homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Grandson of FLP (Famous Last Posts!) (Page 143)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  140  141  142  143  144  145  146  ...  156  157  158 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Grandson of FLP (Famous Last Posts!)
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone for a child... kingsfold

princeswrinkle?

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't know why you...(Moo)

Because I am a happy cow?

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Keeping church music Zappa

"You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here"

Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dealing with toxicity... Leaf

A task for chemists and biologists!

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rid me of this troublesome... Eutychus

So he was chucked out of that window after all?!

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
2014 Celebrity Death piglet
What an odd, and chronologically specific omen.

'Ware the clipping of tiny hooves and the ghastly, ominous, erm, squeal. For another six months anyway. OOOoooOOoOooo squeal!

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Almost thou persuadest... mousethief

But then thou runnest out of arguments.

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One True Church? Don't Moo

Well, there's no need to be such a bovine about it.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
British Values: Oscar the Grouch

Despite the accent, a case could be made.

Though it would more likely be Oscar the Gruff, Oscar the Grumpy or perhaps Oscar the Less Polite Than the Situation Deems Appropriate.

[ 10. June 2014, 18:09: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Everlasting ..... piglet

Winnie the Pooh meets Peter Pan.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Pale Skin and Rickets piglet

Not very appetising

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Gospel of John pimple

could be the title of a 17th century morality tale.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Behold your mother!" EtymologicalEvangelical

I didn't know EE was adopted.

--------------------

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
The Gospel of John pimple

could be the title of a 17th century morality tale.

I thought it was an account of Jesus' teenage years.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can't we do without Alan Cresswell
[Eek!] Who would say such a thing? Don't listen to them, Alan, we need you!

"Behold your mother!" mousethief
Of all the ways one might describe mousethief, I doubt "motherly" has often come up. But then again, maybe I just don't know that side of him.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

Hosts & Admins Moo

I'm not sure they do. Though it might be tempting in the face of the bleatings of some shipmates.

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Secret Higgs Bosun
Elusive would be a better word.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Keep Calm and Carry ArachnidinElmet

Keep calm? Do you know how much they weigh? Do you care that I've just put my back out?

--------------------
Faradiu, dundeibáwa weyu lárigi weyu

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oscar the Grouch:
Keep Calm and Carry ArachnidinElmet

Keep calm? Do you know how much they weigh? Do you care that I've just put my back out?

Never mind that - how the hell do you keep calm with a spider in your headgear?

[Ultra confused]

[ 18. June 2014, 19:53: Message edited by: Starbug ]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Computer-based tools for... The Silent Acolyte

All right then. But make sure you turn off all the computer sounds!

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Fuck You, Dick Ad Orientem

Can he choose now?

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

Prayers that really...Zappa

Is this zap in the kind of Raiders of the Lost Ark climax?

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

Can't we do without Evensong

Nooo! It's the highlight of the week!

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheAlethiophile:
Hosts & Admins Moo

I'm not sure they do. Though it might be tempting in the face of the bleatings of some shipmates.

This one oinks. [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Make do and mend, or... Chorister

Must be a particulary bad singer, that one!

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Fuck You Dick Zappa
Um, it is Frank and what did he do to earn your ire?

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

Everlasting....pimple

Have you tried squeezing it?

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What makes an (Anglican) The Silent Acolyte

Well, being Anglican and quiet would seem to be prerequisites.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Why the emphasis on... Doublethink

Thinking things over is a very important skill!

--------------------

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What makes an (Anglican)...
(Anglican_Brat)

I would have thought the more interesting question is what makes the brat part of an anglican brat.

Unless perhaps we're discussing sausages rather than petulance?

[ 22. June 2014, 20:32: Message edited by: Autenrieth Road ]

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

What makes an (Anglican)... (Bishops Finger)

There must be a punchline to this. Can't think of one myself.

Unless it's some kind of biscuit.

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Should we be against BroJames

In principle, or has he done something?

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

quote:
Originally posted by TheAlethiophile:
What makes an (Anglican)... (Bishops Finger)

There must be a punchline to this. Can't think of one myself.

Unless it's some kind of biscuit.

An Episcopal ring?

--------------------

Bullfrog.

Prophetic Amphibian
# 11014

- Posted      Profile for Bullfrog.   Email Bullfrog.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fundamentalists vs mousethief

My money is on mousethief.

--------------------
Some say that man is the root of all evil
Others say God's a drunkard for pain
Me, I believe that the Garden of Eden
Was burned to make way for a train. --Josh Ritter, Harrisburg

Posts: 7522 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
From sea to sea to... lily pad

I'm interested in how they worked out the transition.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Religious control of Mousethief

Good luck with that ... I suspect respectful persuasion rather than dictatorial control might work

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Does Christianity preclude... Byron

I think Christianity would welcome him - but he's been rather dead for quite a few years!

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

Random Tangents Rides...(Penny S)

I hope they asked Penny first!

--------------------

Antisocial Alto
Shipmate
# 13810

- Posted      Profile for Antisocial Alto   Email Antisocial Alto   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Orthodox and "original"... Ad Orientem

Seems appropriate.

Posts: 601 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

Where in the Bible does it Jude

Jude, probably.

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

I'm not sure what "this" is, but...

Why doesn't this bother daisymay

daisymay, I suggest you ignore whoever's so intent on bothering you!

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Where in the bible ... Trudy Scrumptious

Am I the only person who hears this to the tune of the old game Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego?

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

Choosing a candidate...Byron

Well, that was easy!

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Choosing a candidate... seekingsister

Problem solved, then! I assume she'll say yes! [Smile]

[ 15. July 2014, 11:33: Message edited by: Wesley J ]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Conceived by the power... Zappa

The first Day: zapped into existence! [Yipee]

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

The heresy of Oscar the Grouch

Wow, it's been a while since I've seen Sesame Street, but it sounds like I should tune in!

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

Priestly genitalia...arethosemyfeet

Celibacy in the priesthood has caused so much confusion.

--------------------

jbohn
Shipmate
# 8753

- Posted      Profile for jbohn   Author's homepage   Email jbohn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is being distinctively... (daronmedway)

Not just some random Numpty...

--------------------
We are punished by our sins, not for them.
--Elbert Hubbard

Posts: 989 | From: East of Eden, west of St. Paul | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by churchgeek:
Priestly genitalia...arethosemyfeet

Celibacy in the priesthood has caused so much confusion.

Wait, isn't "feet" sometimes used as a dog whistle for "genitals" in the Old Testament? Boaz and Ruth and all that? I seem to remember that from Keryg.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
mousethief: Wait, isn't "feet" sometimes used as a dog whistle for "genitals" in the Old Testament?
(I didn't know that 'dog whistle' could mean 'euphemism'. Thank you.)

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  140  141  142  143  144  145  146  ...  156  157  158 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016