homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 61)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Slowish, but thanks to the guessometer (really, who would actually know all of that?) all right.

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Linky link

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Great start to February - fifth place! That Guessometer absolutely rocks! [Yipee]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sixth place today, despite a brainfart on the part of the Guessometer - I'm assuming that nearly everyone else's grasp of certain parts* of the Old Testament is a as shaky as mine.

* I really ought to write that one down somewhere for the next time it comes up ... [Big Grin]

eta: if it hadn't been for that brainfart, I'd have been in first place. [Waterworks]

[ 03. February 2014, 02:16: Message edited by: piglet ]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hate finishing 11th.
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by piglet:

eta: if it hadn't been for that brainfart, I'd have been in first place. [Waterworks]

*cough* [Cool]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Third place so far today - at this rate I might make it into the hall of fame (famous last words ...)

[Yipee]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So glad I didn't make fun of Smudgie for only getting 8 yesterday - guess what I scored today?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yabbut, she still pipped you!

And I beat you both! [Eek!]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:

And I beat you both! [Eek!]

HIpHIpHurray (((PeteC))) I always did like that song "Your day....will come".

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
... at this rate I might make it into the hall of fame ...

... or not. [Frown]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh dear that was a difficult one today.

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

- Posted      Profile for Alban   Email Alban   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I what?
I won yesterday?
I WON yesterday!
[Eek!]

--------------------
Whoever you are, wherever you go, Hophtrig is your friend!

Posts: 722 | From: Under a (long white) cloud | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Before engaging mouse, check that brain is in gear.

[brick wall]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I might be slow but I'm accurate!

Well, I was today, by pure luck.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alban:
I what?
I won yesterday?
I WON yesterday!
[Eek!]

Well done [Smile] . I'm quietly confident about today, though there are some good Quizzers who have yet to compete...

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I snuck into the top 10, but I'm not any threat to you, Marvin. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Today I beat Smudgiekins on both accuracy and time but I promised her I wouldn't crow about it, so I'm not.

[Angel]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'm snapping at your heels, Wodders, but I suspect I won't be in the top 10 for long.

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Again my knowledge of cartoons let me down.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

An internet glitch meant that I completed the quiz then had to wait over 20 seconds for it to be scored thus a dreadful time today.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My cursor was zooming all over the place, so I likewise had a horrible score. I certainly didn't think that quiz was "hard".

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
koshatnik
Shipmate
# 11938

- Posted      Profile for koshatnik   Email koshatnik   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yikes, the less said about today's effort the better. Can I blame it on the hades-lite conditions here in the SE corner of prison island?

Thought not.

Posts: 467 | From: top of the pops to drawing the dole | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

My computer was having an even-slower-than-usual day today, hence my lowly status (although not as lowly as some ... [Big Grin] ).

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Back in the groove today [Big Grin]

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Did I ever say how much I hate finishing 11th?
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Fourth place so far, but isn't there a rule somewhere in there that if it's your birthday you have to be first?

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

For Tuesday's quiz, I give thanks to the guessometer. There remained a question on which we were both silent. I am grateful that neither I nor it were able to supply the correct answer.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

We can send the Guessometer back now, Pete - it learnt its lesson and got me a 10/10!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
... There remained a question on which we were both silent. I am grateful that neither I nor it were able to supply the correct answer.

Oh yes it did ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

10/10 again but a frankly lousy time - and all my fault this time.

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Too tired to click on the correct button [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's nice to see that the definition of an easy quiz remains one where you have to guess at half the answers.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Half the time I find the "hard" ones easier than the "easy" ones. I don't know which demographic those categories are supposed to be valid for, but I'm not in it...

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As best I can tell by the pop culture references, 50- or 60- something Americans who haven't been paying attention to the last 20 years or so.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
koshatnik
Shipmate
# 11938

- Posted      Profile for koshatnik   Email koshatnik   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
... except for the Powerpuff Girls and a fanatical love of Harry Potter.
Posts: 467 | From: top of the pops to drawing the dole | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

I always get that swimming pool question wrong. [Frown]

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

One stupid mistake when trying to go too fast plus one stupid question that only someone setting a quiz on that site will know the answer to equals bottom of the pile [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Tree Bee:
I always get that swimming pool question wrong. [Frown]

I usually do, but this time I changed a wrong to a right. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

Argh! Got 10/10 but my score doesn't show!

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

quote:
Originally posted by Tree Bee:
Argh! Got 10/10 but my score doesn't show!

Ah, there it is. Strange. [Ultra confused]

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's been at least a couple of weeks since we had a lint question!

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sshhhh!!! Don't disturb the lint.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Easy Bible quiz this morning. = [Big Grin]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

There were two factors which caused me to be upholding everybody else on the leader-board today:

(i) my computer having a meltdown just after I hit "play", giving me a time of 101 seconds; and
(ii) me making a complete b*ll*cks of two of the questions.

[Mad]

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Are we sure that everybody gets the same quiz? I don't remember any swimming pool question, nor a lint question any time recently. Or do you think maybe my brain looks like swizz cheese? [Confused]

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Chuffin' Simpsons questions. [Mad]

--------------------

Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

Hmmm. 11th.
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Oh Pooh-sticks! That'll keep me out of the top ten. Chemistry [Mad]

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tessaB:
Oh Pooh-sticks! That'll keep me out of the top ten. Chemistry [Mad]

I usually do badly at chemistry but as a nurse I am fine with any chemical that is given via a drip [Smile]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016