homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Grandson of FLP (Famous Last Posts!) (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  156  157  158 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Grandson of FLP (Famous Last Posts!)
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Top Gear presenter...... Autenrieth Road

Yes, that would be a good name for a top gear presenter. But the original incumbent is merely indisposed, not dead, so it's rather presumptious to arrange a takeover bid!

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What must we do to... m.t.tomb

...oh, I'm sure some people have suggestions. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

- Posted      Profile for Stevie Boy Wonder   Author's homepage   Email Stevie Boy Wonder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Names for your children... Rangatira

Oh, that's just cruel.

--------------------
Jesus saves. But in the current economic climate, His pension probably won't be enough for eternity...

Also by the same author

Posts: 1599 | From: Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

- Posted      Profile for Lynn MagdalenCollege   Author's homepage   Email Lynn MagdalenCollege   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
how not to explain Bean Sidhe

and I was amused to discover:
Eagle Swings -- hot LynnMagdalenCollege [Big Grin] it's been far too long since I was considered hot!

--------------------
Erin & Friend; Been there, done that; Ruth musical

Posts: 6263 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Zorro
Shipmate
# 9156

- Posted      Profile for Zorro   Author's homepage   Email Zorro   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Do you actually notice...Zorro

Every goddam day!

[ 01. October 2006, 16:00: Message edited by: Zorro ]

--------------------
It is so hard to believe, because it is so hard to obey. Soren Kierkegaard
Well, churches really should be like sluts; take everyone no matter who they are or whether they can pay. Spiffy da wondersheep

Posts: 2568 | From: Baja California (actually the UK but that's where my fans know me from) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

- Posted      Profile for Lynn MagdalenCollege   Author's homepage   Email Lynn MagdalenCollege   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Calvinist God....what...m.t-tomb
Wait, I thought Calvinists embrace the resurrection?!

--------------------
Erin & Friend; Been there, done that; Ruth musical

Posts: 6263 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

- Posted      Profile for the giant cheeseburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sermons without the Divine Outlaw Dwarf

Now I know Jesus was considered a bit of a rebel, however I am thankful there are sermons that don't call him vertically challenged. There is no biblical basis for that whatsoever.

ETA: sppeling, code [Frown]

[ 01. October 2006, 17:16: Message edited by: the giant cheeseburger ]

--------------------
If I give a homeopathy advocate a really huge punch in the face, can the injury be cured by giving them another really small punch in the face?

Posts: 4834 | From: Adelaide, South Australia. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
8bit Micro
Shipmate
# 10395

- Posted      Profile for 8bit Micro     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A good test-case for... Custard.

Is it...

(a) the correct shade of yellow,
(b) lumpy enough!

Posts: 629 | From: Somewhere in England | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

- Posted      Profile for HenryT   Author's homepage   Email HenryT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 8bit Micro:
A good test-case for... Custard.

Is it...

(c) coating the back of the spoon!

--------------------
"Perhaps an invincible attachment to the dearest rights of man may, in these refined, enlightened days, be deemed old-fashioned" P. Henry, 1788

Posts: 7231 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Knopwood
Shipmate
# 11596

- Posted      Profile for Knopwood   Email Knopwood   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Henry Troup:
(As far as I know, DFO is still DFO, good sense having prevented it from changing to the generic X Canada nomenclenture - consider the acronym.)

Sorry, Henry.
Posts: 6806 | From: Tio'tia:ke | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Knopwood
Shipmate
# 11596

- Posted      Profile for Knopwood   Email Knopwood   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Alphabet's back! Come Jenn R

...our souls inspire
And lighten with celestial fire...

KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The New, Improved,... (babybear)

Now with deep-pile fur, infra-red vision and overdrive!

Option still available: Complete Knowledge of the Universe module.

Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

- Posted      Profile for Stevie Boy Wonder   Author's homepage   Email Stevie Boy Wonder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How not to explain Newman's Own

It's like, stuff you put on lettuce, and it's made by that bloke who used to be in films with the other guy...

--------------------
Jesus saves. But in the current economic climate, His pension probably won't be enough for eternity...

Also by the same author

Posts: 1599 | From: Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Knopwood
Shipmate
# 11596

Sermons without the Mousethief

Oh, it's hardly the same now, is it?

Bullfrog.

Prophetic Amphibian
# 11014

- Posted      Profile for Bullfrog.   Email Bullfrog.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My Dignity Does Not Tortuf

I'm not sure what it means, but I'm sure Tortufing is not dignified!

--------------------
Some say that man is the root of all evil
Others say God's a drunkard for pain
Me, I believe that the Garden of Eden
Was burned to make way for a train. --Josh Ritter, Harrisburg

Posts: 7522 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Knopwood
Shipmate
# 11596

Blessing of Animals (Lowly Worm)

Of course! All Creatures Great and Small!

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What denomination is .. Goodric

C of E, like his cat.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What denomination is... (Goodric)

Doesn't he attend St. Bastard's?

Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

x-post... arrrgh.

My dignity does not...(Moo)

Well honestly, whose does? Mine sort of yips.

--------------------
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." --Quentin Tarantino, Pulp Fiction

My blog: http://oxygenofgrace.blogspot.com

Ecce Quam Bonum
Shipmate
# 10884

- Posted      Profile for Ecce Quam Bonum   Email Ecce Quam Bonum   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How to write Greek... Moo

No, no, no. It's &mu

--------------------
"And it is folly—it is madness—to suppose that you can worship Jesus in the Sacraments and Jesus on the Throne of glory, when you are sweating him in the souls and bodies of his children. It cannot be done."--+Frank Weston, "Our Present Duty"

Posts: 168 | From: Sewanee, TN | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Keren-Happuch

Ship's Eyeshadow
# 9818

- Posted      Profile for Keren-Happuch   Author's homepage   Email Keren-Happuch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What denomination is ... Amazing Grace?

Hopefully all of them...

--------------------
Travesty, treachery, betrayal!
EXCESS - The Art of Treason
Nea Fox

Posts: 2407 | From: A Fine City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

- Posted      Profile for Papio   Email Papio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My dignity does not Moo

Well, it wouldn't be terribly dignified if it did.

--------------------
Infinite Penguins.
My "Readit, Swapit" page
My "LibraryThing" page

Posts: 12176 | From: a zoo in England. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What denomination is... Max.

A very good question indeed!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Names of your children...shoewoman

So what do you name them when you've got so many you don't know what to do?

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

Vocations and walking The Coot

Nice work if you can get it...

--------------------

Also by the same author

Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

Names for your children... Pootle

Who couldn't love a child named after a flump? When I eventually meet the future Mrs Boy Wonder, we may have to discuss this one... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Also by the same author

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eagle Swings -- hot...Grits

with butter! yum!

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

- Posted      Profile for HenryT   Author's homepage   Email HenryT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nottingham - a suitable ptarmigan

I though it was global warming we were worried about?

[ 02. October 2006, 19:37: Message edited by: Henry Troup ]

--------------------
"Perhaps an invincible attachment to the dearest rights of man may, in these refined, enlightened days, be deemed old-fashioned" P. Henry, 1788

Posts: 7231 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

Sermons without the... Custard

What church is this? We only get bread and wine at ours...

--------------------

Also by the same author

Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

What denomination is... Panda

Dunno... Church of China?

--------------------

Also by the same author

Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The New, Improved Leprechaun

- complete with five-leaf clover.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cusanus

Ship's Schoolmaster
# 692

- Posted      Profile for Cusanus         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Horrible Liturgical... Anselmina

Now just because a girl doesn't use the English Missal, is no reason to get insulting.

--------------------
"You are qualified," sa fotherington-tomas, "becos you can frankly never pass an exam and have 0 branes. Obviously you will be a skoolmaster - there is no other choice."

Posts: 3120 | From: The Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

Scriptural basis for... The Great Gumby

"Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck the Philistine on the forehead. The stone sank into his forehead, and he fell face down on the ground, crying, "MY! BRAIN! HURTS!!" (1Sam 17:49, slightly paraphrased)

--------------------

Also by the same author

Knopwood
Shipmate
# 11596

Six Candles on the John Holding

Quite a balancing act.

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When did you stop beating...Lyda*Rose

Probably about the time the arrest and restraining order kicked in.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cometchaser:
Eagle Swings -- hot...Grits

with butter! yum!

Butter them biscuits! [Smile]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

How long have you been... Paul W.

I'd take a guess it's probably been all his life...

--------------------

Also by the same author

Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

Ultracrepidarian in... Faithful Sheepdog

You can do the punchline yourselves, sickoes.

--------------------

Also by the same author

HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

When did you stop beating ken

Beat him? I can't even get him to play against me!

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sermons without the.....Amazing Grace

aww, leave out the best bits ! [Frown]

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Darn it, you beat me to it!

[ 04. October 2006, 14:08: Message edited by: dolphy ]

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zorro
Shipmate
# 9156

- Posted      Profile for Zorro   Author's homepage   Email Zorro   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fred Phelps to picket...Seasick

Finally, something with equivalent value to his sayings!

No offense, seasick [Biased]

--------------------
It is so hard to believe, because it is so hard to obey. Soren Kierkegaard
Well, churches really should be like sluts; take everyone no matter who they are or whether they can pay. Spiffy da wondersheep

Posts: 2568 | From: Baja California (actually the UK but that's where my fans know me from) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

- Posted      Profile for the giant cheeseburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fred Phelps to picket ... Amazing Grace

Even more proof we really can't call him a Christian!

--------------------
If I give a homeopathy advocate a really huge punch in the face, can the injury be cured by giving them another really small punch in the face?

Posts: 4834 | From: Adelaide, South Australia. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Shocking Victoriana (The Coot)

Mm. Yes. I didn't design it that way... but I am gratified and think I can live up to the responsibility by going about business as usual. [Biased]

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cusanus

Ship's Schoolmaster
# 692

- Posted      Profile for Cusanus         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eagle Swings - hot Kelly Alves

Goes without saying.

--------------------
"You are qualified," sa fotherington-tomas, "becos you can frankly never pass an exam and have 0 branes. Obviously you will be a skoolmaster - there is no other choice."

Posts: 3120 | From: The Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

Ship's token UK Mennonite
# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What do I get with... Chukovsky?

Free bucket with every purchase?

--------------------
I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.

http://reversedstandard.wordpress.com/

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Esmeralda:
What do I get with... Chukovsky?

Free bucket with every purchase?

To chuck away things? [Cool]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What do I get with ... Alan Cresswell

Well, to start with you get an American floozy and a wee Scottish lad.

Posts: 4610 | From: bonny Scotland | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

When did you stop beating... (Posy)

When she kicked my ass?

Today I Consign to... (Jonah the Whale)

Open wide!

Shipmates Expecting... (Jack the Lass)

...but instead receiving me! MWAHAHAAAAA!

IbP would be sooo proud! [Biased]

--------------------
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." --Quentin Tarantino, Pulp Fiction

My blog: http://oxygenofgrace.blogspot.com

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Do you actually notice Henry Troup
Henry who? Does he post here?

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  156  157  158 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016