homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Grandson of FLP (Famous Last Posts!) (Page 26)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  156  157  158 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Grandson of FLP (Famous Last Posts!)
Lowly Worm

Ship's Annelid
# 11663

- Posted      Profile for Lowly Worm     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Worth every penny.... Sister Mary Precious

Well of course she's worth every penny; she is precious after all.

--------------------
"Be here now, be somewhere else later. Is that so difficult?" - David Bader

Bullfrog.

Prophetic Amphibian
# 11014

- Posted      Profile for Bullfrog.   Email Bullfrog.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bizarre "Use" of a U

Text messaging.

--------------------
Some say that man is the root of all evil
Others say God's a drunkard for pain
Me, I believe that the Garden of Eden
Was burned to make way for a train. --Josh Ritter, Harrisburg

Posts: 7522 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
mirrizin beat me to it. I was thinking perhaps the less bizarre use would be "Yoose"

[ 09. June 2007, 23:44: Message edited by: comet ]

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bizarre "use" of a/the coiled spring

The mind boggles [aided by slightly remodelled punctuation]

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In the same vein:

Bizarre 'use' of a Nightlamp

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
that thread is a gift.

just now:
bizarre use of a Golden Key

and then
bizarre use of a Nightlamp

now how can we get Thurible to post on there? oooo or Hooker's Trick! [Big Grin]

(great minds, Gumby)

[ 10. June 2007, 07:53: Message edited by: comet ]

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

- Posted      Profile for HenryT   Author's homepage   Email HenryT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Any genealogy freaks basso

I think they're all squeaky tenors!

Anglican Liturgical Liturgy Queen

a member of the Department of Redundancy Department

--------------------
"Perhaps an invincible attachment to the dearest rights of man may, in these refined, enlightened days, be deemed old-fashioned" P. Henry, 1788

Posts: 7231 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Knopwood
Shipmate
# 11596

- Posted      Profile for Knopwood   Email Knopwood   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I posted on the following thread expressly to provide FLP-fodder. (sigh)

Bizarre 'use' of a Liturgy Queen

And finally...

Canadian Primatial Liturgy Queen

How sensible. While the Americans are clamoring for a Primatial Vicar, the Canadians get something much more useful. I propose that this office be established immediately.

Posts: 6806 | From: Tio'tia:ke | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Brown will give up Cod

Is he going vegetarian then?

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
preaching Trinity...try

Well it's all a bit complicated but...

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
that thread is a gift.

Indeed.

bizarre use of a Scot

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Alright, since no one else seems to be going for it...

Growing an anglo catholic churchgeek

Do not plant in direct sunlight. Best environment is indoors and smoky. Water frequently with small amounts of holy water; feed daily with the Sacrament.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
gizzie

Ship's interpreter
# 11715

- Posted      Profile for gizzie   Email gizzie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I see Paris, I see the coiled spring

a prophetic word..?

Posts: 381 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by churchgeek:
Best environment is indoors and smoky.

[Killing me] [Killing me]
Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Incense & Thuribles Petrified

[Eek!] How long has it been since you used them?!? -- Never mind, I hear ethanol will clean them right up.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I see Paris, I see...Goar

That would be 'gore', I presume.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Return of the Fitness... Earwig

Well, yeah, I guess the sudden appearance of an Earwig would lead to lots of aerobic activity for some folks.

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
seasick

...over the edge
# 48

- Posted      Profile for seasick   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bizarre 'use' of a... Wet Kipper

I don't even want to think about that...

--------------------
We believe there is, and always was, in every Christian Church, ... an outward priesthood, ordained by Jesus Christ, and an outward sacrifice offered therein. - John Wesley

Posts: 5769 | From: A world of my own | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wasn't quick enough the first time I posted on the thread but...

Barbeque, BBQ, barbecue,... To The Pain

...I mentioned my fascination with pain, death, blades, blood and fire, right?

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bullfrog.

Prophetic Amphibian
# 11014

- Posted      Profile for Bullfrog.   Email Bullfrog.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bizarre "use" of a Scot

Nessie bait.

--------------------

fisher
Shipmate
# 9080

- Posted      Profile for fisher     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kids These Days Just Coincidence?

I think there's generally a better explanation for them, and one that's been true for quite a while now...

--------------------
"Down, down, presumptuous human reason!" But somehow they found out I was not a real bishop at all G. K. Chesterton

Posts: 1327 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pick up thy board,... the giant cheeseburger

The giant cheeseboard

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

- Posted      Profile for HenryT   Author's homepage   Email HenryT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by To The Pain:
I wasn't quick enough the first time I posted on the thread but...

Barbeque, BBQ, barbecue,... To The Pain

...I mentioned my fascination with pain, death, blades, blood and fire, right?

I just thought it was too much cayenne! aka "South-West Chile Macho".

Other People are not like Iole Nui

that's true, they mostly have fewer vowels.

--------------------
"Perhaps an invincible attachment to the dearest rights of man may, in these refined, enlightened days, be deemed old-fashioned" P. Henry, 1788

Posts: 7231 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Knopwood
Shipmate
# 11596

- Posted      Profile for Knopwood   Email Knopwood   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why can't the Vatican Divine Outlaw Dwarf

My dear, they're not nearly Catholic enough.

Posts: 6806 | From: Tio'tia:ke | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

oh c'mon gang! there's gold in them thar hills!

When you're hanging comet
...be sure to tape her mouth shut as she has a way of weaseling herself around to be on everyone's side of an argument....

--------------------

HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

Abortion and the bigger Socratic-enigma

That's major metaphysics, I think.

Using Incense in the Stranger in a strange land

Thou art God, and therefore I cense thee?

--------------------

kentishmaid
Shipmate
# 4767

- Posted      Profile for kentishmaid   Author's homepage   Email kentishmaid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Abortion and the bigger comet

I didn't know they were combining it with space travel, these days.

--------------------
"Who'll be the lady, who'll be the lord, when we are ruled by the love of one another?"

Posts: 2063 | From: Huddersfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Baptist Church Visit A Feminine Force

Has she enough teacups for the whole denomination?

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
infinite_monkey
Shipmate
# 11333

- Posted      Profile for infinite_monkey   Email infinite_monkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Using incense in the...Choirboy.
On the Choirboy, no problem, but in ?

--------------------
His light was lifted just above the Law,
And now we have to live with what we did with what we saw.

--Dar Williams, And a God Descended
Obligatory Blog Flog: www.otherteacher.wordpress.com

Posts: 1423 | From: left coast united states | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
infinite_monkey
Shipmate
# 11333

- Posted      Profile for infinite_monkey   Email infinite_monkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Double posting for the irresistable:

How will you celebrate the...Lowly Worm.

It will be a subdued, but heartfelt, affair.

--------------------

Posts: 1423 | From: left coast united states | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bullfrog.

Prophetic Amphibian
# 11014

When You're Hanging mirrizin

Wait a minute...isn't this kinda like that "when did you start cheating on your wife" question? I think I object to the assumption that underlies that comment!!! [Eek!]

--------------------

Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

- Posted      Profile for Stevie Boy Wonder   Author's homepage   Email Stevie Boy Wonder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What do we do with... pimple

Well, your main options are to apply some cream, or squeeze and be done with it...

--------------------
Jesus saves. But in the current economic climate, His pension probably won't be enough for eternity...

Also by the same author

Posts: 1599 | From: Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mentally Ill Students... Moo

Those are the ones you gotta watch.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
infinite_monkey
Shipmate
# 11333

Reserved Sacrament...Pearl B4 Swine.

Hey now, watch what you're calling the housebound!

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Originally posted by MouseThief:

Dammit, MT - you beat me to it! that is my favorite one EVER.

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

quote:
Originally posted by infinite_monkey:

Sure! They inhale so much of it, might as well recycle! Just have a choirboy go exhale on the congregation e the priest is censing the altar.

What do we do with Mama Thomas

We celebrate the Mass! He'll do most of the talking, but our parts are in boldface in the service leaflet.

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Highest church in the Cardinal Pole Vault

Hey, now that's a game we haven't yet tried in the Circus!

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
quote:
Originally posted by MouseThief:

Dammit, MT - you beat me to it! that is my favorite one EVER.
Well, that certainly made me snort my tea!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

The New, Improved Halo

with Dura-shine™!

--------------------

Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

- Posted      Profile for Stevie Boy Wonder   Author's homepage   Email Stevie Boy Wonder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Stoles, stoles and Saint Bertelin

That's got to be the easiest "odd one out" competition I've seen in a long while...

--------------------
Jesus saves. But in the current economic climate, His pension probably won't be enough for eternity...

Also by the same author

Posts: 1599 | From: Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Children / Youth Services Curiosity killed.....

Well, serves you right for making church so interesting - that's dangerous, don't you know.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

20-year Episcopal Priest Matins

That's way too long a sermon!

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

How a Messiah can get infinite_monkey

He can find a boy with 5 loaves and 2 monkeys, and take it from there?

(This thread will be fun for us I'm sure)

--------------------

Choirboy
Shipmate
# 9659

- Posted      Profile for Choirboy   Email Choirboy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by churchgeek:
quote:
Originally posted by infinite_monkey:

Sure! They inhale so much of it, might as well recycle! Just have a choirboy go exhale on the congregation e the priest is censing the altar.

Yikes! I'll be sure to have a breath mint first as well. [Razz]

[ 19. June 2007, 04:00: Message edited by: Choirboy ]

Posts: 2994 | From: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When you're hanging infinite_monkey

You need a very, very, very long rope!

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
infinite_monkey
Shipmate
# 11333

Get out of the priesthood...the silent acolyte.
Speak up or ship out. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

To be or not to be... Liopleurodon

Can't do much about it, can you? It's evolution.

--------------------

infinite_monkey
Shipmate
# 11333

To be or not to be...Cod.
Pro: Breathes under water. Con: Gets fried with chips.
Hmm.

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

Get out of the priesthood Choirboy

and back into the choir, where you belong!

--------------------

Bullfrog.

Prophetic Amphibian
# 11014

I Don't Care if You're the Bede's American Successor

Especially given that I don't even know who the original Bede was...

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  156  157  158 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016