homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 16)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bloody albums!

Top of page

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I got the album right (Lucky Guess Piglet strikes again) but I got the sport one wrong.

I'm never going to get Canadian citizenship at this rate ... [Big Grin]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Great" moments in quiztaking: one of the questions reappears later. I miss one, not the other.

Whoops.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Hot and Hormonal]

Lesson learned today - do not do the quiz before one, if not two, cups of coffee have been drunk. Brain obviously does not function without caffeine.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AristonAstuanax:
"Great" moments in quiztaking: one of the questions reappears later. I miss one, not the other.

Whoops.

Weird - so did I. I didn't answer the second one at all.

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks to the sundry brainfarts of some of my rivals, I'm in third place. [Yipee]

On a Sunday. [Eek!]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Two lucky guesses gives me 10/10 - I'm amazed!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just sign me:

Gobsmacked on a Monday morning

10/10 in 80 (yes,80!) seconds. And Fluffy the Bunny even pooped on the right song answer!

[Yipee]

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A hesitation of camels, more like!

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

How about a bollocks of American television shows? [Mad]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah well, 9/10 is better than it might have been.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Foiled by one bad guess and one silly mistake - phoeey!

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Joy reigneth in the PeteC household this Tuesday! Ok, I might have taken longer, but I got them all right!

Eat my dust, Smudgie!
You, too, Weasel!

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How could I forget Michael J. Fox's disease? [brick wall]

My mother died from it at age eighty! [Tear]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Joy reigneth in the PeteC household this Tuesday! ...

Well done Pete! [Yipee]

Chez Piglet is also Quite Pleased. Further [Yipee]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

At least I'm back to 10/10.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At least I'm back to 10/10. And ooh, look, I'm faster than a weasel too. PeteC... look to your laurels.

(Doubtless some speedy smartalec will go whizzing past me into the lead within minutes, but I like to enjoy my moments of glory seeing as they're so few and far between). [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi there!

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Precisely.

(See, I was right again [Big Grin] )

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I knew I'd given up on this for a reason - I'm so damn slow on this laptop

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

[Waterworks] And the answer was given in another question! [Waterworks]

You twit!

Don't worry, I'll be back soon!

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
[Waterworks] And the answer was given in another question! [Waterworks]

You twit!

Don't worry, I'll be back soon!

Tomorrow, probably, and I'll beat you again [Biased] [Snigger] [Axe murder]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not giving anything away when I say that Popeye didn't live in any of those places where I grew up. Still got 10 out of 10. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was temporarily in ninth place until the bloody software failed to record the correct answer on the last question! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I tried to submit a correction for question 10 (their answer is no longer strictly correct) but it told me I had to be logged in. How the **** did they think I did the quiz if I wasn't logged in?

20th place today, which is nothing to write home about, although I was faster than a certain weasel ...

... just. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

All would have been well if I had ever watched a television series which apparently ended some years ago.

[Disappointed]

--------------------

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Haven't played for a while so happy enough to be in 5th so far today! No doubt I shall have plummeted down the rankings before the day is over....
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Yay! I squeaked into ninth!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I've snuck into 10th.

Sir K., I hate to burst your bubble, but you're now 12th ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Very easy - if you like movies, and can remember obscure sporting data from a decade before (Fluffy helped here, though).

Last until next Thursday, you lot. Off and away!

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kevin:
Yay! I squeaked into ninth!

Again!

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Argh. I really did know the answer to that.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I didn't, but I didn't make a very intelligent (or lucky) guess. [Frown]

I don't actually know if we're both talking about the same question ...

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

A perfect 10/10 and a usual pathetic timing but I'll blame that on my convalescence - possibly for the next several years!

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

My general knowledge was failed by my lack of common sense this morning. Who but me would be stupid enough to pick up their breakfast bowl in one hand, spoon in the other, and then click on "play game"? [brick wall]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Don't complain, so far you are 1st out of 8.

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Had I not made a not-lucky guess on the idiotic cow question, I should have been in fourth place! I am not getting older and I'm not getting better....

[brick wall] [brick wall]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Lucky Guess Piglet trots merrily into 7th place. [Yipee]

"Average" must be my forte ...

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Well, at least I was quicker than yesterday.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Slow with faulty guess-power - not a winning combination. [Waterworks]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Good to have a hard quiz for a change....firmly in seventh.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

11th today - Lucky Guess Piglet on good form. [Smile]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Still slow!

re yesterday and Smudgiekins - remember the last shall be first and the first, last.

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

[Mad] [Disappointed] [Paranoid]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

In the top ten with 60 seconds on an "easy" day - I'm not complaining! [Smile]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I hate it when I change my mind at the last minute and delete a correct answer.

Just like Smudgie.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Ah, but she didn't make that mistake this time [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Just you wait, Henry Higgins, just you wait!

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

I was surprised to make it into the top nine: I don't know much about gambling so the dice question was just a lucky guess!
[Big Grin]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

How should I know what the feckin' 'Murcans do with their criminals? [Mad]

More to the point, why should I care?

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016