homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 26)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And the Quiz again

Fillums aren't so bad, it's the 'Mer'can sports question I "corrected" wrong

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Yipee] Number one until the quick-fingered ones get here!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I got the 'Murcan sport question right! [Yipee]

And all the rest, which propelled me into 7th place.

Further [Yipee]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
First to play again AND a perfect score - but in a mediocre time.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I ticked the wrong answer in one, by mistake!

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's a good one, Weeder. Must remember that one [Biased]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
First to play again AND a perfect score - but in a mediocre time.

Not as mediocre as mine, Wodders. [Frown]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'merican popular culture defeats me every time! Guesswork all the way!

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My new PeteGuess-O-Meter is running hot today!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Does it work for piglets? [Frown]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why is it assumed that people know pop music?

[Disappointed]

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That one is classic and been around for a long time, PeteC!

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That was a good guess on the TV question! The challenge is to remember it the next time.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Well I got the pop music question for a change -Peteguessometer - but it flubbed the film question. Not bad though.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Good guesses on the 'Murcan questions, guessometer malfunction on the computer question. [Frown]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

BLEAGH!!!!

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Did you not do very well, m'dear? [Angel]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

What is worse is knowing it was my own stupid fault!!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Pete, thank you for the loan of your guessometer - it's working beautifully. Would you like it back now? [Big Grin]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Those sport questions always get me.
Should have borrowed Uncle Pete's Guessometer™.

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A tip: never get into a conversation in the middle of a timed quiz. Grr.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh dear. No excuses today! [Frown]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Lucky Guess Piglet may not be very fast (tail end of the 10/10s), but she's back. [Yipee]

Can I keep the guessometer™ for a wee while longer? [Smile]

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, so much for feckin' 'murcin questions. That's two in a row that have (almost) gotten me!

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chapelhead

I am
# 21

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A couple wrong, but the time must be OK, I thought.

4037 seconds! It's not even as though I was logged on overnight.

[Paranoid]

--------------------
At times like this I find myself thinking, what would the Amish do?

Posts: 9123 | From: Near where I was before. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sylvander
Shipmate
# 12857

- Posted      Profile for Sylvander   Author's homepage   Email Sylvander   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks Chapelhead. Your participation in the game is much appreciated today! Keep up the good work.

--------------------
A martyr is someone living with a saint.

Posts: 1589 | From: Berlin | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Chapelhead

I am
# 21

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmph!

--------------------
At times like this I find myself thinking, what would the Amish do?

Posts: 9123 | From: Near where I was before. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
Can I keep the guessometer™ for a wee while longer? [Smile]

You can have it back now - it doesn't work for 'Murcan television shows that were aired when I didn't even know where America was. [Frown]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Probably my last quiz for a while and I did appallingly!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I didn't even bother with the last question. Never heard of any of them. Fillums should be banned and pop music muted in these quizzes.

--------------------

Sylvander
Shipmate
# 12857

- Posted      Profile for Sylvander   Author's homepage   Email Sylvander   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am last! [Eek!] And Chapelhead played already :-(
I blame it on the wrong answers.
Sausage and laws was nice - sounds like bangers and mash.

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
Probably my last quiz for a while and I did appallingly!

I hope you'll be back soon, WW.

--------------------
A martyr is someone living with a saint.

Posts: 1589 | From: Berlin | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Half my guesses were right. [Roll Eyes]

Hurry back, Wodders!!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
Half my guesses were right ...

All mine were. [Big Grin]

PS Have a good trip, Wodders. [Smile]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

My guessometer is working again! [Yipee] That was the easiest "Harder" quiz that I have ever seen.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Got the easiest question wrong - that's what comes of skim-reading the questions to save time. And I didn't even save time cos I had to go back on one.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

10/10 in 37 seconds must be one of my best efforts ever - and on a Sunday! [Yipee]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah well, I'm the fastest at getting one wrong - some consolation!

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Sixth place - above average piglet. [Yipee]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Rubs his little guessometer [Yipee]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I could have done with it today, Pete - f****** 'Murcan history questions! [Mad]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
I could have done with it today, Pete - f****** 'Murcan history questions! [Mad]

Me, too!
'Murcan ancient music questions! [Waterworks]

--------------------

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

I am fifth at the moment. My highest placing ever!

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How is it that I always take longer on the easy ones than the hard ones! [Confused]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Clever little guessometer!

I now know more about a faux celebrity than I ever wished to know!

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
I now know more about a faux celebrity than I ever wished to know!

You and me, both, Uncle Pete. You and me both.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I didn't even know she was a celebrity, but I remembered her from the last time she cropped up. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Slow but steady wins the race.

Waves at Ariston

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Slow but steady wins the race.

Waves at Ariston

You are correct, Uncle Pete!

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
. . .
I hate you all. Stupid American film questions!

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Thanks for lending me the Guessometer again, Uncle P! [Smile]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016