homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 30)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I got them all (thanks little guessometer!) but facebook messages and email bells startled me!

Brand new page, same old quiz.

[ 08. January 2013, 16:24: Message edited by: Ariston ]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Comfortably in first place...

...until a second person plays.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
Comfortably in first place...

...until a second person plays.

It's nice to be second, when that makes you first for a while. (Not for long, mind, seeing as I was really slow for so easy a quiz - just too sleepy to focus!)

Sorry Weasel [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Somehow I skipped question 8. I knew the answer too!

[Waterworks]

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's a sad, sad day when 28 seconds (yay, me!) only gets you into 6th place. [Disappointed]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
10/10 in 33 seconds - my best performance by a country mile - and I'm still only in 12th place.

[Frown]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Smudgie,
When you come across a question where you know so little about the subject that any of the four answers could be correct and it's down to pure guesswork, don't spend time reading the question over and over again in the vain hope that the correct answer will become apparent. Just get on an guess!
The End.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I went back to change an answer - it made me slow but thankfully I got the answer right.

Good doggie!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's more like it - ninth place even though I was 13 seconds slower than yesterday.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Well, that wasn't much of a challenge.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Get the feeling that 34 seconds won't hold me in second place for long.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today I was sub-30 seconds for the first time ever.

And I'm ranked 6th.

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

A dismal performance puts me in last place, deservedly - I'm surprised I got as many as 8/10, it was mostly pure guesswork!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Me too, Wodders. Edgar who? [Confused]

As if I wasn't at a disadvantage already as we've just had a power cut that lasted a day and a half ... [Mad]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I imagine Pete would have been relieved to have missed that one, so there are some blessings in air travel!

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I beat Smudgie on a Sunday!

[Yipee]

sorry, ma'am.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

[Razz]

And I forgot to play yesterday, too, so I somehow think my January scores are going to be somewhat scuppered.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yesterday was a good day to miss - terrible questions.

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

A guess on somebody I'd never heard of at some event I'd never heard of lost me a point - but it's only a game!

--------------------

Just Me
Shipmate
# 14937

- Posted      Profile for Just Me     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well three out of four guesses correct ain't bad!
Posts: 104 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
A guess on somebody I'd never heard of at some event I'd never heard of lost me a point - but it's only a game!

I had that one narrowed down to two, and guessed the right one. [Yipee]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

The less said about today's performance the better!

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I always fail miserably at the sports, I need to improve my guessing.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I spent too long mulling over an answer I got wrong anyway! [Frown]

--------------------

Just Me
Shipmate
# 14937

- Posted      Profile for Just Me     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow - I knew three, maybe 4 - and managed 9/10!
Posts: 104 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

The guessometer did really well, except for the ******* 'Murcan sport question.

Mind you, 12th place with 9/10 in 94 seconds isn't bad ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Still too slow!

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm joint top! I've never been top!
At least for the moment....

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

[Frown]
I am a failure.
A dismal failure.

Shall I clean the bathroom, I asked myself, or do the quiz?

Should have done the bathroom.

I'd have had a nice shiny bathroom that reflected my beauty instead of the indignity of a score that relfected my stupidity (honestly, Smudgie, how could you get that one wrong???) and a time that reflected my poor aim (I accidentally hit the bookmark at the top of the page and found myself trying to answer my emails instead of the quiz question I was aiming for!)

I am going to clean the bathroom now. Farewell, cruel world.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

...and I, after scoring the perfect 10, hit an interwebby glitch and hence appeared to take over 100 seconds!

[Mad] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

30 minutes at Number 1! I'm sure Ariston will play in a minute and knock me off my perch but I'll enjoy whilst I can.

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not to worry, I've been pretty rubbish lately. Not even the Americans know half those American TV/film questions.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Slower than a weasel, faster than a rogue.

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Who on earth still uses a PDA these days? That was an obscure question!

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Under 40 seconds! I'm stunned!

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

7/32 yeaterday but I'll get nowhere today with only 8 right answers [Frown]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Don't feel too badly! [Waterworks]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Guessed the car question and got it wrong [Hot and Hormonal] - I don't think they can have sold that model on the right-hand side of the Pond.

[Frown]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I can't believe that was classified as "harder"!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

^this

--------------------

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Indeed! If that was hard how come I get answers wrong on the so-called easy ones?
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

What WW, Pete and Lucia said - I suppose one man's "harder" is another man's* "dead easy".

* or indeed piglet's, or weasel's [Big Grin]

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

I'm top! Or rather, I'm lonely [Biased]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Another computer glitch meant it took about 15 seconds to load!

[Mad]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Thanks to the guessometer, which worked beautifully, but not to the speedometer, which didn't.

It's not so much that I was slow (49 seconds isn't bad for a piglet), but that too many people were faster.

[Frown]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Just in under the wire today!

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

It's my turn to be all alone today.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Dratted song! And the cursor lingered over the correct answer too! [Tear]

--------------------

flags_fiend
Shipmate
# 12211

- Posted      Profile for flags_fiend   Email flags_fiend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm last [Frown] but it is my first one after a long absence, so the only way is up [Smile]

--------------------
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

Posts: 238 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

My only consolation is that Ariston took more than half the time I took rather than less!

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016