homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 43)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Slow, but accurate. Like a tortoise, but I beat some hares.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
...and here's the link again, folks.

I was slow today as well, but then I always am. However I got my 10/10 displaying my usual, erm, genius[?]...

...or possibly just my vastly unreliable ability to sometimes remember trivia from the last time they asked the question.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay, I am officially stoopid - HERE is the link!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
3rd......3rd I tell you!
Cannot believe it, will not last long I think.
But for now [Yipee]

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Edgar who? [Confused]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Piglet, I didn't know the Doctor's name was Edgar!

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dangit, Wodders, you just spoiled the 50th Anniversary special for us.

Jerk.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

The Sunday Bible Quiz and I don't know how many times that same question has been in but I still get it wrong!!

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Me too, Weasel, so you're in esteemed company [Smile]

It's strange - I find it really hard to gauge how fast I am answering the questions. I thought I was much faster than that today (for a change).

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Me too, Weasel, so you're in esteemed company [Smile]

It's strange - I find it really hard to gauge how fast I am answering the questions. I thought I was much faster than that today (for a change).

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Perhaps my lack of Sunday Schooling isn't a disadvantage after all.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Apocrypha? Bah!
Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Guessometer was better at the Apocrypha than it was at the ordinary bits today.

I'm with Wodders and Smudgie - there are several Biblical questions that I regularly get wrong, and we had two of them today.

[brick wall]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Nearly, but not quite, bottom of the heap on Monday.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What the living f**k was Q7 all about?

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I have no idea but I got it right!

[Big Grin]

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
PMS again (amongst other repeat questions). Why the fascination?

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh 'Elmet, I don't think you were here yet, when nearly every quiz had a "lint" question; belly-button, pocket, you name it.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Some lucky guesses there today and not only am I first I am also not the first to play, which is an added bonus - doubtless I'll be well down the list by tomorrow.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

[brick wall]

A series of amazingly accurate guesses and..... agagggghhhhh... for the one question I actually knew the answer to and would have classed as incredibly easy, I clicked on the wrong one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[brick wall] I. Am. An. Idiot. [brick wall]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Weasel is still the only top score at 0725 EDT.

Most of the questions were in that famous category:

Who the fuck knows or cares?

hereinafter referred to as WTFKOC?

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Guessometer works very well today. Who wants it next?

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Guessometer on fire today!!! I had to guess 5 of those questions (different cultural heritage don't you know) and the guessometer was bang on with 4 of them.

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I think the Guessometer must have been tired by the time it got to me - one good guess, one duff one.

C'est la chuffin' vie, as they say in France ... [Frown]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

The Guessometer revived overnight helping me to my first Sunday maximum for quite a while!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

You must have used up its batteries - was that on question 10 by any chance? I picked one of two biblical-sounding numbers and they were both wrong ... [Frown]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Thank you Guessometer for the second day running!

--------------------

Mark Betts

Ship's Navigation Light
# 17074

- Posted      Profile for Mark Betts   Email Mark Betts   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In Q10 I thought General Electric was a UK corporation - but it's the only one that seemed to fit, so I chose it... and... BOOM! 10/10, well done me!

The time's not very respectable, but again the tortoise beats the hare. You want proof? Well, just take a look at my new shiny classic automobile which I was able to purchase with 600 FunTrivia bucks! [Big Grin]

I'm browsing for my next classic now - I'm becoming like Chris Evans you know...

--------------------
"We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution. Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed, each of us is loved, each of us is necessary."

Posts: 2080 | From: Leicester | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well on the way to an ok 10/10 and then out of nowhere - a big red cross, for no answer. [Mad] I'm clearly not tapping this touchpad hard enough; I aspire to a mouse one day, purely to get a better ranking in this quiz.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

You'd have thought after 10 years of being subjected to North American television and its ubiquitous adverts, I'd have got question 10 right.

I didn't though. [Frown]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yay, 10/10 thanks to Mark Betts! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Good god, little Guessy deserves a shot of screech for that one!

And top of the list too! Well, since I'm the only one so far... Must wait for the Limeys to kick in.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Ah well, I can always try again tomorrow.

--------------------

Mark Betts

Ship's Navigation Light
# 17074

- Posted      Profile for Mark Betts   Email Mark Betts   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
BOOM!! 10/10 AGAIN. ...and my times getting better as well. It's amazing since at least half were just educated guesses. Browsing now for my next car...

--------------------
"We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution. Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed, each of us is loved, each of us is necessary."

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Good god, little Guessy deserves a shot of screech for that one ...

Certainly does, me boy, and long may yer big jib draw!

**sends virtual Screech over to Uncle Pete**

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I HATE movie questions, even when I get them right.

Still first to play and 10/10 so it is not all bad.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I think I will pass the quiz today. Thanks for the warning. [Disappointed]

--------------------

Mark Betts

Ship's Navigation Light
# 17074

BOOM!! Not! I got the film one wrong too, also I don't watch/read Garfield. I don't want to talk about my score. [Frown]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
I HATE movie questions, even when I get them right ...

Despite having a vague idea of the right answer, I managed to click on the wrong one. [brick wall]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Why do I bother reading the supposed difficulty of the quiz when it bears absolutely no relation to the difficulty as perceived by me? Today's I would have classed as Very Easy but then I knew the answers, so I would, wouldn't I?

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Seems to me that 'easy' is US trivia and sport of which I will have absolutely no clue and 'hard' is factual stuff that I might actually stand some chance of knowing!

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Wow, my fingers just flew today. The guessometer looked on in amazement, then turned around and went back to sleep!

Very easy today, indeed!

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

10 out of 10 and under 50 seconds. I love this.
(Yes I know I will probably hate it tomorrow but c'est la vie!)

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that "average" is where my comfort zone is. [Smile]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Below 40 seconds is amazingly fast for me!

--------------------

Mark Betts

Ship's Navigation Light
# 17074

BOOM!! 10/10 again [Big Grin]
...so why am I bottom t' class? [Waterworks]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Good grief I gt up and log on early in the morning to find that everybody so far has got 10/10! That doesn't happen often.

I must say that I consider doing the quiz in a mere 18 seconds is somewhat indecent!

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Sadly there are no points for knowing the right answer bit ticking the wrong one!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Thank you, Guessometer - you have powered me into the top 10 ...

... for the moment anyway. [Smile]

--------------------

TurquoiseTastic

Fish of a different color
# 8978

- Posted      Profile for TurquoiseTastic   Email TurquoiseTastic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
Good grief I gt up and log on early in the morning to find that everybody so far has got 10/10! That doesn't happen often.

I must say that I consider doing the quiz in a mere 18 seconds is somewhat indecent!

[Big Grin]

Nice short questions - quick to read!

Posts: 1092 | From: Hants., UK | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016