homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 12)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If it is the one I am thinking of, the heading to the question was relevant and provided the only real clue to the correct answer.

Edited to add the link to the quiz seeing as we're on a new page.

[ 21. April 2012, 14:37: Message edited by: lily pad ]

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Got them all right, but have no idea how!

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tree Bee:
Got them all right, but have no idea how!

Me, too! I had two pure guesses!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Even before I clicked to finish the Bible quiz I knew it was going to be a bad score.

I'm surprised it wasn't worse!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So am I [Razz]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

- Posted      Profile for joan knox     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
this little light of mine... is lit with the wrong stuff, apparently... ack!

--------------------
Jesus saves, Allah protects, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich

Posts: 906 | From: edinburgh | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Genevičve

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

- Posted      Profile for Genevičve   Email Genevičve   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I should have known the one I missed. Dang.

--------------------
"Ineffable" defined: "I cannot and will not be effed with." (Courtesy of CCTooSweet in Running the Books)

Posts: 4336 | From: Eastern US | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thwarted by films, again.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The law of averages suggested that eventually I should get all my guesses right - today it finally happened. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hate movie questions and apparently I am not good at answers to an unanswerable question.

[Waterworks]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just as I congratulate myself on a lucky guess or two, I noticed I got dumb and didn't look twice at the answer I got wrong.
Whoops.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At last, a place in the day's standings that actually survives the final scoring [Cool]

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The modem decided to disconnect itself halfway through doing the quiz!

[Mad]

I still got one wrong all on my own without any help.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

- Posted      Profile for joan knox     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
oh good grief... [brick wall]

--------------------
Jesus saves, Allah protects, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich

Posts: 906 | From: edinburgh | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bob Two-Owls
Shipmate
# 9680

- Posted      Profile for Bob Two-Owls         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Held the top five for the day so far, my best showing in many a moon. I guess I'll be down to 11th by midnight though...
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Solidly in third. It wouldn't even let me take the quiz yesterday as it was very late, though not past midnight.

For yesterday, read "Monday".

[ 25. April 2012, 00:37: Message edited by: Sir Kevin ]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Well, at least I was accurate.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At least I was accurate and faster than a weasel. That'll do me for today.
Some of those questions..... I had to read them twice because I simply didn't believe what I was reading! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

MiceElf

Not your average mouse
# 4389

- Posted      Profile for MiceElf   Email MiceElf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not faster than a speeding penguin, but better than yesterdays dismal score.

--------------------
What do we want.... Cure for Obesity
When do we want it.... After Dessert.

Posts: 1032 | From: OILOVWOIGHT | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Who are all these singers?

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Question number five was malarkey. Sadly, I've heard part of that horrible "song" and for some unknown reason, I knew the name of the singer! It's even worse than the tripe I was hearing at work by Lady Gaga last night. Had I re-read Q5, I would have taken too long and missed the top ten anyway. I prefer "difficult" to "average": the questions are more intelligent!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
*whew*
Guessed the music one correctly.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So you're saying that quiz was Toxic? All you can say is "Oops, I Did It Again?"

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Now that was pretty nifty this morning.
Trouble is, I get the distinct impression that my second place in 37 seconds is not going to look so impressive once the board starts to fill. Still, I will bask in my glory (and ignore the fact that Japes beat me by one second for first place [Biased] )

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Damn! Took too long but I would have felt a right idiot if I'd gotten one wrong... It was too bloody easy and required extensive proofreading.

[brick wall] [brick wall] [brick wall]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not terribly fast, but completely correct. [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I've not done the quiz yet but feel I must make a disparaging statement about penguins being top of the table - what is the world coming to?

If we're not careful they'll want voting rights next!

It's the thin end of the wedge, I tell you.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

First time I've been described as "thin" in a long time. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

...and WW leaps into first place!

[Having been the only one to play so far may influence the joy that accompanies the announcement.]

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

And Smudgie leaps into last place!

Serves me right for being too flippin' cocky to read the questions properly.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
10/10 due to the agencies of Lucky Guess Piglet.

Did anyone understand question 10? Answers on a postcard please. [Confused]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

It comes from a quiz about a buried treasure I'd never heard of before.

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

I managed to get them all right, but it wouldn't tabulate my answers! No way I was answering questions for seventy-five seconds: you lot know I am never that slow...

[brick wall] [Disappointed]

--------------------

Custard
Shipmate
# 5402

- Posted      Profile for Custard   Author's homepage   Email Custard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, that was a close finish to April!

--------------------
blog
Adam's likeness, Lord, efface;
Stamp thine image in its place.

Posts: 4523 | From: Snot's Place | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Indeed! I was watching you and Other AA have at each other all month—and it comes down to two points!
That was a barn-burner for sure!

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Curse my colleague who walked in to ask a stupid question while I was halfway through today's quiz! He cost me about a minute! [Mad]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Had to make a few blind guesses today, so down went my score!

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And April's Awesomely Alliterative Adepts Are:

54 players played during the month.

1. custard (719 points, 11 wins)

2. AntisocialAlto (717 points, 13 wins)

3. Ariston (578 points, 1 wins)

4. ceesharp (529 points, 1 wins)

5. jedijudy (456 points, 0 wins)

6. Loveheart (416 points, 0 wins)

7. TheRogue (409 points, 1 wins)

8. Marvin_the_Martian (391 points, 0 wins)

9. Star (389 points, 1 wins)

10. Gussie (355 points, 0 wins)

Big round of applause to all who played with an extra cheer for canny custard [Smile]

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

I thought hard about the Jack Nicholson film, changed the answer and got it correct! Currently in ninth...

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] feckin' 'Murcan sport questions [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Can you tell I'm not very pleased? [Devil]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I really do know the square root of bugger-all about movies - and I like that about myself.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

I know what you mean. Half of the ones I get wrong I feel no shame in not knowing.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I got 10/10 in 47 seconds including questions about American film and television and still only managed 15th place.

Hmph.

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Apparently I am unversed in air travel history...

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Once again, perfectly correct but not perfectly speedy.

--------------------

Bob Two-Owls
Shipmate
# 9680

- Posted      Profile for Bob Two-Owls         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In at first place for the first time ever! I'll give it ten minutes ...
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The milkmaids did for me today.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
The milkmaids did for me today.

I've been to barn dances too .....

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Video games from 2002 [Paranoid]

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I don't care what year it came from, I guessed it correctly. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016