homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Grandson of FLP (Famous Last Posts!) (Page 69)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  ...  156  157  158 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Grandson of FLP (Famous Last Posts!)
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The communal refrigerator... ten thousand difficulties

Quite.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Help help, I'm being ... duchess
crosses to bare, and all that [Biased]

[Edit: bare??????? [Hot and Hormonal] Freudian slip, obviously. Be afraid, Duchess, be very afraid!]

[ 01. November 2008, 18:03: Message edited by: Zappa ]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bullfrog.

Prophetic Amphibian
# 11014

- Posted      Profile for Bullfrog.   Email Bullfrog.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How I learned to stop Marvin the Martian

All it took was a carrot and a lot of chutzpah.

--------------------
Some say that man is the root of all evil
Others say God's a drunkard for pain
Me, I believe that the Garden of Eden
Was burned to make way for a train. --Josh Ritter, Harrisburg

Posts: 7522 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
ephemera
Shipmate
# 13355

- Posted      Profile for ephemera     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Left Over Candy piglet

and no one to watch you suck out the soft pink center...delightful!

--------------------
A cool small evening shrunk to a dog bark and the clank of a bucket -
And you listening. T. Hughes

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Help help, I'm being... Gort

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Why do you use the... M.

Coz M's part of the alphabet [Smile]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

How I learned to stop... Triple Tiara

Book available now, only £29.99. - Free extract, p. 66: : "... and then I started singing 'Jesus is my boyfriend'..."

--------------------

KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The political junkie (ken)

Says it all, really.

--------------------
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." --Quentin Tarantino, Pulp Fiction

My blog: http://oxygenofgrace.blogspot.com

Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
kentishmaid
Shipmate
# 4767

- Posted      Profile for kentishmaid   Author's homepage   Email kentishmaid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Peter Mandelson, really??? the coiled spring

Well, it certainly explains how he keeps bouncing back.

--------------------
"Who'll be the lady, who'll be the lord, when we are ruled by the love of one another?"

Posts: 2063 | From: Huddersfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

- Posted      Profile for HenryT   Author's homepage   Email HenryT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When to move on from Twilight

Half an hour after sunset, civilly speaking.

--------------------
"Perhaps an invincible attachment to the dearest rights of man may, in these refined, enlightened days, be deemed old-fashioned" P. Henry, 1788

Posts: 7231 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Jesus Christ Returning... RooK

Had he nicked him?

--------------------

kentishmaid
Shipmate
# 4767

- Posted      Profile for kentishmaid   Author's homepage   Email kentishmaid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Councils ban the use of HangarQueen

We'll have Republican aeroplanes, thank you very much. None of these fancy monarchs about the place.

--------------------
"Who'll be the lady, who'll be the lord, when we are ruled by the love of one another?"

Posts: 2063 | From: Huddersfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wesley J:

Had he nicked him?

KxR (K1 to KB1)

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
rabcpresbyterian
Shipmate
# 12060

- Posted      Profile for rabcpresbyterian   Email rabcpresbyterian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Christmas Cards bit Ancient Mariner

At last. Seasonal Greetings with teeth.

--------------------
Any man's death diminishes me, for I am part of mankinde - John Donne

Posts: 894 | From: here be dragons | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Christmas cards bit, Curiosity killed...

It's all a lawsuit waiting to happen.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Joyeux

Ship's Lady of Laughter
# 3851

- Posted      Profile for Joyeux   Email Joyeux   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
quote:

Had he nicked him?

KxR (K1 to KB1)
[Killing me] [Killing me]

--------------------
Float?...Do science too

Posts: 4318 | From: over th... no, there! | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
rabcpresbyterian
Shipmate
# 12060

- Posted      Profile for rabcpresbyterian   Email rabcpresbyterian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How does God reveal..crookedcucumber

If I know him, with a flourish. He's a big show off.

--------------------

Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hell (in the bible) (leo)

Well, there's Daniel in the lions' den, of course, but it's not Hell as such, is it?

--------------------
"Allons-y!" "Geronimo!" "Oh, for God's sake!" The Day of the Doctor

At the end of the day, we face our Maker alongside Jesus. RIP ken

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
rabcpresbyterian
Shipmate
# 12060

You shall love the Garden Hermit

Coz he's a bit lonely.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Newly discovered biblical Stoker

Keep those hellfires burning!

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Potoroo
Shipmate
# 13466

- Posted      Profile for Potoroo     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How would you know...Tazman

By her avatar, of course!

--------------------
Gilbert's Potoroo is Australia's most endangered animal.

Posts: 2778 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
Joyeux

Ship's Lady of Laughter
# 3851

- Posted      Profile for Joyeux   Email Joyeux   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Potoroo:
How would you know...Tazman

By her avatar, of course!

I thought it was by the "Hi! My Name Is..." sticker she was wearing.

--------------------
Float?...Do science too

Joyeux

Ship's Lady of Laughter
# 3851

Help, help, I'm being Joyeux

If I see that as being a problem, I suppose that means I'm overdue at the therapist's.

--------------------
Float?...Do science too

KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When to move on from...orfeo

You know the signs:

1. He doesn't call, write, email or answer text messages as he used to.
2. When you do talk to him, he seems eager to cut short any conversation with you.
3. He finds reasons to return your gifts.
4. Suddenly you smell a different perfume in his rooms.
5. He has difficulty looking you in the eye.
6. Instead of nutritious, cruelty-free and environmentally sound nutloaf, tufu and organic ghee in his fridge, you find herbed pork loin, smoked Gruyere, Guinness, and non-fair trade strawberries!
7. His evenings are taken up with new "friends."

--------------------
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." --Quentin Tarantino, Pulp Fiction

Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Sarah Palin. What Next? comet

I say, bring it on! [Big Grin]

Comet for Alaska Governor! Kick ass! Comet knows Africa is a continent! Comet can see Alaska from comet's window! [Yipee]

--------------------

RadicalWhig
Shipmate
# 13190

- Posted      Profile for RadicalWhig   Author's homepage   Email RadicalWhig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
US election results - Amazing Grace

--------------------
Radical Whiggery for Beginners: "Trampling on the Common Prayer Book, talking against the Scriptures, commending Commonwealths, justifying the murder of King Charles I, railing against priests in general." (Sir Arthur Charlett on John Toland, 1695)

Posts: 3193 | From: Scotland | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
450th Anniversary of ... Zach82 ...he's an old bugga, isn't he? I presume he's past the stinketh stage.

--------------------

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not the first against Lyda*Rose

Lyda, most of us are still your friends!

(That'll be a fruitful thread for this one!)

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

One of these days one my posts will be up long enough for someone to put it in FLP...(sniff sniff)

--------------------

Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ship of Fools mugs babybear

Hey, that's not fair, she's only a small bear!

--------------------

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

Ship's token UK Mennonite
# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KenWritez:
One of these days one my posts will be up long enough for someone to put it in FLP...(sniff sniff)

KenWritez, it's just that your posts are so clever and stimulating that people want to reply instantly!

--------------------
I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.

http://reversedstandard.wordpress.com/

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
rabcpresbyterian
Shipmate
# 12060

Oh say can you see..Pigwidgeon

Yes, over there, behind the potted plant.

--------------------

rabcpresbyterian
Shipmate
# 12060

Encounters with the Earwig

One of David Attenborough's lesser known projects. Alas I think it went straight to video.

--------------------

KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

Suitable responses...Moo

"Alex, I'll take 'Farm Animal Calls' for $200, please."

--------------------

Joyeux

Ship's Lady of Laughter
# 3851

Why do smilies eat Lietuvos Sv. Kazimieras?

They've been reading KenWritez's recipes.

--------------------
Float?...Do science too

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Encounters with the Hare Today

None. Had a nice rabbit stew on Saturday though.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Sarah Palin. What Next? comet

I say, bring it on! [Big Grin]

Comet for Alaska Governor!

[Devil] there are whole rafts of career politicians who just died when you posted that.
quote:
Comet can see Alaska from comet's window! [Yipee]

well GEEZ I should hope so. if not the weather really, really sucks!

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
rabcpresbyterian
Shipmate
# 12060

Favourite Movies (Pre-Cambrian)

ooh, Jurassic Park ?

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

Walking Around the ... lily pad

Doesn't take long. Take a flotation safety device, though, if your net weight is greater than 250 g

(That's been a productive thread for FLP)

--------------------

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Does anyone ever say Thurible

Thurifers?

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

Calling all fashionistas...Zappa
"All of you! Yes, you're all Zappa!"

Hatch-battening for...marmot
"Captain, we're taking on water!" "Quickly, man! Batten down the hatches or we might have a wet marmot on our hands! And on ship's furniture!"

Sir Pellinore...Spiffy
Not to mention swavey and de-boner!

See the Wizard:...Zappa
"Wizard Zappa! Munchkin on line two for you!"

Sandals of redemption...Moo
Versus the cowboy boots of grace which whinny.

Grandson of FLP (Famous...Zappa
(What is this? More Zappa? Has SoF become the all-Zappa channel? Sheesh!)

Gay clergy wedding...the coiled spring
"Do you, coiled spring, take this gay clergyperson as your lawful wedded spouse?"

AS: Bell Ringers Meet...Adrian1
"Bell ringers, meet Adrian1. Adrian1, meet bell ringers."

[ 12. November 2008, 17:48: Message edited by: KenWritez ]

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A special hell for...Rossweisse

It involves electric guitars, uncomfortable seats, and the ingestion of black pepper.

A special hell for...Sober Preacher's Kid

...chalices, chasubles, uppity women, and the ingestion of communion wine.

Ross

[ 13. November 2008, 03:49: Message edited by: Rossweisse ]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Let's offend Smudgie

I take that as my mission in life!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wiff Waff:
Let's offend Smudgie

I take that as my mission in life!

And you do it so well, my dear! [Razz]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
rabcpresbyterian
Shipmate
# 12060

The effects of perception...CrookedCucumber

Or is is straight ? Depends how you look at it.

--------------------

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A special hell for Adeodatus

Why? What's he done?

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

quote:
Originally posted by rabcpresbyterian:
The effects of perception...CrookedCucumber

Or is is straight ? Depends how you look at it.

Depends on EU regulations, as far as I understand [Razz]

--------------------

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Pontipines are... Matt Black

Actually, I think they're more of a Red Gloss.

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
RC Bishop Hollis = Chief of Sinners

Really? It looks like someone screwed up pretty badly, then.

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

A special hell for... RooK

All singing, all Duchess, 24/7.

(walks off crooning, "Don't stop...buh-leeevin'....")

[ 13. November 2008, 16:11: Message edited by: KenWritez ]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  ...  156  157  158 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016