homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 28)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Back playing first again so guaranteed first place...

...for a little while.

And here is the quiz again.

[ 10. December 2012, 05:37: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bloody talkies! [Mad]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gives Pete's Guessometer a good thwack. [Disappointed]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Poor little guessometer - it worked fine for me. It can't take the blame for me taking 73 seconds ... [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chapelhead

I am
# 21

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
Back playing first again so guaranteed first place...

Playing second, so guaranteed second place. [Paranoid]

--------------------
At times like this I find myself thinking, what would the Amish do?

Posts: 9123 | From: Near where I was before. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
"Anyone who's ever taken a long car trip with a brother or sister knows this game"

Errm, no.

Few days late, but I am still SERIOUSLY pissed off about that one. It's one thing to give me a question I have no clue about. It's quite another to tell me that I should have a clue about it. Clearly, that person has no conception that the world extends beyond the boundaries of whatever little state/country they come from.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I learnt the answer by getting that wrong the first time, so I can't claim any great knowledge.

Now if only I could remember all my wrong answers about fillums and music...

Nah, other trivia's more interesting

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I thought I would keep weasel and Spike company today.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Once again, guessometer good, speedometer bad.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am THIRD at the moment. I have never been so high! I will enjoy my triumph while it lasts!

It is a bit of an easy one today!

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Bloody fillum stars!

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We wuz robbed!

...or I was rubbish.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Bloody fillum stars!

**pats the guessometer**

I got the fillum star and the 'Murcan sit-com right! [Yipee]

And all the rest. [Yipee] [Yipee]

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"With God as my witness, I thought that turkeys could fly."

Which is the only thing I've seen from that show, which, being long before my time, isn't that surprising I don't actually know.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Bloody fillum stars!

Seconded.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Do we all get the same quiz? There weren't any film stars on my one, American or otherwise...
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just realised you are probably talking about yesterday's quiz, which I missed...

Just ignore my stupid questions please. [Hot and Hormonal]

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

Yeah, sorry, I realised after I posted that the quiz had actually ticked over to a new one and I was rather behind the times.

It happens in the middle of the day for me, so sometimes I do the quiz in the night and sometimes in the morning. Today, for example, I've done 2 quizzes after doing none yesterday.

Timezones. Gotta love 'em.

[ 13. December 2012, 08:42: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

All correct - I confess to Almighty God, and you, my brothers and sisters, that I owe it to pure luck, and the laziness of the Quiz constructor who repeated whole questions from just a few day ago.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just a second behind Ariston! I feel so special! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I got 'em all right! But I must say one of the statements on which I had to make a choice was demonstrably false! [Disappointed]

--------------------

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

[brick wall] Read the answers more carefully before choosing...
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Now it is my turn to curse the movie question!

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hate to break it to ya, but that's Broadway.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Good little guessometer! It got me past a couple of movies! [Yipee]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Now it is my turn to curse the movie question!

And mine. And I took the same length of time to be just as wrong as you ... [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I'm in the lead!

Not the first to play but the first to get 10/10!

[Yipee]

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So so sorry, Weasel [Hot and Hormonal]

[Two face]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I am overwhelmed by your sincerity.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
So so sorry, Weasel [Hot and Hormonal]

[Two face]

Sorry, Smudgie! [Hot and Hormonal]
[Yipee]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

***INSINCERITY ALERT***

I'm sorry, Wodders - I've just snuck in past you ... [Snigger]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Oh wow! Rubs little guessometer's back

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

I almost guessed the right answer.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

You know one question pisses me right off every time I see it. It's Indira Gandhi, illiterate person!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Bloody rock groups! swats guessometer.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

It was the easiest question that I missed! Read the answers, jedi.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I didn't need the guessometer for the rock band, but it came in handy for other things. [Smile]

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Is it bad that, each night when I take the quiz, I think I'm doing it for the honor of the Ship? It's me vs. a non Shippie in second—with AA on vacation, I have to represent.
Deus vult!

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

The same time as A Certain Fish-Eating Flightless Bird but played later so a place behind.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Perhaps I need to learn to read along the line - Pingu was 5 seconds faster than me and I profoundly apologise.

[Two face]

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Perhaps I need to learn to read along the line - Pingu was 5 seconds faster than me and I profoundly apologise.

[Two face]

Apology accepted in the spirit it was given. [Big Grin]
Does that give me opportunity to gloat now?

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Gloat away, ma'am.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Thank you, kind sir.

Gloat, gloat, gloat [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Hey now. There'll be no goats allowed in this here town, not on my watch!

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
Is it bad that, each night when I take the quiz, I think I'm doing it for the honor of the Ship? It's me vs. a non Shippie in second—with AA on vacation, I have to represent.
Deus vult!

And, who's the old lady in third? [Disappointed] A Shipmate. That's who.

(Pokes non Shippie's behinder parts with lightsaber.)

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Oh JJ, it's okay, you're so far behind me that it's not like it even matters.

[Snigger]

(And, now that I've given you a reason to try and catch me, I'm looking over my shoulder. Where's AA to come and show us all up when we need her?)

[ 21. December 2012, 02:42: Message edited by: Ariston ]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'm a bit confused - I thought all the players in the list were Shippies.

Not that it matters; I'm in eighth place (with a bit of help from Uncle P's guessometer), which suits me fine. [Smile]

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

There's at least one who somehow snuck in a back door.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

How embarrassing to get a slow time simply because the first question was so easy that you read it three times just to make sure.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I get a slow time because my eye/brain/hand/mouse co-ordination is rubbish. And sometimes because of Smudgie's reason, in which case I get an even slower time ... [Disappointed]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016