homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 53)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Stupid brainfart!

Here is the link again.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Go on, go on, admit which one you got wrong.....

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Hot and Hormonal]

The last one - I find it hard to believe I could be that stupid!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll pretend I can't remember the last one.

Pity!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I reckon I've just posted my fastest-ever time - 34 seconds - and it still left me in only 13th place.

Do those of you who get supersonic speeds just read the answers and hope for the best?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Assuming sub-30sec times are "supersonic"...

I try to scan only as much of the question as is necessary to arrive at the right answer. For example, if a question contains the words "curved yellow fruit", I'm going to go and click "banana" in the answers and move on to the next one without ever finding out what the rest of the question actually was.

I get burned by the odd trick (or tricky) question through using this method, but most of the time it works fine [Smile] .

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, Attempting to read the entire question is not a good technique for speed.

EDIT: Except on days when the rating is 'hard'... sometimes there ISN'T a good technique for speed.

[ 26. October 2013, 06:48: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Damn you, weasel. You blew the guessometer's gasket again!!

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Weasel! [Overused]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Cool] Genius will out [Big Grin]

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm nominating Guessometer for sainthood, even as we speak. Between us we can cite at least three miracles. [Angel]

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bleurgh!

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Why. Why. Why do I think I know better than the Guessometer, the all-wise and all-knowing?

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Why. Why. Why do I think I know better than the Guessometer, the all-wise and all-knowing?

Me, too. [Waterworks]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sometimes I surprise myself with my Bible knowledge! I actually knew the answers. Although I was too damn slow again.

(You can tell it's half term, have time to play)

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bloody hell!! I've never been so high up, so late.

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
... the Guessometer, the all-wise and all-knowing ...

It certainly excelled itself today! [Yipee]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

10/10 and first to play makes me 1/1!

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Very random questions today. I was torn between two of the answers on the Hey Jude one [Biased]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I messed up the beer one, mainly because I only have a very small brain.

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Apparently the Guessometer runs on beer. Because I don't.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I didn't get the beer one either. I usually pour my beer properly in the first place. If it foamed I'd just wait for it to settle.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
I messed up the beer one, mainly because I only have a very small brain.

I got that one. Damn kiddie actors!

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I know nothing about beer, in spite of the Heavenly threads about it!

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

10/10 but not first to play so no first place time at all for me today.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

But today I am first to play so I get to be first on the list, at least for a little while.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

35 seconds! Probably my best ever time - and 100% accurate as well.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Faster than a speeding weasel ...

PB for me today too - 10/10 in 33 seconds! [Yipee]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Well done, piglet!

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Back down to 50 seconds today but still Number One for now at least.

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

Right, we can close this month's competition now, I'm happy. [Big Grin]

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Who the hell is Wilt Chambers?

Can we have a more international quiz, rather than loads of questions about baseball, gridiron football, etc.

Please.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Blessed be Guessometer
Blessed be his little name!

[ 02. November 2013, 12:06: Message edited by: PeteC ]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

quote:
Blessed be Guessometer
Blessed be his little name!

O sing unto the little feller, all ye nations!

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Praise be!

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Rubbish performance in a rubbish time - overall impression - RUBBISH!!!

...and I doubt I'll get any better marks for Artistic Impression.

--------------------

TurquoiseTastic

Fish of a different color
# 8978

- Posted      Profile for TurquoiseTastic   Email TurquoiseTastic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
hmmm... genuinely difficult today... hmmm...
Posts: 1092 | From: Hants., UK | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Wow, no 10/10 yet.
My most rubbish score so far.

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

orfeo

# 13878

This is clearly not a Christian website.

--------------------

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Don't think I've ever known what the shortest verse in the OT is, so I'm quite chuffed with my 9/10 for Bible Trivia.

Plus, I'm in shock that I still seem to be high in the Top Ten with most of the day done, with that score and a 50 second time...

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
NO! The one hard one I didn't Google, I miss!
...still in the top ten, though...

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

...you have time to Google?!!!!?

EDIT: Okay, admittedly if you were playing late in that particular game, there was an incentive to be particularly slow and steady and go for accuracy rather than speed.

[ 04. November 2013, 05:28: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Got the movie one wrong, no surprises there!

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
can't believe nobody got 10/10 yesterday, so by being "fastest loser", I actually won !

I don't think I have a chance of the same thing happenign again today.

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

That was a massive failure!

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Wasn't it just. And it would have been worse without my little pal Guessie. But even he drew a blank on some of those.

--------------------

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
WHAT??? I got 10 out of 10 when at least half were guesses!

I see my name in the number one position on today's scores for the first time ever! (I know it won't last, got to enjoy the moment...)

Quick, what else should I do today when luck is so clearly going my way? [Big Grin]

[ 05. November 2013, 08:41: Message edited by: Lucia ]

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lucia:
WHAT??? I got 10 out of 10 when at least half were guesses!

I see my name in the number one position on today's scores for the first time ever! (I know it won't last, got to enjoy the moment...)

Quick, what else should I do today when luck is so clearly going my way? [Big Grin]

Me too Lucia!
Who's next for this gorgeous shiny guessometer?

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

The Guessometer worked on some but not all for me - oh well, it's only a game.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
9/10 was nothing short of a miracle, especially as the one I got wrong I almost changed to the right answer. Who cares what my time was - I didn't totally flunk it with 2/10 like I expected to!

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016