homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 20)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
July's Jugglers

53 players played during the month.

1. indianwells (510 points, 2 wins)

2. ceesharp (500 points, 0 wins)

3. barbara (499 points, 5 wins)

4. Marvin_the_Martian (465 points, 6 wins)

5. TreeBee (441 points, 1 wins)

6. TheRogue (418 points, 1 wins)

7. Gussie (418 points, 0 wins)

8. Loveheart (365 points, 0 wins)

9. AntisocialAlto (335 points, 9 wins)

10. sharkshooter (302 points, 0 wins)

Well done, all*

*who tf is indianwells? [Confused]

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Another new page already ...

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I really, really, really like this train wreck's definition of "famous couple". I just closed my eyes and clicked. It came up with three cherries.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
10/10 but no idea how!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All correct, but in a draw for 11th.... [Frown]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
I really, really, really like this train wreck's definition of "famous couple" ...

I think at the time they were quite well-known in certain circles ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So were the Kray brothers!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Knowing the right answer and ticking the right box are quite unrelated!

[Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Another internet blip on loading meant a lousy time but at least I got them all right.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

For some reason the wording of the first question didn't make sense to me, and I ended up changing the right answer for a wrong one.

Hmph.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The trouble with the easier quizzes is that I sometimes lose time re-reading the question looking for the catch!

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

...and having the same question twice is such a regular occurrence these days.

--------------------

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Having the same question twice in one quiz is the crew's quiz equivalent of scratching.
Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Killing me]

I like that!

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

The Quiz has gone missing again, at least over here - last time it was back in 20-30 minutes, so let's hope...

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
The trouble with the easier quizzes is that I sometimes lose time re-reading the question looking for the catch!

Me too!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I got the American-TV-show-which-I've-never-seen question right! [Yipee]

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Yay! Seventh place!

--------------------

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Low score- my maths was at fault, and having to guess the American popular culture ones.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kevin:
Yay! Seventh place!

[Big Grin]

P.S. Who's Sybil?

--------------------

Sylvander
Shipmate
# 12857

- Posted      Profile for Sylvander   Author's homepage   Email Sylvander   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Amazing. Been away so long and still not better than before...
Posts: 1589 | From: Berlin | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Well, you managed to beat me!

--------------------

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can not get in to the quiz! I am being asked for user name and passwords, but the system will not accept my ship names/password.
Odd.
Any ideas, anyone?

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You have to register separately for the quiz on the quiz website - it's nothing to do with the Ship beyond having a quiz set up for our use.

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How easy was that quiz today! Jeepers, we're all perfect 10s! But Pingu was loads faster than Weasel. And me at the bottom of the list of 10s, per usual.

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

You know how slow the connection is here, Pete - I reckon that on average it takes 10 seconds for the quiz to load.

...and anyway I reckon Pingu has both youf on her side plus she gets more exercise/practice in chasing Poor Longsuffering Smudgelet round Smudgie Towers.

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Very insecurely in the top ten! Would that I could have been faster...
[Frown]

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Two lucky guesses. *whew!*

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

One good guess, one duff one.

I'll be even further from Jahlove's Top Ten than usual this month, as I'm heading off on holiday tomorrow for the rest of the month, and I probably won't be doing much Ship-surfing.

Be good while I'm away. [Smile]

--------------------

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

Have a good break, Piglet

--------------------
Still missing the gator

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

10 out 0f 10, and my fastest time ever! I am in at number 3, until the really speedy people play! [Smile]

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry, Weeder.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sylvander
Shipmate
# 12857

- Posted      Profile for Sylvander   Author's homepage   Email Sylvander   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
Be good while I'm away. [Smile]

What??`If we all do a U-turn at once and then again when you return, it'll be mayhem. So I'll carry on as before if you permit.

--------------------
A martyr is someone living with a saint.

Posts: 1589 | From: Berlin | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

One wrong on Monday but that's pure blind luck.

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Aaargh! Just missed the draw for tenth!

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

I am in tenth today. Was careful but not fast!

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And now it's just me trying to see how long I can hold off the Grumpy Soprano-with-Sheet-Music . . .
Seeing as I don't think either of us is exactly planning on screwing up, this could turn nasty.

[ 15. August 2012, 07:44: Message edited by: Ariston ]

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

I was so careful with gems and with ladies' undergarments and shoes that I pissed away more than twenty seconds and thus face relegation!
[brick wall]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Bloody Amurrrrican teevee shows!

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Slowed down by mental argument with the question setter - honestly, it depends which part: just cos one answer's more obvious than the other, it doesn't mean the other's wrong. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Bloody Amurrrrican teevee shows!

Amen, Uncle Pete. You're above me in the list today!

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

First, first and last - all at once!

--------------------

Loveheart

Blue-scarved menace
# 12249

- Posted      Profile for Loveheart   Email Loveheart   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Am off on hols this evening, so unlikely to be partaking for a while...

--------------------
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 3638 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Yay! Changed a wrong answer for a right one.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Even with only 7 correct I was not the bottom of the heap this Sunday!

Curse you, Pingu!

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Ack. This time changed a right answer for a wrong one.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Wow, under 85 seconds and just 2 seconds behind weasel on this Monday morning!

My cup runneth over...

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Erm, I suggest you clean your specs and have another look at the times!

I know you are pretty much innumerate but when I was at school

82 - 60 = 22

but perhaps they hadn't completed the invention of number when you went to school...

...come to think of it they may not have invented school!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

[Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

I shoulda knowed.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016