homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 25)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I completed the quiz but when I went to check out the cursed nightly maintenance note showed up. [Mad] It will be thousand seconds today, alas - if not more.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Et voici!

Here's the Quiz again.

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Note to self: remember to read the question heading as well as the question itself. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
I completed the quiz but when I went to check out the cursed nightly maintenance note showed up. [Mad] It will be thousand seconds today, alas - if not more.

3664!!

Well done, Sir!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My deep ignorance of Native American folk-lore let me down.

Do I look bovvered? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Perhaps my slow times are because I am such a deeply thoughtful character.

No?

Okay, it was worth a try.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If you look at the rankings, three people are fighting to be in the top five and we all have 311 points. Not sure if I've done enough today. Mind you, Star in 7th place with 301 is close as well.

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today's could-be-better time brought to you by the sheer gobsmacking randomness of question #1. Brace yourself, people.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh boy, that is random.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I think we've had it before and I guessed right then, too - it is rather poorly worded, as questions go.

--------------------

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
#1 complete guess.... and currently in a repectable 5th place for once...it won't last though...
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't play! The system is down.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
Today's could-be-better time brought to you by the sheer gobsmacking randomness of question #1. Brace yourself, people.

I remember when we had that question once before. Unfortunately I didn't remember the answer. I probably gave the same wrong answer then, too.

sigh

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I had a lucky guess with question 1, and a better-than-average-for-Piglet time of 45 seconds, which very nearly propelled me into the top ten.

"Average" is my comfort zone ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

It's not often I agree with the quizmasters about the term "very easy", but as everyone so far has 10/10 maybe they're right for once.

46 seconds didn't give me much in the way of vertical lift though ... [Frown]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Oh well, another quiz tomorrow!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I would have better times if I clicked Submit.

And knew more than fuck-all about yoga.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
I would have better times if I clicked Submit ...

My problem wasn't clicking Submit; my computer froze and went into "Not Responding" mode just as I clicked Play today's quiz and then counted the time it took for me to close the quiz window and open it again. [Mad]

quote:
... and knew more than fuck-all about yoga.
Oh, it was yoga! And there was me thinking it was chapter 3 of the Kama Sutra ... [Snigger]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Tantric yoga?

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I must go to Mass this morning to give thanks for the miracle which was vouchsafed me!

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It won't last long, but I'm in the lead, for the minute!!!

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry Curiosity killed! [Big Grin] I'll probably be top for about four minutes. [Biased]

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

You're still in the lead two and half hours later, jj.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Another 10 hours on and you're still top, JJ. [Overused]

And I'm in fifth - 10/10 in 47 seconds is pretty dashed good for me on a Sunday. [Yipee]

--------------------

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
10 out of 10, and 6th! I have never been this high before!

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Question 1 would have been a lot more fun if the correct answer was a little different, wouldn't it Smudgiekins?

--------------------

claret10

Ship's Paranoid Android
# 16341

- Posted      Profile for claret10   Email claret10   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
d'oh can't believe the one i got wrong [Killing me]

--------------------
Just when you think life can't possibly get any worse it suddenly does

Posts: 137 | From: Somewhere, nowhere, anywhere | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Weeder:
10 out of 10, and 6th! I have never been this high before!

Probably not something you want to admit where law enforcement can see it.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

[Yipee] I have two wins this month!

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Ah well, from failing to read properly yesterday, I'm currently top, again. It's an awful time, so it won't last.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Who knew that **** was a name for a supposed beer IRL?

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

I guessed three and amazingly two were correct. (Thanks UP!!) [Biased]

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Curses, curses. It takes a special kind of stupidty to pick the correct answer and then, after some thought, change it to something dumb, thereby screwing my timings too.
[brick wall]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Who knew that **** was a name for a supposed beer IRL?

Not me. **** was my reaction too. [Devil]

My ignorance of certain indoor games is also, sadly, comprehensive. [Frown]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

My lucky guessometer was functional today. Also the process of elimination. Eliminaton implies s**t of which there was a lot today.

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
10 out of 10 and I still come fourth - I blame touchpad disadvantage, mouseclicks are so much faster ...

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Yeah, I reckon touch pad slows me down too. When I played this on the PC I was getting sub 30s times. I can't do it on the laptop; here I'm pleased with sub 40s.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Missing a question because I was interrupted means I may well end up last again!

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
October's Outstanderingistas

52 players played during the month.

1. AntisocialAlto (603 points, 14 wins)
2. indianwells (583 points, 7 wins)
3. Ariston (539 points, 5 wins)
4. Star (467 points, 0 wins)
5. TheRogue (431 points, 0 wins)
6. jedijudy (421 points, 2 wins)
7. Gussie (417 points, 1 wins)
8. ceesharp (411 points, 1 wins)
9. Loveheart (339 points, 0 wins)
10. Marvin_the_Martian (335 points, 1 wins)

Hurrah and Huzzah all
[Yipee]

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Arnold who?

--------------------

claret10

Ship's Paranoid Android
# 16341

- Posted      Profile for claret10   Email claret10   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow my first 10/10 guessing works [Biased]

--------------------
Just when you think life can't possibly get any worse it suddenly does

Posts: 137 | From: Somewhere, nowhere, anywhere | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It takes time to make a series of wild ass guesses.
Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

My wildguessometer worked perfectly today. [Yipee]

--------------------

Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It didn't register one of my answers. [Mad]

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

quote:
My wildguessometer worked perfectly today. [Yipee]

May I borrow yours sometime, Uncle Pete? Mine seems to be broken. [Biased]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

My Bible-guessometer was working well today, as well.

First place for now.

[last place, too, but we won't mention that.]

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Only one of those places now [Two face]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Strangely, this week I seem to know more about the book of Habakkuk than I do about the Gospel of St. John. Of course, changing a right answer to a wrong one is never helpful ...

[Confused]

--------------------

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

I am in at 4th today. My highest ever. I will triumph whilst I may, because I expect to get knocked down the table as more of you play.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Damn fillums!

Heads up next one is Top of Page!

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016