homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 22)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I only knew one of the names so guessed that - and I was wrong, too.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Who's ready for film, American TV, and obscure boy band questions?

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whatever happened to you today, Ariston? I mean even I got them all right?

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
posted by Ariston:
Who's ready for film, American TV, and obscure boy band questions?

And let's see how many I can get wrong ....
Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmm. You oversold that one Ariston - I thought I was on for very few, but apparently not!

--------------------
I came to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til travelling days are done

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It was a general statement, really—I typed it before taking today's quiz.

And Pete, I don't remember what the question was, but I did something dumb. You know how some answers are one letter off, and when you're going for a sub-30 second time you don't quite read every single letter? Yeah. That's what happened.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've never been anywhere near a sub-30-second time ... [Frown]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Normally 31 seconds would have me dancing around the room. [Disappointed]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
8/10 ain't gonna win me any prizes!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When I dither I should really go for the one that is nagging at me - that was a series of mostly lucky guesses - but there was something just whispering about the one I got wrong.

I can't do sub 30s on this laptop, irritatingly I used to be able to on the PC.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's OK. I'll support y'all from the bottom of the pile today.

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
7/10 is not too bad for a first try, I suppose, but it took me 108 seconds. Did someone do it in under 40? [Confused]

Flood control sends me back to spend the rest of my 120 seconds commenting that this kind of quiz is a new thing for me. Quite fun, but oh, how out of touch I am with today's world! [Eek!]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How the **** should I know what Americans rub on the nether regions of their offspring? [Confused]

Got the pop question wrong too - a bit after my time ... [Frown]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I objected to that too, piglet, because the only Desitin product I have ever seen in my life was a pre-war tin of athletes' foot powder, and I couldn't quite see how placing that on a baby's bum would help anything.

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I knew the answer to one of the Bible questions. Why, oh, why, oh why, did I second guess myself?

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You and me both, Pete, you and me both.

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
... a pre-war tin of athletes' foot powder ...

[Killing me] [Eek!] [Killing me]

Much better today: ninth place and 10/10 in 40 seconds - speedy piglet. [Smile]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
I objected to that too, piglet, because the only Desitin product I have ever seen in my life was a pre-war tin of athletes' foot powder, and I couldn't quite see how placing that on a baby's bum would help anything.

Which war?

[Biased]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

8/10 in a lousy time but at least, going first, I am first for a moment.

I was shocked to be as high as 11th yesterday.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I have done my good deed for today.

I have saved weasel from the shame of last place!

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

You will get your reward in Heaven...

...if you ever get there!

[Two face]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

F****** 'Murcan television. [Mad] F****** insects. Also [Mad]

At least I was faster than a certain weasel. Just. [Devil]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Being faster than me wasn't much of a challenge today, I'm afraid - or ever!

eta: As Eartha Kitt used to sing "An Englishman needs time..."

[ 11. September 2012, 02:00: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Reading the question correctly would probably help.

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Very poor showing today. [Frown]
I disagree with the 'correct' answer to number one.
The other three I got wrong were my bad.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today I learned that it is impossible to do the quiz while one's brother is searching the lounge for his lost glasses.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Fear not, Smudgie and no need to thank me. I have saved you from the shame of shames.

Mutters Bloody Murcan filums!

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

The time may not be good but at least I know my nursery rhymes!

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bloody hell! I dithered and changed the correct answer to wrong re: swordsman. Shite! I could have been in top 5!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Probably one of my personal top ten fastest times - and they were all correct!!

[Cool]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

My OT is getting better, but it might be that this Sunday was a doddle.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

It was a doddle, Pete!

Monday and still slower than a penguin but so much more wholesome!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Good Lord! Only one wrong on Tues and in second place! Bloody filums. And 3 rolls of the dice to come up 7s. [Yipee]

My 2 minutes of reflected glory!

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

7/10 [Hot and Hormonal]

I blame the stoopid questions!

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What stoopid questions might those be, weasel dearest? The ones I got all correct? Or were you doing a different quiz? [Big Grin]

(Please nobody tell him that it was pure guesswork, will you.)

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

As you're one of two people to get all the questions right today, so far, I blame the stoopid questions too!

--------------------

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My top score for a long time, in at 5th position. And all done on guess work!
We should have a Brit Triv quiz one day. But I would probably score really badly on that!

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Amazing. I guessed about half of the questions and only guessed one wrongly. Fudge.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Another vote here for "stoopid questions" - 7/10 and at least two of those were lucky guesses*

Hmph² [brick wall]

* The three I got wrong were, obviously, unlucky guesses ...

[ 19. September 2012, 03:08: Message edited by: piglet ]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

All four of one of Wednesday's questions are incorrect. I just picked the least incorrect one.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Did you mean answers?

All correct again today but not as quick as a certain penguin...

...but she only got 9/10!

[Snigger]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Accurate again but another pathetic time!

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

I am really really pleased that my laptop is working again (even if it has to be plugged in at the mains!) but I have to say that playing the quiz is the one time when I miss using the PC. It's so much easier with a big screen and a scrolling wireles mouse!

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

You have my sympathies, Smudge - I tried doing the quiz on my in-laws' lap-top when I was on holiday and I think it took me about a week ... [Roll Eyes]

Horrible things (lap-tops, not my in-laws [Big Grin] )

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Because the questions are taken at random from other quizzes, one of today's doesn't really make sense without the question which originally preceded it. Good job the answer was obvious from the four choices as it could have been very ambiguous had the alternative option been there.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I always get that one wrong - 99 wrong replies don't make it any more right than it was the first time!

--------------------

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Got them all right- but I am so much slower than the rest of you! I take it all too seriously. Perhaps it is the result of years of giving evidence in court, and having to be precise about my responses.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wanted to be faster than 40, but I dithered over the dog question too long. I did get all right though.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

So did I, Sir K, but I must have dithered for a second less than you did ... [Big Grin]

PS Haven't seen you on here for a wee while - welcome back! **waves** [Smile]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Not my best day in the quiz - but I beat a certain penguin!

[Snigger]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016