homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 47)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Guessometer testing site.

Rats. Apparently I need to offer better bribes to the thing.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eek, today's was hard - think that's my worst result (8/10 in 64 seconds) so far... [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today the guessometer is working on Pimms and chocolate!
Now if I can just speed up a little [brick wall]

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Only 43 seconds for a perfect score today!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lucky you! [Waterworks]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Guessometer failed me today, possibly because we never have booze in the house so I couldn't wet its whistle for it.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
oh, tush! I give it water all the time. It worked for me! [Yipee]

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mark Betts

Ship's Navigation Light
# 17074

- Posted      Profile for Mark Betts   Email Mark Betts   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've upped my speedometer a bit recently but I'm afraid it's compromised the old guessometer's performance.

--------------------
"We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution. Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed, each of us is loved, each of us is necessary."

Posts: 2080 | From: Leicester | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Aaargh American football [Mad]
I don't even know anything about English football!

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Having just been in America was quite useful. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Ok that was fairly easy. Now if I can halve my time I might have a chance. [Killing me]

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

You still beat me!

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
i thought i might try and join in this month. Just so I don't get forgotten

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi, Wet Kipper! How could we ever forget you?

Oh great, someone else to beat me in the Quiz...

[Biased]

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh my God, you mean I won yesterday?

*faints*

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I love fact filled quizzes. I [Axe murder] my little guessometer!

And I beat weasel. Again. [Yipee]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Not only did you beat me but so did that dratted penguin!

Most folks will beat me today as well - 8/10 won't win me anything.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I shoulda listened to the Guessometer! [Waterworks]

Why, yes, I did beat you today, weasel. You are an amazing prophet!

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
...weasel. You are...amazing...!

[Hot and Hormonal]

I know, it's a cross I have to bear.

[Razz]

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Humility forbids...... [Biased]

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm back. I'm still rubbish at bits of the Old Testament, but I'm back ... [Big Grin]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

My usual pedestrian pace but at least I managed 10/10.

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Trying to up my speed, lost my accuracy [brick wall]
Life's a balance!

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
My usual pedestrian pace ...

... but a whole second faster than me. [Overused]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Pedestrian again, 10/10 again - and first to play so top of the table!

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Regarding yesterday's quiz, I was thrown that an American chewing gum brand has the same name as a verruca treatment!
Tasty!

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Top of the board until the really heavy hitters come along.

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I beat the Annoying One™!

[ 13. August 2013, 10:14: Message edited by: PeteC ]

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I beat the Annoying One™!

I think not. The weasel was far, far faster than you.

There are some questions I take pride in not knowing the answers to. The first question on this quiz was one of them. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Sixth place, but with a rubbish time of 62 seconds, that won't last. [Disappointed]

--------------------

Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:

There are some questions I take pride in not knowing the answers to. The first question on this quiz was one of them. [Big Grin]

I seem to have got that one by "which sounds the most likely" guesswork.
Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Others had gone before me with 10/10 but I ended up top - although I know it won't last.

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Only 9/10 today. Will be taking a break for a few days as beloved husband and I are having a short holiday in Istanbul. Probably do me good to get away from the computer. Have fun [Biased]

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

jedijudy

# 333

Daughter-Unit wouldn't have missed that one. [Disappointed]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Even more pathetically pedestrian than usual today but at least I got them all right.

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

Second-fastest AND second-most-wrong.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

10/10 in 42 seconds really doesn't cut it on "very easy" days ... [Frown]

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh look!
Only two in the top ten.
I wonder who's top and who's last? [Biased]

I will enjoy my gloating for a minute or two because, even though I know that everyone else will get 10/10 in speedy times and knock my paultry 9/10 to the bottom of the pile, I won't be here to see it [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I really should listen to the Guessometer more often. I vaguely remembered (but discounted) the memory of one of my nieces going on and on and on and on... Still, I'm in good company, if a little removed.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I do enjoy beating A Certain Flightless Aquatic Bird on a Sunday - particularly in a faster time as well.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

She's there? Where?

Oh. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
I do enjoy beating A Certain Flightless Aquatic Bird ...

I suppose you're not averse to beating a certain cute little farmyard animal either ...

Speed merchant. [Big Grin]

Mind you, 10/10 in 47 seconds on a Sunday is pretty good by my standards, bearing in mind the antiquity of the computer chez Piglet.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Cool]

...erm...cute?

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

Dammit. He who hesistates for one extra second has lost.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I [Axe murder] fillum-less quizzes!

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

quote:
I [Axe murder] fillum-less quizzes!

It was the fillum-related bit of it that brought me undone!

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

I'm Back!
10/10 in 41 seconds. Oh I missed this [Yipee]

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I [Axe murder] harder quizzes. They're usually so easy as they involve facts rather than fillums or celebrity trivia.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
I [Axe murder] harder quizzes ...

So do I, especially when I know the answers ... [Big Grin]

Fifth place today, but I don't expect that to last.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

8 seconds faster than me [Waterworks]

I see Smudgie is very much is a support role today.

[Two face]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016