homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Grandson of FLP (Famous Last Posts!) (Page 155)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  152  153  154  155  156  157  158 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Grandson of FLP (Famous Last Posts!)
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Religious Freedom for ... lilBuddha
Seems logical.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
SoF Quotes File Piglet
Squeeeel! snort snuffle Squeeeel!

Or do you mean things said to Pooh?

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We can't have Muslims... Alan Cresswell

However, to 'Alan Cresswell' someone could also be a positive thing, couldn't it? [Smile]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
St Charles, King and teddybear.

Ahhhhh!

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can the Queen disinvite...Alan Cresswell

I suppose so, but I'm not sure what he might have done to offend her.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lands of the Southern Piglet

I think we must have an impostor - I'm most definitely a Northern Piglet. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lost in a Good Book:... Not Too Bad

Quite. [Smile]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Ultracrepidarian
Shipmate
# 9679

- Posted      Profile for Ultracrepidarian   Email Ultracrepidarian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Giving up Jesus for... Bishops Finger

Whatever makes you happy, I suppose.

Posts: 1897 | From: Cattle crossing | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Giving up Jesus for......Graven Image

Even better, and I'm happy to yield precedence...

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Giving up Jesus for... venbede

As good and venerable as Bede was, why give up the original for a mere copy? Body of Christ, and all that!

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Why Do The Poor Keep... Marvin the Martian

Extraterrestrial live is their only hope!

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

quote:
Originally posted by Wesley J:
Why Do The Poor Keep... Marvin the Martian

Extraterrestrial live is their only hope!

Bollocks. 'Life'. I meant, 'life'. [brick wall]

--------------------

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Giving up Jesus for ... venbede

I suspect there may be a heresy there somewhere

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Songs that irritate la vie en rouge are presumably those not in the French language...

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No soap, no shampoo no prophet's flag is set so high.

Hmm. Let's run that up the flagpole and see who salutes.

[ 14. March 2017, 15:13: Message edited by: Amos ]

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

The time has come to moo...

Ah, the cows have come home for milking, I see.

IJ

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

The time has come to... Garden Hermit

as every spring. Hermit likes to spend winter in the house, but is very happy to be brought back outside as soon as it gets warmer. [Smile]

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Who's now the leader of the free world?...Bishop's Finger

A good choice, though I say so myself. YMMV.

IJ

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Are the JWs announcing... WearyPilgrim

They may tend to make people somewhat weary, occasionally...!

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Homophobes boogie
Strict equal male/female ratio, no electronica...

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Inviting friends to... Schroedinger's cat

... who might be there, or might not. [Paranoid]

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Are the JWs announcing Stetson
They have special hats, now?

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A Church With Its Own Schroedinger's cat

This was as an illustration as to how they could cater for both the orthodox and heterodox by having a Christ who was both risen and still dead at the same time.

--------------------

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Hope This Helps: General... Welease Woderwick

We'll win all battles now! [Cool] - But shouldn't he be an admiral, seeing this is a Ship?

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Are we going to have Bishops Finger

Is this a line from Carry on Doctor? Ooo, Matron!

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

Two thuribles (Incensed)

Well and truly, I should imagine!

Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sipech:
Two thuribles (Incensed)

Well and truly, I should imagine!

Beat me to it! (I did have to Google to check a thurible was what I thought it was, though...)

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

Having grown up in a suit-and-tie baptist church, I still have to look up all the high church paraphernalia. I've just about got the difference between a chasuble and thurible, though on sight I still can't tell the difference between a chasuble and a dalmatic. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Whoever is responsible... Curiosity killed ...

Might explain the sad state of the planet. Still, let's not give up, shall we! [Paranoid]

--------------------

Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
resurrection bodies.... Sparrow

I mean, I know Jesus meant it when he said the sparrows are precious to God, but I was kind of hoping for something... slightly larger?

(Though the flying bit sounds cool!)

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

When prayers of self-control... Boogie

they will undoubtedly be answered! [Yipee]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

French presidential... mr cheesy

Clearly a valid candidate, given the name! [Smile]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Can we go back to a... Pangolin Guerre

No thanks. Make love, not guerre (=French: war)!

[Axe murder]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
the strange lives of Adeodatus

What more can one say?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Everlasting... Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dear Miss Amanda, she does go on....and on....and on....

IJ

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Russ, you are either... Golden Key

Either of them? A question of alter ego(s), or just ego? (... as it is from a Hell thread.)

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

the strange lives of georgiaboy

This, and I expect many from that thread, would make a terrific book title.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Whom shall we send?... A Soprano Learning to Listen

Problem solved!

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Religion stunts your... lilBuddha

And he's already quite small!

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Boris, you complete... Bishops Finger

Middle finger, presumably?

--------------------

Callan
Shipmate
# 525

- Posted      Profile for Callan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fucking Judges lilBuddha

As long as you're both happy.

(With apologies to Tony Soprano).

--------------------
How easy it would be to live in England, if only one did not love her. - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 9757 | From: Citizen of the World | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Religion stunts your... Moo

Holy cow, who'd have thunk!

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Animal companions in ... Kittyville

Of course! [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Not again...mr cheesy

Alas, it is indeed he...again...

IJ

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Books Removed from mr cheesy might be naughty ones...

IJ

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

creatures of Stetson
Horses?

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Unusual request for Leorning Cniht

For a few reasons, I should think

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Dead horses: a free-for-all... Moo

Not a neigh. The horses are dead, see?

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

There's no shirking... Baptist Trainfan

Back to the platform 8 with your full immersion, you slacker!

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

American Gods (on the Kitten)
Thought those were fleas, perhaps I should not have squished them.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  152  153  154  155  156  157  158 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016