homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 24)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I spent ages reading question 9 and still got it wrong. I swear the last time that question came up, I put the right answer and it was wrong that time too ... [Disappointed]

PS Pete, thank you for your advice last week - it worked a treat! [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here's the Quiz again.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
alto: a soprano who can read music.

It's only because the Mrs. has a huge range. She is capable of being a Wagnerian soprano! I am still a bass.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
10/10 in 41 seconds

I know I won't win but sometimes I amaze myself!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That whole story of Hagar, Ishmael, Abraham, Sarah and Isaac is horrible if you read it (it's in Genesis). Makes me wonder why we are so happy to celebrate Abraham as father of the nations. That one I just remember the story.

The Zechariah question is the one that slowed me down, having to read it properly. But yesterday only 6 of us getting 10/10 on Bible questions was amusing.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I got the two modern "music" questions wrong.

Big surprise. [Roll Eyes]

Next!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bob Two-Owls
Shipmate
# 9680

- Posted      Profile for Bob Two-Owls         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What the heck was the New Orleans question about?
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yay! Happy dance! Top for a few seconds!! [Yipee]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Two-Owls:
What the heck was the New Orleans question about?

I have absolutely no ******* idea. [Confused] I had some v. lucky guesses with the rest though ... [Big Grin]

PS JJ, when I did the quiz, you were still first. [Overused]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Question 10: "Anyone who's ever taken a long car trip with a brother or sister knows this game"

Errm, no.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Only in America I guess Spike, definitely not one i know from this side of the Pond.

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah, my brother and sisters were too old (ha ha!) for games like that in the back of the car but my friends and I used to play it. What we said when doing the punching was different though. A long journey could result in quite a bruised arm!

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I took a wild guess on that one and was right! We played similar games with no hitting involved when I was a child. It had nothing to do with *****, however.

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

We played pub sign cricket, using number plates to count as far as we could - 333 and 777 counted as jokers, I Spy, longest word you can make from the letters in number plates ... punching was banned.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Congrats to jedijudy on her first place yesterday.

[Overused]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you for the [Overused] ! I am officially back to normal. [Biased]

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
Question 10: "Anyone who's ever taken a long car trip with a brother or sister knows this game"

Errm, no.

Me neither, Spike. F****** 'Murcans ... [Mad]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I don't care that I will be overtaken, 34 seconds is a personal best!

[Overused] me!

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think mine may be a best as well—I think my fingers are still on fire after that one!

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
Ah, my brother and sisters were too old (ha ha!) for games like that in the back of the car but my friends and I used to play it. What we said when doing the punching was different though. A long journey could result in quite a bruised arm!

The game was popular amongst me and my friends when the Herbie films were out. If you passed a VW beetle on the road, the first person to spot it thumped the other on the arm and said "Gotcha, Herbie!" Yeah, yeah, I know, little things please little minds....

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

70 seconds is definitely a personal best for this usually accurate (bar American gossip magazine questions) slowpoke!

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Well, fudge. I knew the right answer and overshot the correct little circle.

Like I said earlier, back to normal! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Greased lightning today! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Well, except for the usual moving picture of which I had no clue even existed, Saturday's quiz was easy.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I had help from Lucky Guess Piglet on the film question, which catapulted me into sixth place.

[Yipee]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Narsty Bible - it's been decades and decades since I trolled looking for all the naughty bits!

[Disappointed]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

More Murican questions about which I had no idea, not even a lucky guess.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Can't do 'murican questions either [Disappointed]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Lucky Pete's wild guesses take him from 8 to 10 today.

[Yipee]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
More Murican questions about which I had no idea, not even a lucky guess.

Me neither. [Mad]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I got the chess question (and all the rest) right! [Yipee]

However, due to the unseemly haste of most of my rivals, I'm about two-thirds of the way down the leader-board ... [Frown]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Oooh. Lucky guess! [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Things would have been faster today if my browser hadn't decided (twice!) to move to the bottom of the page!!

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Things would have been faster today if my browser hadn't decided (twice!) to move to the bottom of the page!!

Yes, dear

[Biased]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Faster than a weasel (just) but not as fast as a penguin. [Disappointed]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Well, that proves that sometimes wild guessing works!

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Rare but true - today there was no guessing. I was just slowed down by re-reading (and by a fit of the giggles about the mental image one of the wrong answers caused - bet you can guess which one!)

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Smudgie, dear, you forget that I am innocence personified!

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

quote:
Smudgie, dear, you forget that I am innocence personified!

Yes, dear [Roll Eyes]

[Biased]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Well, that proves that sometimes wild guessing works!

On a sitcom you've never heard of? Absolutely. [Smile]

Sadly, it doesn't speed up the antique that is the Château Piglet computer. [Frown]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I'm first, I'm first!!

Okay so nobody else has played yet but still I'm first!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Is it my imagination or are the Bible quizzes running out of questions to challenge us?

pssst weasel: Is that annoying penguin dissing us?

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

[Two face] [Axe murder]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
...pssst weasel: Is that annoying penguin dissing us?

It's typical bird-brained behaviour, Pete - pay it no mind!

[Cool]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

10/10 in under 50 seconds. On a Sunday. [Yipee]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

...but 4 seconds slower than a speeding weasel!

[Who, it must be said, was equally, at least, amazed at his own Biblical alacrity.]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I have to confess that when it comes to movie questions my response is basically a sort of "who knows? who cares?"

Yes, I suppose that I really am a sad old duffer.

--------------------

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am actually speeding up a bit!

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
... when it comes to movie questions my response is basically a sort of "who knows? who cares?" ...

Mine's more along the lines of "oh bugger". As it was today. [Frown]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by The Weeder:
I am actually speeding up a bit!

...and I am slowing down!

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016