homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 37)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
quote:
Originally posted by tessaB:
... try to remember that Canada has states as well.

Er, sort of no. It's got provinces and territories. Americaland has states.

Ok geography really not my strong suit. Sorry if I offended.

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
linky-link

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Mark Betts

Ship's Navigation Light
# 17074

- Posted      Profile for Mark Betts   Email Mark Betts   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Damn! I read the question about the cockatoo wrong - thought it was cuckoo. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
"We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution. Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed, each of us is loved, each of us is necessary."

Posts: 2080 | From: Leicester | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
... Sorry if I offended.

Not at all. [Smile]

Accuracy today: good. Speed today: less so. [Razz]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bob Two-Owls
Shipmate
# 9680

- Posted      Profile for Bob Two-Owls         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And today my knowledge of US brand names let me down [Confused]
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Two-Owls:

Me too, it was rather obscure!

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
TurquoiseTastic

Fish of a different color
# 8978

- Posted      Profile for TurquoiseTastic   Email TurquoiseTastic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bah.... [brick wall] ... more reasons to dislike Lance Armstrong...
Posts: 1092 | From: Hants., UK | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Obviously not a fan of the mouse's œvre.
Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Silly computer loads stuff so slowly.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How the hell did I skip a day??

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Two-Owls:

Me too - as a non-'Murcan non-parent, I think I can be forgiven for getting that one wrong.

Wait a minute - I clicked the right answer and then changed it to the wrong one ...

**mumblemumble*******guessometermumblemumble**

[brick wall]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
Silly computer loads stuff so slowly.

I do so agree, jj - 5 seconds minimum to load the quiz and the same again to load the results. Many days more than twice those.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Woohoo! Broke the 50 second barrier [Yipee]

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Details, details. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Oh for heaven's sake!

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Oh for heaven's sake!

This.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

I really shouldn't play when I'm sick. That's my excuse.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Sorry you're not feeling the best, JJ - hope you feel better soon.

I tripped up on the card game question - not my strong suit. [Big Grin]

I'll get my coat ...

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The only way for me to be in the lead on a Sunday is by playing first - 8/10 in 48 seconds so not much of a target!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Only 9 right today but one of my best times!

[Yipee]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I always seem to get that question about the disciples wrong, no matter what answer I put ... [brick wall]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

&%*$#*@ computer froze just as I hit "play today's game".

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Odd selection of Harder questions, some general knowledge, others downright obscure trivia.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Mark Betts

Ship's Navigation Light
# 17074

- Posted      Profile for Mark Betts   Email Mark Betts   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
7/10 138s - Not bad (for me) seeing as most of them were pure guesses

--------------------
"We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution. Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed, each of us is loved, each of us is necessary."

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good God, that was a difficult one. Nobody has managed 10/10 yet!

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Oh My Word !

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Antisocial Alto
Shipmate
# 13810

- Posted      Profile for Antisocial Alto   Email Antisocial Alto   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For once one of my movie guesses was right... It's an Easter miracle!
Posts: 601 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

looks at Uncle Pete's Guessometer

When's the last time this thing was taken in for service? Should I squirt some WD-40 into it's rusty innards?

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Antisocial Alto:
For once one of my movie guesses was right...

... says someone who gets an answer wrong about once every six months ...

My film guessing on the other hand was absolute rubbish, and my score wasn't helped by the slowness of my computer. Maybe I ought to start doing the quiz when I'm at w*rk ... [Devil]

--------------------

Antisocial Alto
Shipmate
# 13810

- Posted      Profile for Antisocial Alto   Email Antisocial Alto   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
After the Bible, movies and TV are probably my worst subjects.
Posts: 601 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

Aaaah, clicked the wrong one and realised as soon as I hit submit.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Mark Betts

Ship's Navigation Light
# 17074

8/10 in 88 secs - Time is getting better, but I'm still bottom o' t' class.

--------------------

TurquoiseTastic

Fish of a different color
# 8978

- Posted      Profile for TurquoiseTastic   Email TurquoiseTastic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wooo! As far up the leaderboard as I've ever been! Go with the gut! (And reduce the font size so I don't have to scroll down so much)!

excited TQTastic

Posts: 1092 | From: Hants., UK | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Just south of the middle, just north of the Weasel. [Smile]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

One paltry second and she knocks me down a place!

[Roll Eyes]

[Big Grin]

...and I don't think taking 60 seconds to complete today's quiz will help my cause at all!

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

Failed on the cars, what a surprise.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Mark Betts

Ship's Navigation Light
# 17074

NOT bottom 't class today - but still the slowest time (so far) - 8/10 138s [Tear]

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How is it that, when some people guess, they inevitably get the answers correct and when other people guess, they inevitably get them wrong... and more to the point, why is it that I invariably seem to be in the latter group? You're not telling me you lot know the answers to all those question!!!

[Waterworks]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Big Grin]

[Two face]

--------------------

Mark Betts

Ship's Navigation Light
# 17074

I so wish people would use the same login for Fun Trivia as they do for The Ship - then we can all see how badly they did! [Two face]

I'm 3rd from bottom now. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
How is it that, when some people guess, they inevitably get the answers correct and when other people guess, they inevitably get them wrong... and more to the point, why is it that I invariably seem to be in the latter group? You're not telling me you lot know the answers to all those question!!!

[Waterworks]

Just the usual, Smudgie. When some people do well as a matter of chance, they say so, when others do so, the keep quiet. Maybe the latter like people to think they do well out of skill?

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dang movie question, right off the bat. <sneer>

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Heavenly Anarchist:
Failed on the cars, what a surprise.

Me too.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Number 6! Highest placement so far!

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'm right behind you, Tess - it's not often that 77 seconds* will get you into the top 10.

* at least 10 of which were wasted while the computer faffed about ... [Mad]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

First place again but for my usual reason - I can only go down from here!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
With quizzes like that I could put the guessometer in storage!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bloomin' Windows 8!
I was doing fine until the screen suddenly changed mid-quiz! And to add insult to injury, it changed to the Ship!!!

Still, a respectable time - just one which will be knocked into orbit once the speedy gang get on board.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mark Betts

Ship's Navigation Light
# 17074

quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
Bloomin' Windows 8!
I was doing fine until the screen suddenly changed mid-quiz! And to add insult to injury, it changed to the Ship!!!...

(sigh!) excuses, excuses... [Disappointed]

--------------------

Mark Betts

Ship's Navigation Light
# 17074

The slowest time AND I got one wrong! I'm getting good at this y'know..

...bottom 't class again...

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016