homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Grandson of FLP (Famous Last Posts!) (Page 44)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...  156  157  158 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Grandson of FLP (Famous Last Posts!)
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Holy Lock-In, Golden Key [Snigger]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Isn't Atheism a Busted... Socratic-enigma

Methinks it is indeed! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

Ship's token UK Mennonite
# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Isn't Atheism a Busted Socratic-Enigma

Well, that's one way of putting it. Socrates might not have agreed.

--------------------
I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.

http://reversedstandard.wordpress.com/

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All right, I've never really read Socrates, but it does make a good FLP. [Biased]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bach's complete organ ... Little Masha

That's an unfortunate nickname.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Leetle Masha

Cantankerous Anchoress
# 8209

- Posted      Profile for Leetle Masha   Email Leetle Masha   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Killing me]

--------------------
eleison me, tin amartolin: have mercy on me, the sinner

Posts: 6351 | From: Hesychia, in Hyperdulia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leetle Masha

Cantankerous Anchoress
# 8209

- Posted      Profile for Leetle Masha   Email Leetle Masha   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Explaining the Self-Explanatory Mousethief

No need. He does it on his blog.

M

[ 19. January 2008, 23:28: Message edited by: Leetle Masha ]

--------------------

Posts: 6351 | From: Hesychia, in Hyperdulia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
infinite_monkey
Shipmate
# 11333

- Posted      Profile for infinite_monkey   Email infinite_monkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Circumcision... Major Disaster

I think that may overstate the case a bit...

--------------------
His light was lifted just above the Law,
And now we have to live with what we did with what we saw.

--Dar Williams, And a God Descended
Obligatory Blog Flog: www.otherteacher.wordpress.com

Posts: 1423 | From: left coast united states | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What musical instruments .. Bishops Finger

Well that's the percussion section. Any strings or woodwinds?

--------------------

luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Children and Fucking ... Bishop's Finger

[ 20. January 2008, 22:31: Message edited by: luvanddaisies ]

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
screwed up edit in previous...
The above one is rather, erm, eyecatching, rather than being amusing or anything - possibly a generator of 'infamous' rather than 'famous' last post.

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Now playing in Hell:

Huckabee and the Confederate Grits

I didn't know there were any other kind of grits!

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
alienfromzog

Ship's Alien
# 5327

- Posted      Profile for alienfromzog   Email alienfromzog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lady in red:
MRSA - This is why I hate Alienfromzog

Yeah Alien, this is all your fault (sorry, but you made a rod for your own back with that one [Razz] )

[Waterworks] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Waterworks]

Who hates me? [Paranoid] It's not my fault, I didn't do it, I wasn't there, I know nothing.

[Killing me] [Killing me]

--------------------
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
[Sen. D.P.Moynihan]

An Alien's View of Earth - my blog (or vanity exercise...)

Posts: 2150 | From: Zog, obviously! Straight past Alpha Centauri, 2nd planet on the left... | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Why is Autism not a... Melon

Dunno. Will think about it.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
coping with elderly... Lamb Chopped

Doesn't that make it mutton?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

What's going on in... Golden Key

Intense concentration in view of yet another keyhole forthcoming! Gotta do that job, and do it right.

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is the Trinity just.. Father Gregory

No, it includes Mousethief and Andreas1984 as well.

--------------------

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Leetle Masha

Cantankerous Anchoress
# 8209

Esmeralda, for posting this:

[The Trinity] includes [Fr. Gregory], Mousethief and Andreas1984 as well.

Cardinal Fang! Quick! Fetch the soft cushions! She's confounding the Persons and dividing the Essence again!

M
No one expects....

[ 22. January 2008, 11:35: Message edited by: Leetle Masha ]

--------------------

Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm too small Matt Black

Well, you shouldn't wear black - it'll only make you look smaller. Or at least make it shiny black, that should help.

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Metaphors that go Baa... Moo

Mixing your metaphors was never a good idea.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
MiceElf

Not your average mouse
# 4389

- Posted      Profile for MiceElf   Email MiceElf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Do you carry your bible to ...Organmiester

Well not usually, he tends to carry his own.

--------------------
What do we want.... Cure for Obesity
When do we want it.... After Dessert.

Posts: 1032 | From: OILOVWOIGHT | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1. Osama bin laden is ... Spikey Pants (it's all those burrs in Eastern Afghanistani caves).

2. Osama bin laden is ... Golden Key Hah! A cunning disguise! All that blather in the Old Cafe abpout peace and love and lava lamps.

(Congrats on 7000, GK [Biased] )

That thread is made for FLP.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Drifting Star

# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You Are What You Do? (I_am_not_Job)

That'd be a 'no' then?

--------------------

Quercus
Shipmate
# 12761

- Posted      Profile for Quercus   Email Quercus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Name That Tat...please Ecclesiastical Flip-flop

It's clearly a Papal jewelled sandal, fool.

[ 23. January 2008, 14:32: Message edited by: Quercus ]

--------------------
"I meant," said Iplsore bitterly, "what is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

Death thought about it. CATS, he said eventually, CATS ARE NICE.

Posts: 321 | From: Up on a hill | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bullfrog.

Prophetic Amphibian
# 11014

- Posted      Profile for Bullfrog.   Email Bullfrog.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Huckabee and the Confederate cliffdweller

Now, I've heard of dead men voting, but this is something completely unprecedented!

--------------------
Some say that man is the root of all evil
Others say God's a drunkard for pain
Me, I believe that the Garden of Eden
Was burned to make way for a train. --Josh Ritter, Harrisburg

Posts: 7522 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can anyone walk on Autenrieth Road

Sure, but it's recommended you use the sidewalk instead.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
infinite_monkey
Shipmate
# 11333

- Posted      Profile for infinite_monkey   Email infinite_monkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(This thread's a gem for FLP!)

Can anyone walk on...Grits

I wouldn't suggest eating them afterwards, but yeah.

[ 24. January 2008, 03:43: Message edited by: infinite_monkey ]

--------------------
His light was lifted just above the Law,
And now we have to live with what we did with what we saw.

--Dar Williams, And a God Descended
Obligatory Blog Flog: www.otherteacher.wordpress.com

Posts: 1423 | From: left coast united states | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Three little pigs banned Father Gregory

A unanimous vote to boot.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

# 582

Musicmeet (Chorister)

Well obviously [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Paul.
Shipmate
# 37

- Posted      Profile for Paul.   Author's homepage   Email Paul.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Paisley no longer Mod...

He's got rid of the jacket, sold the scooter...

Posts: 3689 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Joyeux

Ship's Lady of Laughter
# 3851

- Posted      Profile for Joyeux   Email Joyeux   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can anyone walk on ... Lamb Chopped

Well... maybe, but is it allowed?

--------------------
Float?...Do science too

Posts: 4318 | From: over th... no, there! | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joyeux

Ship's Lady of Laughter
# 3851

- Posted      Profile for Joyeux   Email Joyeux   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't pass this up...

Grandson of FLP Famous... Joyeux

Not to be confused with the granddaughter, I suppose! Or is it suggesting that I'm somebody's grandson? [Confused] [Ultra confused]

--------------------
Float?...Do science too

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

I call netgear and Mousethief

But neither will pick up!

--------------------

Joyeux

Ship's Lady of Laughter
# 3851

MT - try enabling the caller ID so they know it's you!

Can anyone walk on... Tyciol

Dunno... That depends on whether or not Tyciol is on the floor... or are we in zero G?

--------------------
Float?...Do science too

Drifting Star

# 12799

Paschal (to pentecostal) Pānts

Mmm. Liturgical underwear ...

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Knitting and all things ... to the pain

Um, I'm not sure I can take knitting that seriously.

--------------------

PrettyFly

Ship's sunbather
# 13157

- Posted      Profile for PrettyFly   Author's homepage   Email PrettyFly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
New Rector Wannabe Heretic

What is the church coming to? [Disappointed]

--------------------
Screw today. I'm going for ice cream.

Posts: 1797 | From: Where the sun keeps shining and where the weather suits my clothes | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Joyeux

Ship's Lady of Laughter
# 3851

"My God, My God..." Moo

I thought that people tended to respond by falling onto the ground should they come face-to-face with God. Shows what I know!

Good church music in Pigwidgeon

And where else would you look?

--------------------
Float?...Do science too

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Alternatives to watching Mousethief

There's swaying tree limbs, embers in the fire, drying paint...

--------------------

Joyeux

Ship's Lady of Laughter
# 3851

quote:
Originally posted by MouseThief:
Alternatives to watching Mousethief

There's swaying tree limbs, embers in the fire, drying paint...

You beat me to it! OK, how about:

The Bible, Non-stop Marvin the Martian

What translation should we use to best understand, I wonder?

--------------------
Float?...Do science too

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The New, Improved,... Badfundie

Would that be a Goodfundie?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Joyeux

Ship's Lady of Laughter
# 3851

Swans necking Zappa

Hmmm... I hope this isn't the start of a pre-Valentine's tradition. [Paranoid] Dare I ask what next, and for which shipmates?

--------------------
Float?...Do science too

PrettyFly

Ship's sunbather
# 13157

- Posted      Profile for PrettyFly   Author's homepage   Email PrettyFly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Holding the mitre and Sober Preachers Kid

Sounds like a Christian circus act or something.

(edited for spelling)

[ 28. January 2008, 21:12: Message edited by: prettyfly ]

--------------------
Screw today. I'm going for ice cream.

Posts: 1797 | From: Where the sun keeps shining and where the weather suits my clothes | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Huckabee and the Confederate Squirrel

From Disney, the unlikely tale of friendship between a boy Union soldier and a rodent from the South...

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Joyeux

Ship's Lady of Laughter
# 3851

Have you ever read Dave the Bass

Nope, but I saw the movie adaptation John the Tenor... or was that Fred the Marlin?

--------------------
Float?...Do science too

Joyeux

Ship's Lady of Laughter
# 3851

I summon football to Squirrel

Frankly, I can't think of anybody who'd want it less!

(eta - sorry for double post!)

[ 29. January 2008, 00:26: Message edited by: Joyeux ]

--------------------
Float?...Do science too

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Who quotes atheists? Mousethief

Damn straight. Theists too.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow, Tom Cruise really (is) Duchess!

{Pictures D doing a Scientology video with steel-plated Sci. scriptures...}
[Paranoid]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

- Posted      Profile for Triple Tiara   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Two up right now. Forgive the vanity post of number one:

Holding the mitre and Triple Tiara

Things really are getting very High Church down there.

And this one is too much of a gift:

The totally fucked ..... Max

[Snigger] [Devil]

--------------------
I'm a Roman. You may call me Caligula.

Posts: 5905 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Max.
Shipmate
# 5846

- Posted      Profile for Max.     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Triple Tiara:

And this one is too much of a gift:

The totally fucked ..... Max

[Snigger] [Devil]

Pah! It was the church which introduced me to Whiskey in the first place! It's their fault I tell you!!!

Max

--------------------
For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Posts: 9716 | From: North Yorkshire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...  156  157  158 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016