homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 46)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A perfect score and Top of the Leaderboard, at least until somebody else has a go!

(Edited to add the Linkety-link.

Honestly, this fellow expects everybody else to do his work for him)

[ 22. July 2013, 07:50: Message edited by: Smudgie ]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good little Guessometer came up spades. Still not any wiser as to who that person is.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Me neither.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
...(Edited to add the Linkety-link.

Honestly, this fellow expects everybody else to do his work for him)

My 'umble apologies O Glorious Penguin.

[Two face]

eta: oh dear, how very sad, I see somebody only got 8/10 today.

[Waterworks]

[ 22. July 2013, 10:10: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
oh dear, how very sad, I see somebody took 56 seconds today.

tessaB crowing slightly at having taken 54 seconds!

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Killing me]

Congratulations, ma'am.

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ouch, what a difficult quiz today. Guessometer needs recharging.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fail. Multiple fail. Hit all my weak spots today.
[Waterworks]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My knowledge of Wile. E Coyote far exceeds that of the Simpsons! [Big Grin]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
not entirely me
Shipmate
# 17637

- Posted      Profile for not entirely me     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't have a clue how the rest of you go so fast! Must remember to practise my speed reading.
Posts: 68 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, phooey.

Has anyone calibrated the guessometer recently?

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Worked fine for me!

Of course, that geography question was just a bit unfair, seeing as I can tell you from personal experience how to bike to all three of those towns from my house.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Blast it! Not only 9/10 and a looong 80 seconds, but also 3 seconds slower than the weasel. Pride goeth etc.

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Misread a question. [Waterworks]

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sylvander
Shipmate
# 12857

- Posted      Profile for Sylvander   Author's homepage   Email Sylvander   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is it possible not to know the answer to two VERY EASY questions. [Eek!] I'll go and have a brain transplant. I'll also go for a swap. Anybody want to experience the blissful feel of carefree ignorance?

--------------------
A martyr is someone living with a saint.

Posts: 1589 | From: Berlin | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Longer than usual today, but had to consult the little Guessometer!

[ 26. July 2013, 10:44: Message edited by: PeteC ]

--------------------

Mark Betts

Ship's Navigation Light
# 17074

- Posted      Profile for Mark Betts   Email Mark Betts   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
BOOM!! 10/10 (again) - The guessometer is bang on today. Unfortunately that's more than can be said for my speedometer. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
"We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution. Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed, each of us is loved, each of us is necessary."

Posts: 2080 | From: Leicester | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Some very strange questions today!

eta: ...but I beat a certain flightless aquatic bird!

[ 27. July 2013, 07:16: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

TurquoiseTastic

Fish of a different color
# 8978

- Posted      Profile for TurquoiseTastic   Email TurquoiseTastic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Urrgh - that was chastening...
Posts: 1092 | From: Hants., UK | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Hey, weasel!!! I bea'cha today!!!! [Yipee]

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

9/10 in 58 seconds [Yipee] Above Weasel, PeteC and Smudgie, for today that is enough.
(I know tomorrow will bring me crashing down but tomorrow can take care of itself.)

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Full marks, top of the board [Eek!]
(Mind you our Turquoise friend hasn't played yet [Ultra confused] )

[ 28. July 2013, 12:33: Message edited by: tessaB ]

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

You're still on top, tessaB, with only a couple of hours to go!

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Oh how are the mighty fallen [Hot and Hormonal]
Mind you it would have helped if I had clicked on the answer I knew to be right rather than the one below it. Still I suppose that made up for the complete guess I got right [Biased]

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

The guessometer might be a secret alcoholic, but he was certainly functional today!

Hydrates little Guessie

--------------------

Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Second day back on the quiz after a long hiatus - and 10/10 with 54 seconds isn't too shabby...

[ 29. July 2013, 10:32: Message edited by: Stejjie ]

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Oh, wow! I beat Pinky and the Brain *

*aka weasel and Smudgie

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I'm glad you didn't refer to me as the brain!

[Eek!]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

10/10 in 42 seconds!

I have no idea how that happened!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I suppose it might help if I actually had ever watched the television show in question. [Disappointed]

Contemplates subscribing to some celebrity rag

[Projectile]

Oops, sorry about that!

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Oh well, there is always tomorrow!

--------------------

Sylvander
Shipmate
# 12857

- Posted      Profile for Sylvander   Author's homepage   Email Sylvander   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Almost last again.
It is all because of you folk! Nobody willing to swap brains with me. Sorely disappointed.

Posts: 1589 | From: Berlin | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Mark Betts

Ship's Navigation Light
# 17074

- Posted      Profile for Mark Betts   Email Mark Betts   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sylvander:
Almost last again.
It is all because of you folk! Nobody willing to swap brains with me. Sorely disappointed.

I beat you - I mean I actually AM bottom. The guessometer just packed in after the seventh question. [Waterworks]

--------------------
"We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution. Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed, each of us is loved, each of us is necessary."

Posts: 2080 | From: Leicester | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
not entirely me
Shipmate
# 17637

- Posted      Profile for not entirely me     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
tried to be quick but my scrollometer and guessometer both failed. I'll be having words...
Posts: 68 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

OMG, I beat Weasel. Again. [Yipee]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's pretty sad when a non-Shipmate is in top position. Again. [Disappointed]

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I keep trying to knock her off, for the Honor of the Ship. The 1970's/1980's film questions keep on killing me.
AntisocialAlto, where are you? The Ship calls!

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Honor? Ship?

What have you been smoking?

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Well that was fairly easy. I was never going to get a perfect score, though, because there was yet another question about an obscure Ammurican teevee show I've never heard of.

Puts guessometer in Naughty Corner

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Concentrated on time today and managed 10/10 in 31 seconds [Yipee]
Both guessometer and speedometer up to scratch!

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Yipee]

Two days running I have beaten a certain aquatic avian!

[not that I would ever brag, of course.]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

The Guessometer was correct on one, and I changed it. Oh, well. Tomorrow, tomorrow, there's always tomorrow.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

You do well on Bible? [Eek!]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

well, I did today - 10/10!

[Ultra confused]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
You do well on Bible? [Eek!]

Not today, apparently. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
well, I did today - 10/10!

[Ultra confused]

Well done weasel!

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I keep mixing up who avenged who. [Disappointed]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Thanks TreeBee.

Not as good today, the very US-centric question left me with no ideas.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Bugger me! I got the song right, even though I had never heard of it, nor the group that recorded it!

[Eek!]

And I beat the weasel. Again! [Yipee]

--------------------

The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Somehow I'm top for the month so far although today's effort will not keep me there. Can August stop now, please?

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016