homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Grandson of FLP (Famous Last Posts!) (Page 142)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  139  140  141  142  143  144  145  ...  156  157  158 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Grandson of FLP (Famous Last Posts!)
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is nepotism alive and... seekingsister

If it is, I hope it won't find her!

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Dungeon Master's Doublethink

"No, see, you can't deviate from the script, no matter how you try to twist that rule about casting spells while falling. I don't care if I used that same rule to railroad you into this quest, you can't!"

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Slippery orfeo...

...but we'll catch him one day!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The slippery cliffdweller

Okay, that's just a disaster waiting to happen.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
the trigger for the Hedgehog

Too many possible one-liners from that one!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Keep calm and carry piglet."

How far does she want to go?

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Should Satanists be Difficult Relatives
Could make Christmas dinner a bit awkward.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
SOF RPG: Metagame for Marvin the Martian

"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an Earth shattering kaboom? The the eludium pu36 explosive space modulator. That creature has stolen the space modulator. Delays, delays. Capture that creature, and return the eludium pu36 explosive space modulator!"

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Christian parents call Rosa Winkel

Poor Rosa. Be ready for the deluge of phone calls from parents who feel the need to prove they're good Christians.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Editing Moo

Not much to work with here, very small word to begin with. Perhaps Mu?

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Greece is the word... Timothy the Obscure

Each to their own. Well, that's settled, then!

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why aren't most people lilbuddha

Wish I had a nickel for every time I heard someone say that...

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why aren't most people lilBuddha

Just not lucky enough.

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

The Holy Spirit and... Mudfrog

They might have fun together and let it ribbit.

--------------------

Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Reading is a discount Pine Marten

And a full price one must include writing, and for two Pine Martens we get 'rithmetic thrown in?

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Ancient Middle Eastern Moo
No, no, it was Mid-Pacific

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

"Grossly Offensive" lilBuddha
But I showered and everything.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

God has a Broken His Schroedinger's Cat
No need to open the box, then.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Why aren't most people... Gee D

Well, it'd be terribly confusing for a start!

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Death sentence for Matt Black

I say, that's a bit extreme, isn't it?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

The Dungeon Master's Doublethink

Hmm, the whip or the scourge? - or both!

[Eek!]

--------------------

Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

- Posted      Profile for Chocoholic     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Intellectual and spiritual Gameliel

All, come and listen to the words of the wise one!

[ 17. May 2014, 13:50: Message edited by: Chocoholic ]

Posts: 773 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Inquire Within: general Trudy Scrumptious

I want to congratulate you on your promotion, Trudy, but the lowercase "g" makes me think "general" might not refer to rank.

On the naming of churches Zappa

Churches? I wouldn't think it had happened at all, much less often enough to warrant the plural!

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

What is the first Religious RevMotherRaphael
Title like that and I'd expect them all to be religious.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

The microchip is the Belle Ringer
Badly translated manual?

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

Legacy for upkeep of piglet

Aw, it's good to see little animals cared for.

--------------------

Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

- Posted      Profile for Chocoholic     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Legacy for upkeep of piglet

We must ensure our international treasure is preserved!

Posts: 773 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Editing lilBuddha
What?! microBuddha, then?

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Man's best friend is Piglet

That seems wrong, somehow. Could have sworn it was some other animal.

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Why aren't most people moron?
Kinda seems they are sometimes.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Just about to post that. Was going to add, "I would argue that most people are."

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A wavering idea of chocoholic

lilBuddha? Is that you? I can't quite tell.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

Book of Common Prayer...or...MrsBeaky

Does MrsBeaky write as well as Cranmer?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I don't know why you Doublethink

I think it is due to the cultural dichotomies in our lives and the general fragmentation of society.

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Big Grin]

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Anyone for a child...Smudgie
Oh! All Saints. For a moment I thought it was a recipe thread.

quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
A wavering idea of chocoholic

lilBuddha? Is that you? I can't quite tell.

There is no wavering with chocolate. Philistine. [Disappointed]

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Antisocial Alto
Shipmate
# 13810

- Posted      Profile for Antisocial Alto   Email Antisocial Alto   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
New rector of St. Thomas: Alogon

Well, he is pretty high-church, he would probably do all right.

Posts: 601 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thou shalt not covet Mousethief.

That never occurred to me.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
Thou shalt not covet Mousethief.

That never occurred to me.

It's not a condition that afflicts many.

[ 27. May 2014, 18:31: Message edited by: mousethief ]

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Pope calls for new Waw consecutivum

Wow, and he's a Hebrew scholar too?!

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

US, Do We Need You... Higgs Bosun

The particle's been found. There's not much of a choice, is there. It just exists.

--------------------

Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why can't I believe quetzalcoatl

He's got his fingers crossed behind his back - I can see them from here!

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Why evolution is killing... mousethief

Oh dear - yes, I would like to know the reasons, and what can be done about it! [Help]

--------------------

RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Christianity without Lamb Chopped

As if!

Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Christianity without hatless

Is that the same as Christianity with a hat? Like Puritans?

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't know why you Evensong

Because it's a particularly beautiful service.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Ship of Fools isn't chocoholic

Except for Paschal Penguin, Secret Santa, H&A Days... pretty much all the time, really.

[ 31. May 2014, 15:53: Message edited by: Mamacita ]

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Praying to the Porcelain Palimpsest

Porcelain palimpsest? Is that even possible?

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying to the Porcelain moron

The very definition of futility?

--------------------
Faradiu, dundeibáwa weyu lárigi weyu

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

- Posted      Profile for Yorick   Email Yorick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I might as well do this before some wiseass does.

Rid me of this troublesome... Yorick

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Posts: 7574 | From: Natural Sources | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  139  140  141  142  143  144  145  ...  156  157  158 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016