homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 14)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
I know almost nothing about movies - and it shows!

My problem too- American teen movies in particular. Lowest score ever today, because all my movie guesses were wrong.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Play away!

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I changed my answer in the Carrie question from the right one to the wrong one.

Bugger. [Frown]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lucky guess today about a comedian I've never heard of and a TV show I've never heard of that apparently he appears in.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Hot and Hormonal] Dear me, how could I get the World War 2 question wrong... I know it all happened before I was born, and my parents were but pre-school children, but even so... [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can not get in to the quiz at the moment. Feel very put out- I must be addicted!

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It loaded for me but I only got 9/10 - and a lousy time from spending too long reading the questions.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Japes:
[Hot and Hormonal] Dear me, how could I get the World War 2 question wrong... [Hot and Hormonal]

My best friend used to date a Franco-American lady born on that day and my dad fought in that war, so I could never forget it.

I like the harder quizzes: I generally do well on them and I am solidly in third at the moment.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm sooooooo depressed.
Two I should have known but didn't. Only one I feel no shame whatsoever for not knowing. But 7/10 - shameful! Even the Weasel beat me. [Frown]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Forget the Weasel, little one. Even I beat you!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
Lucky guess today about a comedian I've never heard of and a TV show I've never heard of that apparently he appears in.

Unlucky guess ditto ditto ditto ... [Mad]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Forget the Weasel, little one. Even I beat you!

Ooooh, the shame!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just barely in ninth. I am always wary of trick questions on the easy ones!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I managed to sidle into 10th, but bearing in mind some of my recent performances that makes me a v. happy piglet. [Smile]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Currently in 1st place, nobody else has played yet, but probably about to be overtaken.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

The trouble with these very easy quizzes is that I waste ages re-reading the question because I can't believe they can be quite so inane! [Biased] Seriously, I'm not quite sure how I got such a slow time as I thought I was comparatively speedy (comparing it to usual, not to other people who are always faster with the trigger finger than I am). But I'm content. I'm not competitive. No, really, I'm not.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
...I'm not competitive. No, really, I'm not.

That a good thing with tiny little legs, webbed feet and flipper type wings!

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

quote:
quote:
...I'm not competitive. No, really, I'm not.

That a good thing with tiny little legs, webbed feet and flipper type wings!
Yes, but they're the best little legs, webbed feet and flipper type wings in the entire universe [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I changed a wrong answer to a right one! [Yipee] And I'm only behind the Penguin because she played before I did ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

....know nuffing 'bout pirates!
[brick wall]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Moderately pathetic.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Play away! [/URL]

Excuse me, but are you encouraging shipmates to infidelity?

--------------------

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

quote:
quote:
Play away! [/URL]

Excuse me, but are you encouraging shipmates to infidelity?
[Biased]

--------------------
Still missing the gator

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

Duhhh! A really daft mistake!

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hah! I've never guessed that one correctly before!

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

DS, I suspect you're talking about the one I didn't guess correctly. Obscure Old Testament families have never been my strong point ... [Disappointed]

--------------------

Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That'd be the one. Every time I try to commit it to memory I end up playing that fizz-buzz counting game in my head.

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

[brick wall] I am not a dancer, else I should have been in sixth place!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Neither am I, but I managed 7th. [Yipee]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Wow! That was a tough one today.

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, that was not skill, that was one very lucky guess I made!!!!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Lucky Guess Piglet has been replaced by Completely Useless Piglet. [Frown]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

...but at least it took you less time to be completely useless than it took me.

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's not every day that simply getting every question right, time be damned, gives you a finish in the top three.

Perhaps I should have googled a few of those questions after all . . .

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Back to 10/10 - but still slow!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Answer to question 6 today is easy (and correct), unless you are a teenager, then there are several other choices.

[Razz]

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Low man in a three-way draw for sixth...

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Answer to question 6 today is easy (and correct), unless you are a teenager, then there are several other choices.

[Killing me] So true,Uncle Pete!

Again changed the right answer for the wrong one! When will I ever learn?

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Just scraped into the top 10 behind Spike, Deckhand and Sir K.

Could be worse ...

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Bloody teenage type moving pictures!

[Mad]

Although I got one right because it has shown up so often that my Granny would tick the right box.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Lucky guess achieved by not even reading the answers. Why should I care when their birthday is? They never send me a card!

Typical that the one day I whizz and have a meagre chance of getting in the top ten is the day I start the quiz going before picking the laptop up. I always forget it's against the clock from the moment you click play!

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Who are these people whose birthday I am supposed to know?

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Famous actors all, Pete! I don't know why I dithered over that question so long: I knew that two of them were born in our lifetimes...

[brick wall] [brick wall] [brick wall] [brick wall] [brick wall]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

10/10 in 37 seconds may be my best performance ever, and got me into 10th place.

Only 11 seconds behind Antisocial Alto too ... [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

PS Don't worry, AA, I'm unlikely to manage a repeat performance for a while. [Big Grin]

--------------------

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

A really rubbish score for me today! I had to guess on so many, and got them all wrong!

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
May's Marvels:

52 players played during the month.

1. AntisocialAlto (860 points, 23 wins)
2. ceesharp (555 points, 1 wins)
3. Ariston (506 points, 2 wins)
4. Star (488 points, 2 wins)
5. Marvin_the_Martian (427 points, 0 wins)
6. Gussie (423 points, 0 wins)
7. jedijudy (412 points, 0 wins)
8. Loveheart (405 points, 0 wins)
9. TheRogue (348 points, 0 wins)
10. Bob_Two_Owls (340 points, 0 wins)

Sorry for delay. Well done all!

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

A completely pathetic performance!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

One lucky guess, one unlucky; I'm not a Trekkist. Not often you'd make 12th place with 9/10 in 69 seconds though ...

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

No. 1 tripped me this Sunday. And I should have known better. [Disappointed]

At least I beat Weasel! [Yipee]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Golly! I'm still first!! [Yipee]

That's not happened for quite a while.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016