homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 13)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For goodness' sake, Smudgie, read the blinkin' question! [brick wall]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[brick wall] [Disappointed]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hello? Hello! Good Morning! How are you this fine day?
Enjoy your quiz!

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kevin:
[brick wall] [Disappointed]

What he said.

In my defence, how the hell am I supposed to know who was in the feckin' Mickey Mouse Club?

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

- Posted      Profile for joan knox     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
*face/palm*

went for speed over accuracy... well that was not clever!

--------------------
Jesus saves, Allah protects, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich

Posts: 906 | From: edinburgh | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ooh second place for the month so far. I've managed 10 out of 10 every day - must be a record for me.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gussie:
Ooh second place for the month so far. I've managed 10 out of 10 every day - must be a record for me.

Braggart! [Disappointed]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Silly me, and here I thought the film started a good actress!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Finally getting the hang of this...

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gradually losing the hang of this methinks.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
!@#$%&* film questions. [Mad]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

That's what I meant to say, but I couldn't spell " !@#$%&* !"

--------------------

Bob Two-Owls
Shipmate
# 9680

- Posted      Profile for Bob Two-Owls         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you quiz...I have been trying to think what those little plastic things were for the last six months. One of those bits of trivia only ever useful in a quiz.
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Ninth today: was hard but fun!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'm right behind you, Sir K - with the help of Lucky Guess Piglet I got the film question right! [Yipee]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Yipee]

God bless my little cotton socks and vague folk memory.

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Apparently I've already played today so my answers couldn't be accepted.
Own up, who is my sock puppet? [Paranoid]

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Poor TB - that's annoying. Did you play very late yesterday?

--------------------

Bob Two-Owls
Shipmate
# 9680

- Posted      Profile for Bob Two-Owls         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The submit button didn't work for me today. Some gremlins I think.
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
Poor TB - that's annoying. Did you play very late yesterday?

Not really, about 9. Was very strange.

Managed to play OK today, but had never heard of that expedition and guessed wrongly.

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Slid into a draw for seventh with AA. [Yipee]

--------------------

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I did not like todays quiz at all! Trivia all the way....

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I liked it quite a lot.

10/10 in less than twice Antisocial Alto's time = happy piglet. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

TOO FECKING SLOW!

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Woohoo - first (but probably not last) 10/10 of the day. Not a brilliant time, but it was definitely worth re-reading that question!

*little celebratory dance accompanied by resolution not to look at this thread again until tomorrow so that the speedy/accurate hordes don't burst my bubble*

[Yipee]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I always seem to do better on the 'harder' rather than the easier quizzes.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Me too!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

And me - sixth place! [Yipee]

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:

*little celebratory dance accompanied by resolution not to look at this thread again until tomorrow so that the speedy/accurate hordes don't burst my bubble*

[Yipee]

Chorister tries to imagine what a penguin doing a little celebratory dance would look like - no idea, but I bet it's rather cute.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My lowest ever score!

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'm truly rubbish at the Old Testament.* Maybe I should listen more carefully to the First Lesson ...

* despite the fact that I regularly get unpronounceable bits of it to read in church. [Eek!]

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

I'd have been in eighth had I not missed the third or fourth question! 9/10 on Sunday is good for me...

--------------------

Bob Two-Owls
Shipmate
# 9680

Damn gremlins again, it said I gave no answer for the last question when I clearly had an answer marked when I hit submit...
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In response to question #2: Thunder Up.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Feckin' American netball questions. [Mad]

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

If it makes you feel any better, piglet, the team in that question hasn't existed for over five years. Yes, I knew the answer they wanted, but seriously, to have a question that comically out-of-date still entering the rotation?

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Lucky guess on last question, but it cost me too much time.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by AristonAstuanax:
If it makes you feel any better, piglet, the team in that question hasn't existed for over five years ...

Thanks for the thought, AA, but if I'm honest, it wouldn't make any difference ... [Big Grin]

Much better today: Lucky Guess Piglet got the film question right and whizzed into 6th place.

[Yipee]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I would have thought that the answer to Q8 was An Arizona desert

Good luck with picking the Pizza question gave me 10 but with my usual abysmal timings.

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Bloody hell! I too missed the royals! Would have been too slow for top ten anyway. Is there any honour in being second among non-finishers, i.e. off by one question?

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I actually changed a wrong answer to a right one today! [Yipee]

I thought about it for far too long, but still ...

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

10/10 in 44 seconds has got to be one of my better scores - especially without the use of a mouse - but I'm sure I'll soon be blasted out of my position in first place. I just have to hope that I'm also blasted out of my position in last place. [Big Grin]

May I just comment - isn't it quiet here without the Weasel?

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Morbidly quiet, Pingu. There are some who would wish to take up mouse on his behalf, however.

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I expect he'll be back quite soon - he said over in AS that he was on his way home.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm back and still abysmally slow!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

You're one whole second less abysmal than me, Weasel, but welcome back anyway. [Big Grin]

Lucky Guess Piglet was on very good form today. [Yipee]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you, ma'am - not too bad a result today, currently second place out of eight. At least I seem to have remembered the answer to the question that always bugs me.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Dear Smudgie - I hope you and The Boy had a good weekend away but did you really have to spoil the effect by beating me at the quiz?

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
... I seem to have remembered the answer to
the question that always bugs me.

Unlike me - I suspect it may be the same one - this time I didn't remember it. [brick wall]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I know almost nothing about movies - and it shows!

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016