homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 33)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think this will be on the top of the page...

Uncle Pete's Guessometer testing page.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Starbug:
quote:
Originally posted by Heavenly Anarchist:
COD

I had no idea what that meant!
I'm used to the medical term - cause of death. No way do posties in the UK get cash on delivery.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
*shines the Guessometer and tells it what a clever little device it is*

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Just Me
Shipmate
# 14937

- Posted      Profile for Just Me     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What's Louis on about (Q2)?

Guessometer's working fine though.

Posts: 104 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[famous last words alert]

"Average" quizzes seem to suit me (scuttles into the top 10).

Maybe I'm just a rather average piglet. [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My *&^%ing mouse seized up!

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You have my sympathy, O wise bunny; I clicked "submit" and it just sat there, doing bugger all ... [Mad]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
8 right in 80 seconds and I am currently in 3rd place [out of 8] - what a weird day!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
...hangs head in shame for not knowing such a bizarre assortment of trivia....

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
9/10 was a miracle. I would like it put on record that this was pure guesswork. I am not in any way, shape or form the kind of person who would know most of those answers and I would hate for you to think I was.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I know it's a bad workman who blames his tools, but at least 10 of my 91 seconds were occupied by the computer freezing when I clicked "play". [Mad]

I can't, however, blame it for my woeful knowledge of films and obscure children's characters ... [Disappointed]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nothing but gremlins this month!

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Nothing but gremlins this month!

Bright Lights! Bright Lights!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Virtually the same question 3 times over is a bit of a giveaway!

I'm in the lead so far but then nobody else has played.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bother - knew all the answers but one, and chose the less obvious answer for the one I guessed...... should have gone with the obvious!

Serves me right for doing the quiz with malicious intent [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

I will not break my mouse. I will not break my mouse. I will not (DAMMIT! I CLICKED THAT ONE!) break my mouse...

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

The first time I've got them all right on Sunday! I'm beginning to catch up with people who went to Sunday school.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
Bother - knew all the answers but one, and chose the less obvious answer for the one I guessed...... should have gone with the obvious!

Serves me right for doing the quiz with malicious intent [Hot and Hormonal]

Oh Smudgiekins, I'm so sorry!

[Two face]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, dear, Smudgie. [Frown]

Me, I read the questions carefully.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
9 out of 10 and me a Sunday School teacher [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
... I read the questions carefully. [Big Grin]

So did I, but the guessometer let me down on number 5. I wonder if that's the one Smudgie tripped up on, as I went for the less obvious answer too.

[ 04. March 2013, 01:42: Message edited by: piglet ]

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

Who?

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

One again, my mouse just decided to drift away like Butterfly McQueen and think happy thoughts while I was mid-quiz. Least this time the clicks registered.

--------------------

Signaller
Shipmate
# 17495

- Posted      Profile for Signaller   Email Signaller   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not supposed to know any of those US questions - what happened?
Posts: 113 | From: Metroland | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gaah! Total rubbish I am.

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Can somebody please develop a film app (whatever an "app" is [Confused] ) for the Guessometer?

Mind you, I'm north of the middle (just) with 8/10, which I suppose isn't bad ...

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Ok, after a cr*p day at work I come on here and get 10/10. On a scale of 1 - 10 just how sad am I that I feel so much better?

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Bob Two-Owls
Shipmate
# 9680

- Posted      Profile for Bob Two-Owls         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Aargh! the solar system one got me, it could have been either of two answers for very good reasons and I chose the wrong one.
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Two-Owls:
Aargh! the solar system one got me, it could have been either of two answers for very good reasons and I chose the wrong one.

It could indeed - the perils of overthinking questions in internet quizzes!

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bloody Murkan fillums!

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Yup, I agree - and I was even worse than you today!

Lauren Bacall I know but who the hell are Ron Howard, John Wayne and James Stewart?

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's not the film I was thinking of (seriously, two of them), but Wodders, if you're being serious about not knowing who John "The Duke" Wayne was, we need to show you some good ol' fashioned westerns, stat.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
That's not the film I was thinking of (seriously, two of them), but Wodders, if you're being serious about not knowing who John "The Duke" Wayne was, we need to show you some good ol' fashioned westerns, stat.

Did you just use the words "Wodders" and "being serious" in the same sentence without any hint of irony? Honestly? Did you?

Ariston, that's man's about as serious as a.. as a... as a very very not very serious thing.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Big Grin]

One of the favourite films of my childhood, if I can cast my mind back that far, was James Stewart and Marlene Dietrich in Destry Rides Again.

See what the boys in the back room will have...

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And here I was hoping for a SoF movie marathon and everything.

*grumbles*

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Bloody Murkan fillums!

Indeed.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
With film questions (of which I am always terrible) I can take a wild guess by going for the film I've actually heard of, even if I've never seen it. I couldn't do that today as I'd never heard of any of the damn things!

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Antisocial Alto
Shipmate
# 13810

- Posted      Profile for Antisocial Alto   Email Antisocial Alto   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I missed both the Elvis questions. Ariston, could you add him to the marathon?
Posts: 601 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
And here I was hoping for a SoF movie marathon ...

Please God, no. [Eek!]

The Guessometer ran out of whatever it runs on (steam? gas? petrol? extra-hot chilli powder?) when I got to the second Elvis question. Mind you, it had been working rather hard ...

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

I'm in for the marathon! (but then, I would be. )

I also dorked up on the seconds Elvis question, because I've never followed Elvis.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

[Yipee] Of course it helps to have the same answers to several questions!

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Spent too long re reading question 3 trying to make sense of it!

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

I had tired eyes and read "buried" for "betrayed," which completely changes the story.

--------------------

Mark Betts

Ship's Navigation Light
# 17074

- Posted      Profile for Mark Betts   Email Mark Betts   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm getting better at this - 10/10 and 5 award points!

--------------------
"We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution. Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed, each of us is loved, each of us is necessary."

Posts: 2080 | From: Leicester | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Woohoo! 14th today, best score yet.

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I think I shared TB's trouble with question 3 - usually 10/10 in 47 seconds on a Sunday would get me further up the scoreboard than 15th, but not today.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Oh my gosh! The guessometer was really clicking over this Monday quiz!

--------------------

Signaller
Shipmate
# 17495

- Posted      Profile for Signaller   Email Signaller   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeee Har!
Posts: 113 | From: Metroland | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged
Mark Betts

Ship's Navigation Light
# 17074

- Posted      Profile for Mark Betts   Email Mark Betts   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bottom again! [Frown]

--------------------
"We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution. Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed, each of us is loved, each of us is necessary."

Posts: 2080 | From: Leicester | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

[brick wall] [brick wall] [brick wall]

Clicked "play" without thinking whilst eating my breakfast/drinking a hot mug of water. Tried to play one handed (forgetting it was all about speed). Then hit the "enter" key by accident and submitted my answers only half way through doing the quiz. So slow and only half the questions done should guarantee me a place at the bottom of the league table.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016