homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 29)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Darned computer glitches! It had a little R&R at the wrong moment so my 10/10 took rather longer than anticipated!

Anyway here is the quiz again.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Slow but accurate!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
but accurate [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

...Faster than a speeding penguin?

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Right behind my friend Smudgie! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bloody fillums!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Exactly, Pete!

Funny think was, as I clicked on one answer, I thought to myself "I bet it's...." (choosing another almost randomly). Shame I didn't wait and change my answer to that one, seeing as I'd have been right!

Still, very content with a win yesterday. Shame I totally forgot to play the day before!

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I took 94 seconds to complete the quiz and scored a perfect 10/10. Really, those questions were sooooooo easy! I want a challenge!

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For a challenge, try doing it in a third of the time. You still wouldn't win, though, as we have some pretty quick guessers here.

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Just plain appalling!

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A very minor Christmas non-miracle: I only missed one of those questions! No presents for you, Quzbuilder!

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Guessometer in fairly good form today - only fell down on the question about D*sn*y, and why the **** should I know (or care) anything about where he keeps his bloody theme parks?

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I went first and thus was first but in a lousy time and now I find I have been displaced by a ferocious bunny wabbit!

Help!

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

At first I was embarrassed that the Weasel and the Wabbit got the one right that I got wrong - but then I realised it's because they are older than me. That song was before my time! [Biased]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

...and there was me thinking we were twins!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
... I have been displaced by a ferocious bunny wabbit ...

... and a not-at-all frightening piglet. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

A complete guess on the film question but, amazingly, I got it right - 10/10 and even slower than yesterday!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good little guessometer! [Yipee]

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Yea and amen! [Smile]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I am getting slower by the day!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

In my heart of hearts I got them all. It wasn't my fault that the quiz changed one question to an answer so wrong it would make a five year old blush.

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Better than usual [Smile]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Marginally faster today - I reckon it is mostly to do with the long upload times and my slow connection.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I had to read some of the questions carefully, but it was particularly a "harder" quiz.

Puts guessometer back on shelf Another day, little buddy,

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been tripped up by that question about a shop I've never been in before.
Put the same wrong answer too. [Frown]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

A VERY lucky guess on the last question.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I flubbed that one. Not surprisingly.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gives Uncle Pete's Guessometer a treat and chuck behind the ears!

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Not terribly fast (actually terribly slow), but thank you, kindly guessometer! [Smile]

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Think today's quiz wins the prize for most inane quiz of the year so far.

Proud to have got two wrong - I'd have been worried if I'd known the answer to those!

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

jedijudy

# 333

Apparently, my ability to actually click on the answer I knew to be correct is faulty. Perhaps this is a Scales and Hanon™ day! [Biased]

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What odd questions.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
... I'd have been worried if I'd known the answer to those!

[Hot and Hormonal]

I'm putting my success down to Pete's guessometer ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I fell down on some obscure actress in some obscure TV programme - ah well I suppose 90% isn't too bad.

--------------------

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
Apparently, my ability to actually click on the answer I knew to be correct is faulty. Perhaps this is a Scales and Hanon™ day! [Biased]

[tangent] Thank you for the reminder - I need to retrieve my copy of Hanon™ from a former pupil. [/tangent]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

Must read the questions properly...

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

jedijudy

# 333

quote:
Originally posted by Japes:
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:

[tangent] Thank you for the reminder - I need to retrieve my copy of Hanon™ from a former pupil. [/tangent]
I have extras here if you need them. [Biased]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

49 seconds today and I cannot blame uploading or downloading time as it was pretty quick - perhaps I'm just a thoughtful sort of character.

running first at the moment - or until someone else plays.

--------------------

moonfruit
Shipmate
# 15818

- Posted      Profile for moonfruit   Email moonfruit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
First time playing - I seem to have done rather well! I'm sure it won't last tho...

--------------------
All I know is that you came and made beauty from my mess.

Posts: 180 | From: Just outside the M25 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

That last question took a lot of reading hence my rather slow time.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

My thoughts exactly, WW.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Silly, silly mistake on the Bible Trivia leaves me with only 9/10.

DUH!!

[Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Big Grin]

It's sweet when I get 10/10 and Antisocial Alto gets less than that, and all the sweeter for its rarity.

[ 07. January 2013, 01:25: Message edited by: piglet ]

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes! It's the return of AA!

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

The boy has been complaining about the internet connection being slow for ages and I keep telling him to learn a bit of patience, that waiting a few seconds isn't going to shorten his life any. Then I do a speedy quiz and the bloomin' bloomin' slow internet connection adds an extra 20 seconds or more to my score. I shall be on the phone to my internet provider in a minute - this just ain't good enough!

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Can you get a dual speed connection so it is fast for you and slow for him?

[Two face]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Never mind the speed (or lack of it) - I got the feckin' D*sn*y question wrong.

[Mad]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Third to play and first to get 100% [Yipee]

--------------------

Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I really wanted to give a different answer to question 10, but I wanted to get it right even more. [Razz]

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

It would be very good to actually read the answers. For a change. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016