homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  New poll  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 48)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  ...  93  94  95 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's a very kind way to say Dead last

I must remember that one.

eta: Guessometer testing site.

[ 20. August 2013, 17:58: Message edited by: PeteC ]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20412 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would classify that as easy rather than as average!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One second slower than a weasel - not bad for a woman who spent half the night chasing a hamster round the lounge (*typing this through half-closed eyes)

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14367 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Erm, six seconds according to my maths!

[Did you catch the hamster ok?]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just spent several seconds at the end of the quiz fumbling my mouse and not clicking on the submit button onscreen. [Disappointed]

I don't think it was 5 seconds, so I'm not saying my lack of coordination has cost me victory, but I've definitely dropped down the table as a result.

It's one thing to not know the answers, it's quite another to not know where the Stop button is!

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18041 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

When it takes over 15 seconds to load the quiz how can I hope to get a reasonable time?

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Really repetitive quiz. I think they need to change their edition of The Book of Quizzes.

--------------------

Posts: 20412 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
especially if it gets rid of all the exceptionally long winded questions which have stupidly easy answers - it then becomes a competiion in speed reading, rather than knowledge

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9808 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sylvander
Shipmate
# 12857

- Posted      Profile for Sylvander   Author's homepage   Email Sylvander   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
One second slower than a weasel - not bad for a woman who spent half the night chasing a hamster round the lounge (*typing this through half-closed eyes)

You are, I hope, aware that penguins eat fish, not hamsters? I hope you did not catch it.
Posts: 1589 | From: Berlin | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Really repetitive quiz. I think they need to change their edition of The Book of Quizzes.

One of today's questions was completely absurd. Even though I figured out the 'right' answer, that wasn't a quiz question in any normal sense of the word.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was expecting to be the only player NOT to get 10/10. Whew !

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Well, Saturday's quiz, although nominated harder, was certainly dead easy.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I've said it before and I'll say it again - going off in a daydream in the middle of the quiz really mucks up the time!!!

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
I've said it before and I'll say it again - going off in a daydream in the middle of the quiz really mucks up the time!!!

And going into "don't actually read the answers" mode when responding to questions doesn't really do wonders for your score either. Idiot! [brick wall]
(Seriously, I even noticed that was what I was doing and didn't alter it. Obviously I am up too early this morning!)

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Fell down on the minor starlets film question - GRRRRRR!!!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Yeah, but did he?

Pats faithful little guessometer. Obviously it feels better than yesterday when it had a tummy upset. Just water today.

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
More haste, less speed, fool. Oy. [Disappointed]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1829 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Garbage!

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ditto.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6831 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Good grief, what happened to you lot? I went through thinking "This has to be the easiest harder quiz I've seen", slowed down only by the after effects of a sleepless night. And there's you pair, whining about getting only 8 right.

Penguin Power [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Good grief, what happened to you lot? I went through thinking "This has to be the easiest harder quiz I've seen", slowed down only by the after effects of a sleepless night. And there's you pair, whining about getting only 8 right.

Penguin Power [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I was just coming here to say how insufferable She would be.

I was right.

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry Smudgie [Razz]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 29875 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wm Dewy
Shipmate
# 16712

- Posted      Profile for Wm Dewy   Email Wm Dewy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One hundred forty-five seconds! I'm always a little slow, but I was interrupted.

--------------------
"And harmoniums and barrel - organs be miserable--what shall I call 'em ? - miserable machines for such a divine thing as music!"

Posts: 216 | From: Indiana USA | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmm, equal with Smudgie. Am I improving or is she getting worse?

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm grateful to the four kind souls who made a bigger bollocks of that quiz than I did. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 19596 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Beating a Circus Host is SO satisfying!

[Cool]

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Isn't the challenge usually to beat both of us?

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6831 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

At my age I take my victories where I can.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Tag-team-time... Ariston, your turn to massacre the opposition! [Big Grin]

(OK, OK, I'll let you old boys gloat for a little while at the fact that I guessed about 90% of the answers and managed to guess one incorrectly. After all, not everyone's head is full of inane trivia [Biased] )

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
...After all, not everyone's head is full of inane trivia [Biased] )

I've met you, remember!

[Two face]

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
quote:
...After all, not everyone's head is full of inane trivia [Biased] )

I've met you, remember!

[Two face]

I don't recall.
Q.E.D
[Big Grin]

[Two face]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry to anyone who has the guessometer after me - I've given it a real workout. About eight of those answers were complete guesses!

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Mark Betts

Ship's Navigation Light
# 17074

- Posted      Profile for Mark Betts   Email Mark Betts   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
@PeteC

My speedometer's better than yours today! [Smile]

--------------------
"We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution. Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed, each of us is loved, each of us is necessary."

Posts: 2080 | From: Leicester | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

Borrowed the guessometer and it was working perfectly. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
... Pats faithful little guessometer. Obviously it feels better than yesterday when it had a tummy upset. Just water today.

That must be awfully good water you have there, Uncle Pete - it worked perfectly today and put me in sixth place.

[Yipee]

--------------------

Posts: 19596 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

SO slow!!

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

...but I see I have beaten at least one Circus Host today already!

[Cool]

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

Brand name guess for the win!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
Brand name guess for the win!

... or not. [Frown]

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Author's homepage   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
...jj polishes the Guessometer and puts a pretty ribbon on it...

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 17825 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Bloody moving films. Bloody dead actors. That is all.

[ 30. August 2013, 06:38: Message edited by: PeteC ]

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Slowed down by brain freeze and worrying whether they meant letters 'in total' or 'individual'. Slow, slow but never quick quick!

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Mark Betts

Ship's Navigation Light
# 17074

- Posted      Profile for Mark Betts   Email Mark Betts   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
10/10, but the speedometer needs a kicking again.

211 FunTrivia bucks now - still need 289 more for my Big Blue Car. [Frown]

--------------------
"We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution. Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed, each of us is loved, each of us is necessary."

Posts: 2080 | From: Leicester | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Currently I have more than enough to get myself an aircraft carrier and almost enough to get a flying saucer as well!

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I tried hard to nudge PeteC off the bottom rung, but couldn't quite do it. [Biased]

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Author's homepage   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a UFO and a money tree. I could buy the aircraft carrier, or a bunch of cats and unicorns.

Decisions, decisions.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 17825 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
I have a UFO and a money tree. I could buy the aircraft carrier, or a bunch of cats and unicorns.

Decisions, decisions.

Strangely, I have NO idea what any of you are going on about. Status quo ante, then.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Pete, if you are signed in on the Quiz page and click on Awards then have a look through the four categories of virtual prizes on offer all shall be made clear.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Oh.

Actually I hardly ever click on links in websites that depend on advertising for fear of even more spam.

Except when hosting when I grit my teeth and bite the bullet and take one for the gipper (whatever that means)

No, don't tell me. I've enough useless answers to deal with.

Warning for those who care: Top of page coming up.

[ 31. August 2013, 06:23: Message edited by: PeteC ]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  ...  93  94  95 

Post new thread  New poll  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016