homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 42)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't know why I had to think that question was harder than it really was. *sigh*

Uncle Pete's Guessometer testing site.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey, Grits! [Yipee]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd be able to read the questions quicker if I put my glasses on [Cool]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well deserved bottom place. [Frown]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think I beat you, TreeBee - and am appalled at my lack of knowledge and speed this morning. Shocking performance. [Disappointed]

Mock as you will, Weasel and Pete - I am utterly ashamed to have got that question wrong. [Disappointed]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Relax Smudgie, you have now been pushed off the bottom rung, but upwards.
Gosh, I feel stupid right now!

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My laptop is possessed. I definitely picked the right answer, but the cursor has a mind of it's own. [Frown]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Before engaging mouse, put brain in gear. As my mum would have said, "remember, Piglet dear, read the question".

Got my north and south mixed up - what an idiot! [brick wall]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah well I am glad I wasn't the only one to figure that England was too obvious an answer to that question.

Or was I? [Paranoid]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, wow, oh wow, oh wow! At this moment in time I am the only Perfect 10 on Tuesday's list!!!!!!

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Proudly bottom of the heap! This laptop, not mine, is The Machine From Hell!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bob Two-Owls
Shipmate
# 9680

- Posted      Profile for Bob Two-Owls         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In at number one! That is the first time I have done that without being the first player.
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

quote:
Originally posted by Bob Two-Owls:
In at number one! That is the first time I have done that without being the first player.

Well, there goes my twenty minutes of fame. It was nice while it lasted. [Waterworks]

Weasel: [Yipee] Now you know how it feels.

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Third place is very exciting for me - @ 20 til 9
and only a half mug of coffee [Smile]

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tripped up by the President.

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Inanna

Ship's redhead
# 538

- Posted      Profile for Inanna   Email Inanna   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm impressed - I guessed at least two of those, and went for speed over accuracy. Which has landed me at #2. [Big Grin]

--------------------
All shall be well
And all shall be well
And all manner of things shall be well.

Posts: 1495 | From: Royal Oak, MI | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tree Bee:

Me too, TB. [Frown]

Canadian guessometer, eh? [Devil]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am really grateful that my friends let me use their laptop when I am staying with them but it is really seriously awful for speedy quizzing!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On fire today!

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
quote:
Originally posted by Tree Bee:

Me too, TB. [Frown]

Me too. I knew it was FDR, but put Washington anyway. Still don't know why.
Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is it a deliberate extra layer of difficulty in a quiz if you have to anticipate the answer that the setter wanted, rather than the one you think is right? Fiendish. [Paranoid]
(I'm thinking about the conversation on a date question).

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Bob Two-Owls
Shipmate
# 9680

- Posted      Profile for Bob Two-Owls         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The floating one was rather tricky for me because I know for certain that one other of those animals does float. I tried to duck one under in a fountain once and it wasn't easy but he did eventually give back my spectacles...
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll like to dispute the drowning animal one too!

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, the drowning animal one is nonsense - at least three of the provided animals float.
Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Wow, an easy one that really was quite easy!

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Regarding one of the questions, I'd rather break the fingers of the offender.

But I got ten right because I sublimated my own desires!

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

Whoop to the guessometer! [Smile]

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I mostly agree, TB, but I made a stupid guess on the insect question - I should have used what's left of my brain ... [brick wall]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Blessed be the Guessometer
Blessed be its Holy Name

I got ten! On a Sunday! I beat the penguin! Wonders never cease!

--------------------

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Excellent, Sundays are a good scoring day." thought I, complacently, as I went to the Quiz.

So, today's the day I discover the bottom right hand key on my laptop, with a right-angled arrow on it has a function as a "Submit Button".

Learn from me; do not press it after Question 3. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

Blast and buggery. Lord, lead me not into the temptation to select the wrong option when I know the correct answer. [brick wall]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Blessed be the Guessometer
Blessed be its Holy Name ...

Yea and amen. [Yipee]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Smile] Wow, that hasn't happened in a while! (yesterday, I mean)

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

What the HELL was Q. 10 about???? [Mad]

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No idea Pete. None whatsoever.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I had no idea either, but the Guessometer did. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I do think that little Guessy is rockin' these days!

[Yipee]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Not always ... [Frown]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

OK, my goal for this month is to not stupidly skip a day.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

So glad to be back with a mouse and I celebrated by getting in the Top 10 - but probably not for long.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

10/10 again today - and who is that at the bottom of the list - surely it can't be...?

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I only got 9 because my hand slipped. Still looking for Smudgiekins.

Oooohhhhhh

--------------------

Bob Two-Owls
Shipmate
# 9680

My guessometer is still calibrated for UK TV unfortunately...
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

Is there such a disease as June Stupidity? (I needed two goes to type that, which probably answers my question). Is it possible to reset the month? Oh, for some quiz-related time travel. [Frown]

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

Yay! I'm first! [Biased]

But probably not for long...

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I'm last, possibly for EVER!

...or at least until Pete plays.

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I like Friday ones. Nice and easy [Smile]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah. S'long as you check all your answers have registered. Pfft.

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
I'm last, possibly for EVER!

...or at least until Pete plays.

Well, I ain't last (Thanks Drifting Star!), but it is one of my personal best times.

--------------------

Mark Betts

Ship's Navigation Light
# 17074

- Posted      Profile for Mark Betts   Email Mark Betts   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
573 FunTrivia bucks now - 27 more needed until I can buy my new car! [Smile]

--------------------
"We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution. Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed, each of us is loved, each of us is necessary."

Posts: 2080 | From: Leicester | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016