homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 18)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
First time I've played and I got 77 seconds! [Yipee]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here's the quiz...

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A nice difficult one, with room for educated guesses puts me in the top five! [Yipee]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kevin:
... educated guesses ...

Unfortunately one of mine wasn't. [Frown] The rest were though ... [Big Grin]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Have I ever mentioned how much I like Sundays? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't mind Sundays BUT I don't like it when the internet has a conniption just as I try to load the quiz!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh look! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Overused] , Pingu, [Overused]

I managed seventh place [Yipee] despite getting Nahor's sons wrong, again.*

* probably differently wrong from the last time I got them wrong ... [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Congratulations Smudgie!

...and thanks to Pete for his "support" [Two face]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ten on ten on Monday with a sheer blind lucky guess in the actors' kids name category. Who cares about these things?

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

That was one speedy weasel this morning. Come on, admit it, who's been feeding him caffeine?

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Snigger]

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ooooh, second place. At least right now! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
That was one speedy weasel this morning ...

... and an equally speedy piglet, but the weasel gets Chronogeographical Precedence™. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Regular service has resumed today.

Who watches plays?

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

ME!!

Or I used to when I lived elsewhere.

--------------------

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
19th...not good enough [Disappointed]
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Oh look, I beat Smudgie again!

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Slotted firmly in seventh. I could have been faster, but I knew all the answers.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I didn't. Three I had no idea about at all and guessed wrongly. [Frown]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Just Me
Shipmate
# 14937

- Posted      Profile for Just Me     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Distinctly respectable - even if the decathlon one was a bit of a guess.
Posts: 104 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

It was for me also.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Bloody filums! I hovered between two actors - all for naught, as neither were correct!

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It was the bone question that got me. Don't know my femur from my tibia!

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

The questions took a lot of reading this morning. But one lucky guess and a couple of obscure trinkets of knowledge helped to compensate a little.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

quote:
Originally posted by Starbug:
It was the bone question that got me. Don't know my femur from my tibia!

Trust me. You would know if you ever broke your femur.

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Too slow and too wrong for top ten: I have only seen two Dolly Parton films. The answer was not among them as they were Little Whorehouse with tickets comped for us by the producers in return for market research and 9 to 5 which I worked on when it became a touring Broadway musical. The only film I ever saw about a beauty shop was Beauty Shop...

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Spent too long reading the "crawl to the quiz-masters" question. [Mad]

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Damn! Must recount bones. Amazingly I guessed right about the Whitbread Cup, though I did remember it was a beer from my first visit to the UK...

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

Woohoo! I'm fourth in the table!

*dances a slightly embarrassing jig* [Big Grin]

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

I like your sig - that's from 3 Men in a Boat, the funniest book I've ever read, isn't it? I have a first edition that's well over a hundred years old....

--------------------

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones....
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Just Me
Shipmate
# 14937

- Posted      Profile for Just Me     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I coulda been a contender - if I knew anything about boxing.

Think I'm getting quicker though.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

10/10 in 41 seconds and sixth place - [Yipee] - if three earlier players* hadn't got the same score I'd have been in third ... [Big Grin]

* YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE ... [Devil]

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

The one time I'm anywhere near being in the top ten and I have to go on holiday for a week! [Waterworks]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

You could always send Smudgelet on his own.

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

I think the score from Indian Wells (another native Californian?) jinxed me! [brick wall]

--------------------

Just Me
Shipmate
# 14937

Rats - stoopid mistake.
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kevin:
I like your sig - that's from 3 Men in a Boat, the funniest book I've ever read, isn't it? I have a first edition that's well over a hundred years old....

Yes, it's one of my favourite books. My favourite bits are the inconsiderate courtship of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn and J's consternation that he doesn't have Housemaid's Knee.

Got two wrong in today's quiz. Drat and double drat!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I hates obscure filums, I does, I does!

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Pete, you are not alone!

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Lucky and educated guess on a film I'd never seen propelled me into a higher place than I've had lately....

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

Ninth place! I made it into the top ten!!!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Sorry to burst your bubble, Starbug, but I'm in ninth now ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Golly, I'm first on Tuesday.

Basks briefly in glory

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Sorry Pete, you have been usurped - but I will be in my turn very soon!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Not even 15 minutes of fame!

[Waterworks]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I thought you were famous wherever you went!

...or is the better word 'notorious'?

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I can live with notorious...

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

I'M NUMBER ONE!

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016