homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 51)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
New page, new link!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Blimey - it's not often you get into the top 5 with a time of 73 seconds*. [Yipee]

I may have to go back to the off-licence and buy that bottle of 25yo Highland Park for the Guessometer.

On second thoughts, it cost three hundred and something dollars ... [Eek!]

* It's not often I get into the top 5 at all.

[ 27. September 2013, 00:34: Message edited by: piglet ]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not very nice of you to push me out of the money, honey. I was feeling guilty though, with that slow time I had. [Razz]

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
34 seconds!!

I am amazed!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As am I.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
30 seconds - 30 !! [Yipee]

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yesterday I made 5th place with 73 seconds. Today I took 37 seconds and was 16th. [Disappointed]

Of course, weasels and penguins are much more aerodynamic than piglets ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
But I thought pigs flew! [Snigger]

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

So I was chatting on IM with A Certain Shipmate and said to leave me alone for a minute as I was going to do the quiz and got a stream of "Are you finished yet? Huh? Huh? Huh?"

My consolation is that he only got 9/10 and took more than twice as long as I did.

Didn't you, Pete?

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
But I thought pigs flew! [Snigger]

[Big Grin]
Not this one.

My default position seems to be about 15th/16th, although it does depend on whether I use the computer at home, which works to geological time-scales, or the one at w*rk, which doesn't.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Pretty terrible attempt today and am currently next to bottom on the score sheet, my only consolation being who is below me [Snigger]

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I changed an answer because my husband said I was wrong! Won't listen to him again [Disappointed]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Top! On a Sunday!
This won't last.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

5 hours later and you're still there!

[Overused]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
5 hours later and you're still there!

[Overused]

[Eek!]

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Weasel?

Weasel?

Weasel?

WEASEL?

Oh.

There you are, O slippery one!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

My only mitigation is that the phone rang when I was in mid-quiz.

And I got that stupid Hallowe'en question wrong again ... [Mad]

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
HA! On the final day of competition, Ariston stages a dramatic come-from-behind victory for the month! Didn't think I'd pull that one off.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Himself bringing me a plate of snacks halfway through the quiz does NOT improve my time!

--------------------

TurquoiseTastic

Fish of a different color
# 8978

- Posted      Profile for TurquoiseTastic   Email TurquoiseTastic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
HA! On the final day of competition, Ariston stages a dramatic come-from-behind victory for the month! Didn't think I'd pull that one off.

Congrats Ariston. That was a particularly fierce month's competition! I was following the scoreboard with great interest... (should I be worrying about my priorities...?)
Posts: 1092 | From: Hants., UK | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good Guessometer. Slow Jedi.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Was anybody else weirded out by Q10? I hate having to answer questions with what I think the setter wants to hear. Ick.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
TurquoiseTastic

Fish of a different color
# 8978

- Posted      Profile for TurquoiseTastic   Email TurquoiseTastic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, although I guess the question is really about the meaning of the name rather than the rather strange "decoration" the setter decided to give to it...
Posts: 1092 | From: Hants., UK | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Boadicea Trott
Shipmate
# 9621

- Posted      Profile for Boadicea Trott   Email Boadicea Trott   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Have just discovered this quiz site - what fun! Playing using my SoF name :-)

--------------------
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

Posts: 563 | From: Roaming the World in my imagination..... | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

Little chance of getting number 5 correct. [Frown]

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would have been faster if I had not been distracted by a misplaced apostrophe in DVDs.

[brick wall]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Boadicea Trott:
Have just discovered this quiz site - what fun! Playing using my SoF name :-)

BT, welcome to the Daily Ignorance Test.
[Ultra confused]

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Alicïa
Shipmate
# 7668

- Posted      Profile for Alicïa   Email Alicïa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Guess who is going to win dunce of the day. Looks like it's me. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world." Georgia Elma Harkness

Posts: 884 | From: Where the Art is. | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I took pity on you. Stupid wrong answer.
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One particular question took a while for my brain to process, and I could just feel the seconds slipping away. It's not helpful when your brain starts thinking "there goes my chance of winning today" instead of focusing on the actual question!

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Number 5 messed up a year; it also messed up my answer.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Number two for a bit! Haven't been that high on the score board for quite some time!! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

However briefly, it's nice to be number one for a bit! [Yipee]

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The rest of us need to go back to Bible school.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A combination of stupidity and clumsiness tells me it's not going to be my month.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I may be the slowest of the 10/10s, but at least I'm one of them. [Yipee]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

weasel, dear, it's not the fast time that counts. It's the number of correct answers.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Oh dear, Pete, I think I may have to quote that back at you sometime [Razz]

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

I have so many of you wonderful, wise and quick shipmates to look up to. Thanks for being you.
[Biased]

--------------------
Oinkster

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Hot and Hormonal]

If I read the question it might help.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I took three times as long as Indianwells (19 seconds??? [Overused] ) but I still don't know on which planet that quiz was reckoned to be "harder".

But then, like all general knowledge quizzes, they're easy if you know the answers ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Today I didn't know the answers!

Rubbish performance - completely rubbish!

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

Well, I got one wrong, but for that one I had absolutely no clue what it was even talking about - still don't at this moment. They might as well have asked me something in Estonian.

EDIT: And now that I do know, after a bit of googling, I'm pissed off. Formulate the question properly so I can understand what you're asking, dammit. I could actually try and make a considered guess rather than randomly pressing a button. [Mad]

[ 09. October 2013, 10:56: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I'm off to bed but it looks like I have a good chance or ending up last again [Yipee]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

It's after breakfast and I'm still last!!

[Cool]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I achieved a Last Place yesterday and today my internet connection decided to disconnect during the quiz so I had to wait whilst it reconnected.

It is not being a good week quiz-wise!

--------------------

Alicïa
Shipmate
# 7668

- Posted      Profile for Alicïa   Email Alicïa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
First place! Me! [Yipee]

Oh I know it won't last with a time like that but I am enjoying it while it does. [Cool]

Posts: 884 | From: Where the Art is. | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

Sorry, only gave you 4 minutes of pleasure. [Razz]

I saw the list of existing scores, slowed down a bit and took care!

[ 10. October 2013, 08:46: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

The Guessometer ground to a halt part way through. Needs an overhaul.

--------------------
Oinkster

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

It was working perfectly when I used it (and I certainly needed it)! [Yipee]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016