homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 52)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Question 1 - you bastard [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Linkety linkety linkety link

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So, Marvin, did you get number 1 wrong by any chance?

Still, of a load of names I'd never heard of, I managed to pick the wrong one, so I guess I can't really gloat.

Or can I? [Biased]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What I liked about yesterday's quiz is the way Pete was so supportive of us all.

[Biased]

10/10 and first to play today but 46 seconds won't keep me there more than a few minutes.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alicïa
Shipmate
# 7668

- Posted      Profile for Alicïa   Email Alicïa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmm. Last again. Didn't enjoy those quiz quiz questions much.
Posts: 884 | From: Where the Art is. | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The key to the "quiz" questions is if in doubt, grovel to the editors. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yay. Looking at the monthly standings, I'm officially the best loser in the business.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(*&^%$%#$ baseball questions. [Mad]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Slow but accurate.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Also accurate, and a squitlet faster than you. [Big Grin]

It was kind of Pete to leave the Guessometer under the flower-pot when he went away for the weekend, wasn't it?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Still slow, still accurate but first on the list!

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Never heard of the item described in number 4!

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Mad] Two of my answers didn't register and then I managed to change a right answer to a wrong one. FFS.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good Heavens! Still in second place!

(Would be first without the non-Shippie person!) [Razz]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Blimey - I'm in fifth place, and I didn't even need to use the Guessometer! [Yipee]

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yay! First (for about 30 seconds probably)
I did need the guessometer [Hot and Hormonal] , luckily he was kind today.

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

It worked in part for me today; I should have listened to it on one guess and not changed a right answer to a wrong one ... [Mad]

For American sportists of whom I've never heard, though, it was peerless. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Guessie came up with a touchdown for me too!

[Yipee]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What house?!

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Who the heck knows? But I remember the question from previous quizzes. Thank God.

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
shame that I didn't have that previous knowledge to go by.

You know how every so often there's a question that says "what should you do if you find a question that you think is wrong"

- write to the setter and say "Fix your question, dumbass"
- complain to the people who run the site
- politlely point out your thoughts on the question to the setter
- Suck it up and deal with, there are more important things in life

maybe we should put what we learn from those questions into practice

[ 17. October 2013, 08:10: Message edited by: Wet Kipper ]

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ha. When I actually tried to submit a query or correction about a question, THAT part of the website seemed to mysteriously lead to a blank page.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by Heavenly Anarchist:
What house?!

It was a HEADING to the question, rather than being in the question. Utterly dumb, I know.

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Normally I can at least understand the questions but that house one had me completely flummoxed [Confused]

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
there are Headings in the questions ?

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Clever Guessometer! [Smile]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
Clever Guessometer! [Smile]

On days like today, I see it all bedecked in red and white streamers, with several balloons and the drop kicks to his behind (from previous occasions) covered up.

With a beer stein filled with whisky and trusting puppy dog eyes looking at me.

YMMV

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by Wet Kipper:
there are Headings in the questions ?

Trust me, until today I hadn't noticed either. If people on this thread hadn't been carrying on about houses I might still not have known.

I believe that the 'headings' I saw were the titles of quizzes. I think that what happens is that we get quizzes made up of questions selected FROM various other quizzes. And this other quiz was titled with the name of the house. So the question worked fine in the context of an entire quiz about 'the house'. When we get a single isloated question about 'the house' we're all mystified.

[ 18. October 2013, 02:12: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I can't blame the Guessometer for my complete b*llocks on the film question - I'm sure that at some point I guessed it correctly, but today was not that point.

[Frown]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Obscure TV shows and equally obscure musicians are my downfall.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Guessing incorrectly is mine!

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Geez Louise!

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bloomin' brilliant guessometer! Who's next for it? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

I think you used it up Tree Bee. [Frown]

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Guessometer was amazing on two out of three guesses. Silly TV programs. [Roll Eyes]

[Someday I'll learn to spell.]

[ 19. October 2013, 13:54: Message edited by: jedijudy ]

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

It was fine on the TV programme for me, but fell down on the phobia.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Not the first to play today but the first to 10/10 - in a SLOW time.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Beating The Penguin on a Sunday is SO satisfying!

[Snigger]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Once again, movies I've never heard about, or actors who don't seem to make headlines (front pages of celebrity magazines.)

Who the fuck watches this stuff?

[ 21. October 2013, 08:54: Message edited by: PeteC ]

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

*views standings*

Oh, THAT'd be right. The one day of the month that I don't play is the one day of the month that the top 4 usual suspects all stumble. [Disappointed]

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Not only got the actress one wrong but read 'least time' as 'most time'. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

**pats the Guessometer and gives it a dram**

The Guessometer knows more about 'Murcan television actors than I do, which is just as well.

[Smile]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

A fine start to the day! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Painfully slow today. But at least I got back on the 10/10 train.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I may well have exhausted the Guessometer already, sorry about that.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:

[Eek!] You sure did! [Waterworks]

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

The questions did seem to have an interesting geographical bias today...

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:

[Eek!] You sure did! [Waterworks]
Pete, you are so wonderfully supportive in your role as, erm, support person on the Quiz Table - you have no idea how much we all appreciate it.

[Two face]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Hi Uncle Pete. *sigh*

It's actually kind of nice down here.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'm not very far above you, JJ, owing to a Guessometer malfunction on the pop-song question.

Bearing in mind that IMHO the last time there was a decent song in the charts was the week after Freddie Mercury died and they re-released Bohemian Rhapsody* I'm not really surprised.

* The last time before that was Moonlight Shadow by Mike Oldfield. [Big Grin]

**shuffles off to get her slippers and cocoa**

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016