry... Welease Woderwick

Has he eaten too much again and cannae walk?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can anyone recommend Ian Climacus

Yeah, I reckon he's a good guy.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
goperryrevs
Shipmtae
# 13504

- Posted      Profile for goperryrevs   Author's homepage   Email goperryrevs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fuck you Hawaiian Ken

Someone's got stroppy playing with their Barbie dolls...

[ 24. March 2014, 09:14: Message edited by: goperryrevs ]

--------------------
"Keep your eye on the donut, not on the hole." - David Lynch

Posts: 2098 | From: Midlands | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

US evangelical pastor... mousethief

Now THAT is quite unorthodox! [Help]

--------------------

luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Unexpected item in Chocoholic
A vegetable? [Eek!]

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

- Posted      Profile for Chocoholic     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That wouldn't be unexpected, that would be miraculous!
Posts: 773 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Are you my twin?

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fucking homophobic orfeo

There are no end of things I could say about how wrong that phrase is...

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

From Sea to Sea to Horseman Bree

Hey, that rhymes AND scans! It's neither rap nor 21st century pop, then.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
From Sea to Sea to Horseman Bree

Hey, that rhymes AND scans! It's neither rap nor 21st century pop, then.

Doesn't make sense though. Early PoMo.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

- Posted      Profile for Chocoholic     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
While I wouldn't usually put one up about myself...

What would you like Chocoholic

Well, if you're offering... A bar of Lindt would go down nicely, maybe followed by a G&T?

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, dear, oh dear. Yes, a true chocoholic will take whatever is available in a pinch, but to ask for such pedestrian fodder... [Disappointed]

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Darn you, now I'm craving Maya Gold (Erin got me on that).

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Prayers of the Faithful Bene Gesserit

I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer....

--------------------

Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

I know lilBuddha, but I do love Lindt milk chocolate, Green and Blacks milk is also a favourite.

Have you tried Montezuma, Lamb Chopped? The chilli and lime sounds odd but is gorgeous

[ 30. March 2014, 21:08: Message edited by: Chocoholic ]

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mmmmmm. Maybe we should start a chocolate thread....

--------------------

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, you should. Such things perennially appear in Heaven, but not here.
—Ariston, enchocolated Circus host

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Thou shalt not covet pimple

Trust me, I have never coveted acne.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

How to solve the UK's... Jonah the Whale

Isn't that role of the Prince of Whales?

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Every woman is a little quetzalcoatl.

Oh, is this the new thing? I am not a Real Woman unless I am a small South American bird?

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pockets in Women's porridge.
Now this is getting excessive.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The disciple whom Jesus Lamb Chopped

Ouch!!!

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

Is that a gentler form of karate chopping, or is it some sacrificial rite?

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Can you choose what... pimple

If so: none for me, please.

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Everlasting Raptor Eye

...will keep giving you that look long after the rest of the carcass has rotted away.

[Eek!]

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Two for the price of ken

Two what? West Ham fans? Tories?

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

In Praise of IngoB! (IngoB)

A song in the making? A hymn, even?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Disgusting food combinations Kitten

...with meringue?

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Antisocial Alto
Shipmate
# 13810

- Posted      Profile for Antisocial Alto   Email Antisocial Alto   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Homeless Jesus strikes deano

I would buy a ticket to that.

Posts: 601 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

- Posted      Profile for Alban   Email Alban   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praise and Thanksgiving To The Pain
I prefer to praise the Lord, myself.

--------------------
Whoever you are, wherever you go, Hophtrig is your friend!

Posts: 722 | From: Under a (long white) cloud | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

Do people want to watch lilBuddha

It depends, what else is on? And is she doing a song and dance?

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Is One's Sexual Orientation Starlight?

Yes, and moonlight and sunlight and a great joy!

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Reading is a discount... Twilight

'Don't read in twilight', I was always told. 'You'll to hurt your eyes.' But what about discount twilight then?

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Two for the price of lilBuddha
What?! I am worth more than two.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:

Two what?

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:

Two what?
Two claps of the one hand? Or one clap of the two hands (for the more conventionally minded)?

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Circumcision (Mere Nick)

'nuff said.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No prophet in London (curiosity killed)

Is this Yoda-speak ("Curiosity killed no prophet in London," meaning the London prophets are incurious but otherwise OK?) or lazy grammar ("There are no more prophets in London; their curiosity killed them all")? And which would be worse? [Paranoid]

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Being niggardly with Holy Smoke

The altar guild has just got to open up the purse strings for more incense.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

Is music really all Boogie

No, there's folk, pop, jazz, rock and a lot more besides.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The parable of the Moo

The sheep and goats are better known, but cows?

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

In Praise of IngoB! (Left at the Altar)

If only that thread was! [Help]

--------------------

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Parable of the Autenrieth Road

The kingdom of heaven is as if there was a street in a wealthy suburb of New York City. At one end of the street, at the top of the hill, was an Episcopal church. At the other end of the street, at the bottom of the hill, was a Baptist church. The Episcopal church stands in a cemetery. The Baptist church stands near a park. The End.

(This is all completely true, except perhaps the attribution that this like the kingdom of heaven.)

[ 26. April 2014, 23:17: Message edited by: Autenrieth Road ]

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Royal Commission into Evensong

...aired publicly on BBC Radio on Wednesday afternoon?

--------------------

orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is music really all orfeo

Finally. A thread title that matches with my chosen name. Yes, I'm behind it all.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  138  139  140  141  142  143  144  ...  156  157  158 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016