homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Grandson of FLP (Famous Last Posts!) (Page 28)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  156  157  158 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Grandson of FLP (Famous Last Posts!)
Manipled Mutineer
Shipmate
# 11514

- Posted      Profile for Manipled Mutineer   Author's homepage   Email Manipled Mutineer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My dream job is... MouseThief

Lie down on this nice comfy couch and tell me more about this strange compulsion to steal rodents.

--------------------
Collecting Catholic and Anglo-
Catholic books

Posts: 1533 | From: Glamorgan, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bullfrog.

Prophetic Amphibian
# 11014

- Posted      Profile for Bullfrog.   Email Bullfrog.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Earliest Use of the Thurible

I'm picturing them being used as clubs of some sort...

--------------------
Some say that man is the root of all evil
Others say God's a drunkard for pain
Me, I believe that the Garden of Eden
Was burned to make way for a train. --Josh Ritter, Harrisburg

Posts: 7522 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My new Hell thread quite unintentionally created some great Famous Last Post opportunities.

Thank God for Erin
Absolutely.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Quercus
Shipmate
# 12761

- Posted      Profile for Quercus   Email Quercus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Return of the Latin cor ad cor loquitur

As opposed to the Greek cor ad cor loquitor?

--------------------
"I meant," said Iplsore bitterly, "what is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

Death thought about it. CATS, he said eventually, CATS ARE NICE.

Posts: 321 | From: Up on a hill | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
rufiki

Ship's 'shroom
# 11165

- Posted      Profile for rufiki   Email rufiki   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank God for Amazing Grace

Amen.

Quercus
Shipmate
# 12761

- Posted      Profile for Quercus   Email Quercus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Somewhat poor taste, so I'll apologise first, but it made me laugh. I'm sorry.

Mentally ill students Moo

Which'll make diagnosis a lot easier...

ETA: it's just changed to "Mentally ill students Duck". Please, someone whose name isn't a verb post in that thread. Quickly.

[ 04. July 2007, 16:51: Message edited by: Quercus ]

--------------------
"I meant," said Iplsore bitterly, "what is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

The Scrumpmeister
Ship’s Taverner
# 5638

- Posted      Profile for The Scrumpmeister   Author's homepage   Email The Scrumpmeister   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Currently heading up Purgatory:

Church historian seeks...bush baptist

...for fun and frolics.

--------------------
If Christ is not fully human, humankind is not fully saved. - St John of Saint-Denis

Posts: 14741 | From: Greater Manchester, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank God for Duo Seraphim

They'll go so nicely with my Duo Cherubim.

[Angel] [Angel]

(eta: Quercus, you're cracking me up!)

[ 05. July 2007, 04:22: Message edited by: churchgeek ]

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
TubaMirum - Moron... MouseThief

I know that thread titles in Hell often use terms of abuse. Calling somebody a moron is one thing. But accusing them of stealing rodents without any evidence to back it up is surely libellous.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Paranoid]

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank God for...Jahlove
Many of us do, regularly!

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
wesleyswig
Shipmate
# 5436

- Posted      Profile for wesleyswig   Author's homepage   Email wesleyswig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is this actually in (Custard)

A question often asked, and that is before we reach mass produced custard...

Regards
John

--------------------
"I am still a Methodist, You can never get it's special glow out of your blood" Ellen Wilkinson
Read my ramblings

Posts: 878 | From: Chained to my desk.... | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

- Posted      Profile for HenryT   Author's homepage   Email HenryT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Am I the only one in Lothlorien

Frodo and Bilbo will be along soon!

--------------------
"Perhaps an invincible attachment to the dearest rights of man may, in these refined, enlightened days, be deemed old-fashioned" P. Henry, 1788

Posts: 7231 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Harry Potter - the Sober Preacher's Kid

In the knock-off "Christian" version of the tale, Harry Potter finds out his real father isn't a wizard at all, and it turns out everything heroic Harry's ever done has simply been through the Power of the Spirit.

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

Am I the only one in 206

No, there are 205 others.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by churchgeek:
Am I the only one in 206

No, there are 205 others.

That's also Seattle's area code (and the suburbs due south). Plenty of others in 206.

--------------------

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Return of the Latin ... Treatise

Oh dear. Will it take awfully long?

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Quercus
Shipmate
# 12761

Recipe Thread - the ... Sparrow

Like chicken, only less filling, and harder to carve.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Thank God for... Alan Cresswell

Aye! [Cool]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

- Posted      Profile for HenryT   Author's homepage   Email HenryT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Christian Nutters at Lynn MagdalenCollege

Oh, the Cambridge Movement?

--------------------
"Perhaps an invincible attachment to the dearest rights of man may, in these refined, enlightened days, be deemed old-fashioned" P. Henry, 1788

Posts: 7231 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

- Posted      Profile for dj_ordinaire   Author's homepage   Email dj_ordinaire   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Without an 'E' on the end is The Other Place. Thanks muchly [Biased]

--------------------
Flinging wide the gates...

Posts: 10335 | From: Hanging in the balance of the reality of man | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

Is this actually in Mrs Whibley

Shall we get an x-ray? Or just ask her what she's been eating?

--------------------

dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eagle swings hot..jedijudy.

Is not not about time those bald headed ones understood a hot flush?

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

- Posted      Profile for Evangeline   Email Evangeline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today's look at the board yielded these:

Non-RC reaction to Sober Preacher's Kid.

Is the RC reaction obvious?

Am I the only one in Amazing Grace?

[ 08. July 2007, 04:51: Message edited by: Evangeline ]

Posts: 2871 | From: "A capsule of modernity afloat in a wild sea" | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

quote:
Originally posted by dj_ordinaire:
Without an 'E' on the end is The Other Place. Thanks muchly [Biased]

Drat, that's even funnier!

Today's offering

Are animals really CrookedCucumber

No, cucumber is definitely a vegetable. "All flesh is grass" is a metaphor.

--------------------

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
  Time we confronted Timothy the Obscure

Perhaps - but with what? He's just too vague

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Worm in the Grass
Shipmate
# 10999

- Posted      Profile for Worm in the Grass   Email Worm in the Grass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Seen earlier this morning Time we confronted Myrrh
An impossible feat I'm afraid, Myrrh is immune to normal confrontation

--------------------
Christian satire attracts people who are serious about religion. It's a method of coping with the difference between what religion ought to be about and what it is. (Jengie Jon)

Posts: 273 | From: somewhere near Canberra | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Those Damn Pigeons - Sparrow.

Dear Editor,

I'm writing to say that we the undersigned of Trafalgar Square are very annoyed that the Pigeon community have taken over our perches, demand bread in a menacing sort of way and are regularly seen fare-dodging on the Tube. The sooner they're given ASBOs the better. Yours sincerely, A Sparrow and Others.

HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

Unfeeling management Erin

Yes, sir!

--------------------

Keren-Happuch

Ship's Eyeshadow
# 9818

- Posted      Profile for Keren-Happuch   Author's homepage   Email Keren-Happuch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can this really be Spiffy da Wondersheep?

I do believe it is!

[ 09. July 2007, 20:43: Message edited by: Keren-Happuch ]

--------------------
Travesty, treachery, betrayal!
EXCESS - The Art of Treason
Nea Fox

Posts: 2407 | From: A Fine City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Keren-Happuch:
Can this really be Spiffy da Wondersheep?

I do believe it is!

Are you sure about that?

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Petrified

Ship’s ballast
# 10667

- Posted      Profile for Petrified   Email Petrified   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Books for 8 year olds Moo

I would have thought they were a bit old for that

--------------------
At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.
SoF a "prick against Bigotterie"

Posts: 540 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Christian Nutters at...Twilight

yes, that is a particularly awkward time of day to encounter them.

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
kentishmaid
Shipmate
# 4767

- Posted      Profile for kentishmaid   Author's homepage   Email kentishmaid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You beat me to it, Wet Kipper. I was going to mention that one!

Just a nutter at Twilight
When the lights are low......

--------------------
"Who'll be the lady, who'll be the lord, when we are ruled by the love of one another?"

Posts: 2063 | From: Huddersfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Quercus
Shipmate
# 12761

Pope: Other denominations ... Petrified

Benedict can be a bit alarming at times.

--------------------

Bullfrog.

Prophetic Amphibian
# 11014

- Posted      Profile for Bullfrog.   Email Bullfrog.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pope: Other denominations hatless

Got mitre?

--------------------
Some say that man is the root of all evil
Others say God's a drunkard for pain
Me, I believe that the Garden of Eden
Was burned to make way for a train. --Josh Ritter, Harrisburg

Posts: 7522 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Does anybody else just ken

I dinna ken what I ken.

--------------------

Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

- Posted      Profile for Papio   Email Papio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Time we confronted Myrrh?

Not. Saying. Anything.

--------------------
Infinite Penguins.
My "Readit, Swapit" page
My "LibraryThing" page

Posts: 12176 | From: a zoo in England. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

Anglican Attendances (Choirboy)

You'd expect a few!

--------------------

Keren-Happuch

Ship's Eyeshadow
# 9818

- Posted      Profile for Keren-Happuch   Author's homepage   Email Keren-Happuch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In whose name are we seasick?

Good question!

--------------------
Travesty, treachery, betrayal!
EXCESS - The Art of Treason
Nea Fox

Posts: 2407 | From: A Fine City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Keren-Happuch:
In whose name are we seasick?

Good question!

"Huey!", I understand.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Swap the sausages and the...parsley sage

They are interchangeable?

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I lost my cherry to... Amazing Grace

That thread's just going to keep on giving.

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

- Posted      Profile for Papio   Email Papio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My God, My God, Barnabas62

Didn't realise that Barney was God. You learn something new every day.

--------------------
Infinite Penguins.
My "Readit, Swapit" page
My "LibraryThing" page

Posts: 12176 | From: a zoo in England. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Great Gumby:
I lost my cherry to... Amazing Grace

Wahey!
It now says on the interweb-thingy that someone lost their cherry to me (so it must be true) [Yipee] .
Must have been pissed though - I didn't notice [Roll Eyes] .

[ 14. July 2007, 22:26: Message edited by: luvanddaisies ]

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Am I the only one in Lamb Chopped?
Hey, it ain't an orgy, folks.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Silent Acolyte

Shipmate
# 1158

- Posted      Profile for The Silent Acolyte     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Great Gumby:

It was quite unintentional folks. I rarely venture outside Ecclesiantics and I barely knew what this thread was until Luvanddises pointed it out on the thread in question, but I'm happy to have obliged.

Oh, no! I momentarily lost it to Erin just now.

Posts: 7462 | From: The New World | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I lost my cherry to... Erin

Some like it hot. [Ultra confused]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Why can't RC Priests... Sober Preacher's Kid

Dunno. Do you?

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I lost my cherry to... Gort

Please ladies, form an orderly queue. No shoving or pushing.

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  156  157  158 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016