homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by joan knox:
I do not learn. Got same question wrong last time it came up...

Me neither. [Frown]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Crew's Quiz

I'm sure the answer's changed on the one I got wrong!

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Note to self: prepositions at the ends of sentences can be very, very important, especially when they change the meaning of the question.

Whoops.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
10/10 in 34 seconds must be my best effort yet, especially on a Sunday. [Yipee]

Still only managed eighth place though. [Frown]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Silly quiz took about 40 seconds to load then added all that time on to my score!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
beat 8555 seconds [Big Grin]

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Looks as though the quiz server is having problems. I got an internal server error when I tried to play, and the scoreboard hasn't refreshed yet (after 5 minutes) so I don't know whether it has registered my attempt to play. Beware!

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

- Posted      Profile for joan knox     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
apparently 3536 seconds for me today...!
Now in last place... awesome [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jesus saves, Allah protects, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich

Posts: 906 | From: edinburgh | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good to know that all our attempts to catch the person in front of us in the standings are getting frustrated!
*Shakes fist at Jedi Judy*

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't access the quiz at all...

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Drifting Star

# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't either. [Frown] Been trying on and off since midday. 500 Internal Server Errors all the way.

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AristonAstuanax:
Good to know that all our attempts to catch the person in front of us in the standings are getting frustrated!
*Shakes fist at Jedi Judy*

*Bats eyes at Ariston and blows kisses* [Razz]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I need to emigrate to the UK sometime tomorrow afternoon: I missed the first question! Else I would have been fourth.
[brick wall] [brick wall] [brick wall] [Disappointed] [brick wall] [brick wall] [brick wall]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Yes, it is odd to see someone with a time of two hours, 22 minutes, and 30 seconds on that list.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kevin:
I missed the first question! Else I would have been fourth ...

I'm delighted to keep the fourth-place spot warm for you, Sir K. [Big Grin]

Lucky Guess Piglet was on v. good form today. [Yipee]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sylvander
Shipmate
# 12857

- Posted      Profile for Sylvander   Author's homepage   Email Sylvander   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tree Bee:
I can't access the quiz at all...

Lucky you! I couldn't access my brain...
Posts: 1589 | From: Berlin | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I had a bit of trouble in that department too, Sylvander. Lucky Guess Piglet was taking a snow-day. [Frown]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Questions about a TV show I've only vaguely heard about and certainly never seen...

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My thoughts precisely WW [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 

January's Jewels

63 players played during the month.

1. AntisocialAlto (805 points, 17 wins)

2. Caty (605 points, 1 wins)

3. Hennah (591 points, 3 wins)

4. Star (575 points, 0 wins)

5. jedijudy (492 points, 0 wins)

6. Jahlove (465 points, 4 wins)

7. Ariston (460 points, 2 wins)

8. Loveheart (412 points, 0 wins)

9. TreeBee (397 points, 0 wins)

10. Japes (378 points, 0 wins)

Shine on, you crazy diamonds [Smile]

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Probably the toughest 'Easy' quiz yet! I got 6 and I'm not last.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Genevičve

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

- Posted      Profile for Genevičve   Email Genevičve   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is there a way, on the first of the month, to see the previous month's whole list? I tried, but could not seem to find a way.

--------------------
"Ineffable" defined: "I cannot and will not be effed with." (Courtesy of CCTooSweet in Running the Books)

Posts: 4336 | From: Eastern US | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

Fudged me fruits. Darn.

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
Questions about a TV show I've only vaguely heard about and certainly never seen...

... and a game I've never heard of. [Frown]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

...and today has a mispelling on one of the questions that made it really difficult when I was trying to hurry through!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oll Korrect!

wow! I did a major guess on Q1 though.... but it worked!

96 seconds has to be my personal best!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Okay, one of those was helped considerably by something I picked up in my Hostly tenure.

No, seriously.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I'm last out of 9 - will this be the day I finally finish in last place?

--------------------

joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

- Posted      Profile for joan knox     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
hmmm, the stop light question was just bizarre...

--------------------
Jesus saves, Allah protects, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich

Drifting Star

# 12799

quote:
Originally posted by AristonAstuanax:
Okay, one of those was helped considerably by something I picked up in my Hostly tenure.

No, seriously.

Was that the nose-picking one?

--------------------

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear God, I know the quiz compilers are a puritanical lot, but they're even uptight about nose picking [Disappointed]

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Spike,

You remind me of something that happened to one of our exchange students.

He is a big strapping boy from Greenland. We took him to our favorite hot wings joint one day. He was well warned about washing his hands at least three times before rubbing his eyes.

What I had forgotten is that there are fewer social prohibitions in Greenland about digital nasal mining.

He inserted finger and his whole face flushed. He went whooping and hollering to the bathroom.

I'd like to say I helped him out, but I was laughing too hard at the time.

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He's lucky it was his only his nose. It could have been a lot worse [Snigger]

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Feck me!!!!!!!!!!! I was slower than I thought anyway, but missing the one about nations just adds insult to injury...

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
Dear God, I know the quiz compilers are a puritanical lot, but they're even uptight about nose picking [Disappointed]

There is a radio station that broadcasts in this market and they threatened to broadcast descriptions of cars in traffic where the drivers were picking their noses. It's OK in kindergarten, though I would still offer my pupil a Kleenex, though I haven't got that option on the road!

--------------------

Just Me
Shipmate
# 14937

- Posted      Profile for Just Me     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Got Q1 right by being ignorant - correct answer was the only one I'd heard of anyway.
Posts: 104 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
He's lucky it was his only his nose. It could have been a lot worse [Snigger]

Don't mention that. As a grower of scare-the-neighbor chiles, I know all too well what you're alluding to.
You only make that mistake once.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Realised the right answer to the one I got wrong just as I hit the "submit" button. Shame!

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kinetikat
Apprentice
# 16833

- Posted      Profile for Kinetikat   Email Kinetikat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, Smudgers, surely you're not reduced to THAT twee little excuse...?! [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 28 | From: Northumberland, UK | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ahem... I do think that apprentices should treat their shipmates with a little more respect.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Kinetikat
Apprentice
# 16833

- Posted      Profile for Kinetikat   Email Kinetikat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry, sorry, you're absolutely right. So are you going to sit around whingeing and coughing up phlegm ALL evening? Ma'am? [Razz]
Posts: 28 | From: Northumberland, UK | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Too slow to be in top ten, but I did recognize a question from an earlier quiz!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I think I did too, Sir K - and managed to get it right! [Smile]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by Kinetikat:
Sorry, sorry, you're absolutely right. So are you going to sit around whingeing and coughing up phlegm ALL evening? Ma'am? [Razz]

[Snigger]

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
quote:
Originally posted by Kinetikat:

[Snigger]
Don't encourage her, Weasel. I get enough stick from you without a measly apprentice joining in. [Razz]

I shall go now and blast you all out of the water on today's quiz...

[ 04. February 2012, 08:23: Message edited by: Smudgie ]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
US currency eke-names Fail [Frown]

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Snuck into the top 10 (until Sir K. gets here, obviously [Big Grin] ) and only 20 seconds slower than Antisocial Alto.

Can we give her a speeding ticket? [Snigger]

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Harder, my eye! I found it rather easy and I was fast two! SIngle digit place in the top ten...

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[brick wall] < What to do if you don't click the answer you are looking at. [Biased]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

OOOOH!! OOOH!!! I'm 1st, I'm 1st...
well, temporarily, but dangit, I'll enjoy it while it lasts [Big Grin]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016