homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 10)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

- Posted      Profile for joan knox     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
rats, got my colours mixed up

--------------------
Jesus saves, Allah protects, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich

Posts: 906 | From: edinburgh | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Quiz fun again!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lucky Guess Piglet snuffles into the top 10. [Yipee]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not me: I was too slow and scared of making an idiot's mistake.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
13th place - 44 seconds wasn't a bad time for Captain Slow Piglet. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

- Posted      Profile for joan knox     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
well...that sucked...
subjective 'toppings' question and wild and incorrect guess on 'inventions' kinda destroyed me today
*picks up coat, walks to the end of the queue*

--------------------
Jesus saves, Allah protects, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can not get in! My pass word is not being recognised!

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
oops- my fault!

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by joan knox:
... subjective 'toppings' question ...

Absolutely - not on any potatoes I've ever eaten.

[Projectile]

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh the suspense . . .
21 points today and I'm in second for the month (you know, Real Person First). 19 and custard beats me.

It all came down to this.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Phew - at least the first quiz of the month was on a Sunday this time. It'd be nice if all of the quizzes this month were on a Sunday.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wm Dewy
Shipmate
# 16712

- Posted      Profile for Wm Dewy   Email Wm Dewy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
It'd be nice if all of the quizzes this month were on a Sunday.

A month of Sundays! Oh, the Glory!

--------------------
"And harmoniums and barrel - organs be miserable--what shall I call 'em ? - miserable machines for such a divine thing as music!"

Posts: 216 | From: Indiana USA | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wm Dewy:
quote:
It'd be nice if all of the quizzes this month were on a Sunday.

A month of Sundays! Oh, the Glory!
Oh the pain. I'd never score ever again!

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Marvellous Marchers:

57 players played during the month.

1. AntisocialAlto (833 points, 20 wins)
2. Ariston (574 points, 1 wins)
3. custard (571 points, 4 wins)
4. Star (517 points, 0 wins)
5. jedijudy (482 points, 0 wins)
6. Gussie (465 points, 0 wins)
7. Loveheart (437 points, 1 wins)
8. joanknox (399 points, 0 wins)
9. TheRogue (396 points, 0 wins)
10. ceesharp (348 points, 0 wins)

well done, all our not-so-April Fools [Smile]

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'm sometimes quite good on a Sunday. Today wasn't one of those times.

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Another disastrous Sunday with the Bible!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A lucky guess about spiders has put me (temporarily) in first place!

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kevin:
Another disastrous Sunday with the Bible!

This would make quite an intriguing sig. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

ack, geography phail

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I did like Smudgie; changed a right answer for the wrong one.

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

26 seconds, 10/10.
I Have No Idea How I Did That.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
I did like Smudgie; changed a right answer for the wrong one.

I changed a wrong answer for another wrong one. Unfortunately two wrongs don't make a right ... [Frown]

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

I'm number one!

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I did like Smudgie

I hope you still do - certainly my score today gives you nothing to dislike [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Considering how much Timmy's™ I drink, I'm mortally embarrassed that I didn't get the coffee question right. Mind you, I've never heard that expression for coffee, so it's no wonder really ...

[Frown]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

quote:
quote:
I did like Smudgie

I hope you still do - certainly my score today gives you nothing to dislike [Big Grin]
I always like my co-SoFA founder(s)! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Sometimes the quiz turns into a lottery. Amazing just how many Americans I've never heard of.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

quote:
Sometimes the quiz turns into a lottery. Amazing just how many Americans I've never heard of.

Agreed. Today I just guessed lucky...

[what a diabolically constructed sentence]

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Third! [Yipee]

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

quote:
Originally posted by joan knox:
quote:

Agreed. Today I just guessed lucky...

[what a diabolically constructed sentence]

Same here . . .
Oh, and Sir K: fixed that for ya! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Sixth place and in less than twice Antisocial Alto's time! [Yipee]

Happy piglet. [Smile]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've just realised I am only 518 FT bucks away from buying my own aircraft carrier - where can I invade when I get it?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd say some island in the Caribbean. Should be easy to win and there are lots of beaches.
Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Absolutely nothing, once I get my submarine!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
I've just realised I am only 518 FT bucks away from buying my own aircraft carrier - where can I invade when I get it?

How about somewhere cold for a change? Iceland? Newfoundland? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Sixth here.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:

How about somewhere cold for a change? Iceland? Newfoundland? [Big Grin]
BRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

I don't do cold, if I can help it. A Caribbean island sounds more fun, or Tahiti!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Suddenly remembered—with 19 minutes left!—that I hadn't taken today's quiz.
Sometimes, mild panic helps your time.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

My first 10/10 for a little while but in my usual abysmal time!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bloody movies!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I managed to remember it from a previous quiz otherwise I might well have failed on that one, too. I hate movie questions!

--------------------

Just Me
Shipmate
# 14937

- Posted      Profile for Just Me     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Bloody movies!

Couldn't agree more! Very easy general knowledge if you're a film buff.

I managed 10/10 but only with 1 lucky guess and one that took me ages before I decided it was probably right. I knew one of the film questions though.

Posts: 104 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Bloody movies!

Yea and amen, Pete. [Frown]

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Aaaarghhhhh! I dithered over Cinderella for what must have been about twenty seconds and ruined my time...

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I beat Weasel again in total answered. [Big Grin] One of the easiest quizzes in a long time!

Just to remind everyone to brush up on Easter symbolism and stories for Sunday's set

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

bother, I never really was a cunning linguist...

--------------------

Yam-pk
Shipmate
# 12791

- Posted      Profile for Yam-pk   Email Yam-pk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Debut quiz entry - 9/10 in 59 secs [Help]
Posts: 472 | From: The Grim North | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
O Yam, Yam, Yam dear...you'll do much worse than that, hon. I guarantee it. Don't mistake this quiz for a test of your IQ, or meaningful info stored in your brayne. Wait til you get a lint question. Or a date etiquette question. And please don't feel compelled to report your score every day. Just a few tips from a poor player (me).
Have fun. [Smile]

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Just Me
Shipmate
# 14937

- Posted      Profile for Just Me     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's more like it - I can answer those ones.
Posts: 104 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Got question 1 wrong - remember them both, watched neither. [Frown]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016